Run for your lives! Save yourselves!
Now Chik-fil-A is out of sauce!
We’ve always wanted to write a headline like that in our newspaper print days. Break off in mid-sentence and leave a lot of unfinished white space.
Despair is in order, it says here, thanks to the Joe Biden/Kamala Harris presidency. If it wasn’t for bad news, the Biden/Harris administration wouldn’t have any news at all. Which is why CNN and their ilk are saying “Look over here!” — running telethons over Liz Cheney’s defenestration.
Let’s review the damages:
• The stock market is down 4% so far this week (681 points on the Dow Wednesday alone) and it’s only Thursday.
• Inflation is up 4.2% — the highest in 13 years. And Biden/Harris want to throw another $2.3 trillion at loosely defined “infrastructure.” The $1.9 Trillion stimulus enacted in March hasn’t all been spent yet.
A social media meme shows a sheet of plywood and the legend: “No low ballers; I know what I’ve got.”
• To pay for all that Democrats would raise taxes by $3.3 Trillion over the next decade, which would dampen the GDP by 1.62%.
• Unemployment is up, partly because Democrats are paying people not to work. In April, the American economy produced 266,000 jobs compared with 770,000 in March and 536,000 in February. Unemployment ticked up a percentage point to 6.1%.
• Illegal migrants are pouring over the Mexican border at a 20-year high; already more the first three months of the year than in Trump’s last 12 months in office. Many are kids kept in cages.
• Russia is hacking and shutting down our pipelines. Finishing the job Biden started with Keystone XL, we suppose. Since last November 3, the average price per gallon of regular gasoline in the U.S. has jumped 75 cents. Gasoline lines are back and so is hoarding.
The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission put out this advisory 5-12-21: “Do not fill plastic bags with gasoline.” They wouldn’t be putting out advisories like that if people weren’t filling plastic bags with gasoline.
• In the name of climate change — the liberal equivalent of a snipe hunt — Biden/Harris cancelled oil and gas leasing on federal lands and waters.
• The federal government ran a $1.9 Trillion deficit in the seven months through April — up 30% for a new record high.
• The national debt now stands at $4 Trillion — the highest since WW2 — when we had something to show for it.
• Israel and the Palestinians are killing each other again, thanks to John Kerry’s friends in Iran.
• Critical race theory is being taught in the schools. The cancel culture killed off Roseanne Barr and Uncle Ben. Police are the bad guys, not criminals. Aaron Rodgers might quit the Packers.
Blaska’s Bottom Line: Like Dandy Don Meredith would sing during a blowout on Monday Night Football, “The party’s O-ver!”