Joe McCarthy, redux
That little kid in the movie saw dead people. Madison Ald. Tag Evers sees armed Trump supporters in Downtown Madison.
Like Paul Revere with a master’s degree in grievance studies and Soviet agitprop, the alder from the privileged Vilas-Monroe neighborhood rides the midnight alarm on his taxpayer-supported, official City of Madison blog.
I was on State Street and the Capitol Square and noticed a handful of white militia members armed with assault rifles. The nightmare scenario was evident, that there could be bloodshed on the streets of Madison by vigilante groups. Guns are showing up on both sides, and I was fearful of what could happen.
What didn’t happen Monday night in Madison did happen the next night in Kenosha as 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse killed two people and wounded a third. This is incipient fascism, jackboot thuggery overflowing with hateful bile, a clear and present danger to our city.
A city, he might have mentioned, largely boarded over with plywood, disfigured by graffiti, and plagued by a growing number of No-Go zones. A city riven by running gun battles, stolen cars careening through the streets, and ruined businesses. Tag, a rock concert promoter by profession, then presents his proof of violent threats: a click-bait article misleadingly headlined: “Dozens Call for Killing Protesters on Pro-Madison Police FB Post.”
Except, except, except … Ald. Evers’ source is an obscure far-Left agitation/propaganda Resistance website.
Except, except, except … the “violent threats on the pro-police Facebook page merely links to an F-bombing exhortation, declaring “No bad protesters, no good cops” and urging social justice warriors to “do whatever you want! F-bomb S**** up!” over the previous weekend.
Except, except, except … the supposedly right-wing militia Facebook page merely asks witnesses to “record everything these people are doing.” These people being:
And we know what happens to people who try to record the smash and grabbers. A beatdown administered by woke high school guidance counselors. That doesn’t faze Madison Ald. Tag Evers (Progressive Dane):
“Those who are brazen in their threats to take human life need to be disavowed by the Madison Police Department, and universally condemned by elected officials, community and business leaders, by the faith community and every Madison resident.”
8 questions for Ald. Evers:
• Did we miss your condemnation of the killers of Maurice Bowman? Anisa Scott? The shoot-out at Garner Park? The almost daily, running gun shoot-outs? The F-bomb everything up command?
• The guy with the baseball bat and the megaphone shaking down businesses for his personal enrichment? Do you continue to demand his immediate release? The firebombers of city hall — freedom fighters or urban terrorists? How is Devonere A. Johnson (alias “Yeshua Musa”) not a jack-booted thug”?
• Given what you describe as the imminent landing invasion of the American Bund, Klan, Boogaloo Bois, and Proud Boys on the shores of Madison’s isthmus, do you still support depriving Madison police of non-lethal weapons (pepper spray, rubber bullets, etc.)?
• Do you still support a $200,000 police monitor and an advisory board composed of criminals and cop-haters to hector Madison police officers?
• Which Madison institutions are institutionally racist? Police? Fire? MTI? Democratic Party of Dane County? Common Council? Names, pls.
• Do you expect store owners — many of them Third World immigrants — to watch their livelihoods turn to ash, sweep up the broken glass, and go out of business as their price for Tag Evers to expiate his guilt over 1619? Or may they be permitted to protect their property since Madison City Government declines to do so? I ask because Madison is running out of plate glass, plywood, and patience. (The three P’s.)
• Does the City of Madison owe any recompense to those businesses? (I believe you voted against the originally proposed $500,000 and have opposed successively smaller amounts since.)
• Are there any remaining statues, monuments, memorials remaining that need to be pounded with Jordan King’s sledgehammer? Dumped in Lake Monona along with that Civil War martyr to emancipation, Colonel Heg?
Blaska’s Botton Line: We’re asking Madison Police Department, elected officials, community and business leaders, the faith community and every Madison resident to condemn Progressive Dane for their tacit and express support of violence in our city. Waiting for you to condemn the killing of a Trump supporter.