Do Democrats even ride Harleys?
Welcome Democrats to Wisconsin in the presidential election year 2020. Missed you in 2016.
You’re bringing your national convention to good ol’ Milwaukee next year.
Our liberal-progressive-socialist acquaintances should thank Scott Walker. He fought to build the new FiServ Forum, which will host the convention. Not holding our breath.
Completed just in time to be home court to the NBA-best Milwaukee Bucks. Team veep Alex Lasry said the convention “is an unprecedented opportunity to put Milwaukee on the international stage like never before.”
The convention, of course, will be powered by hot wind energy.
- The Policy Werkes nominates Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to deliver the keynote address — on economic policy. Non-dairy creamer, coming up!
- Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Damascus will chair the foreign affairs platform committee.
- We’ll hear from Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam on race relations and his lieutenant governor on the #MeToo movement.
- Perhaps Gov. Tony Evers can persuade the party to admit illegal … (Excuse me!) “undocumented” aliens as voting delegates. Of course, they’ll need credentials.
- John Nichols will be Bernie Sanders’ floor manager. “Venezuela casts all 50 of its delegate votes to the next socialist president of …”
- Expect a Tammy for vice president boomlet.
The First Wisconsin skyscraper will be lit up pink just like New York’s One World Trade Center to celebrate late-term abortion. Should be quite a sight.
Milwaukee over Houston and Miami Beach! Free beer for everyone! Who’s buying?
Democrats believe they can wrest our state from the Donald Trump column. Party managers may question whether it wants to continue to position itself as pro-socialist, pro-abortion, anti-semitic, and against self defense. Milwaukee ain’t Madison, Mark Pocan.
Pro-socialist? “The Democrats’ frightening embrace of socialism.”
Pro-abortion? “Why the party of ‘safe, legal and rare’ can no longer bring itself to oppose even infanticide.”
Anti-semitic? “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” — thus sayeth the Democratic Rep from Damascus.
Against self defense? Of a pre-Civil War black emancipation hero: “If he were alive today, he would be a member of the N.R.A. or the National African-American Gun Association. “Can you imagine what would have happened had he not had his guns?” [he] would have left no stone unturned to maintain his defense. In that sense, he is not unlike our law-abiding citizens today who are protecting their constitutional rights.” — in Sunday’s New York Times (of all places).
Blaska’s Bottom Line: Why am I flashing back on Chicago 1968?