Diversity in the Madison Hive means ‘all in favor, fall in line’

Guzzi crash bars

Guzzi engine guard sticks out to protect right cylinder

Spring arrived at the Stately Manor on Friday, which explains the slowdown at the Policy Werkes.

The indentured servants installed crash bars to protect the Squire’s Moto Guzzi and its 90-degree, horizontally opposed twin fire pots. Only took all afternoon and several trips to the hardware store to replace lost bits and pieces, one of which is rattling around atop the engine just out of reach.

The Lovely Lisa installed pansies in the entry planter box here at The Stately Manor, so we are ready for state visits.

A public affair WORT

The white lab coats at the Werkes tuned the Atwater Kent into WORT radio at 89.9 FM Tuesday last week. We found County Board Supervisor Carousel Bayrd hosting “A Public Affair.” (We savaged Ms. Bayrd at “Lighten up, guilty white liberal.”)

crazy-lady

Her guests were three newly elected supervisors: Kelly Danner, Tanya Buckingham, and Steve Peters. (The latter is a staffer for a Democratic state rep, wouldn’t you know.) All members in good standing of the Madison Hive. (Radio tip to hosts: identify your guests periodically during the show to accommodate late tuners-in, pls.)

“Our show is about hope,” Ms. Bayrd began. But not change, it would appear. “Everyone remember that lovely blue wave we enjoyed?” she crowed, in reference to the April 3 Spring election. Her question of the day was “How can we get more people [like her three guests] to follow in their footsteps?”

Numerically, that would be difficult in Dane County. There is maybe one conservative/moderate on the 20-member Madison Common Council, none on the 7-member school board, and just one out of 37 on the Dane County Board. The county’s 13-member delegation to the state legislature is solid Democrat, except for Keith Ripp who resigned to take a job in Scott Walker’s administration.

“Conservatives have all but vanished from the Dane County Board,” Dylan Brogan writes in the current Isthmus. His article is headlined, “And then there was one.” That being Dave Ripp, who is in his 34th year representing the rural area just west of Middleton. A couple others originally elected as conservatives have sucked the Kool Aid.

When yours truly left the board in 2006, conservatives and moderates won the occasional floor debate and controlled the zoning committee. Just seven years ago, a working minority of 10 conservatives influenced policy.

The Squire’s theory is that Walker’s act 10 — necessary though it was — salted the earth in Dane County, home of the lion’s share of public employees, for a generation. The last two conservatives, other than Ripp, were Ronn Ferrell and Mike Willett and all three were originally elected before 2011.

22china-600Diversity, schmersity!

Tuesday on the radio, Ms. Bayrd hits identity politics harder than Rachel Doleazal on the tanning lotion. Poor Mr. Peters swallows hard and docilely echoes the three women’s desire for more women in politics, too. (Just not in his district, we suppose.)

Never on her program was real diversity — that of thought — broached. But, we live in a democracy. Dane County has elected to spend $76 million, for instance, to build a smaller jail in the state’s fastest-growing county. Police are the problem, not the solution. We’re all closet racists because some demographics under-perform. Change the rules, not the behaviors. Got it?

Back in the day, your Squire used to say that the Dane County Board was the sound democracy made. Issues were debated. The roll was called. The Capital Times (“Your Progressive Voice”) condemned that free speech as being “divisive.”

“2 Madison dealers sent to prison,” reads a headline on Page A-4 of today’s WI State Journal. Darnell Brunt was sentenced to nine years in prison, charged after the death of a man last May who died of an overdose of his heroin, laced with fentanyl. Antonio Golden got seven years from the federal judge for dealing crack cocaine and felonious possession of a firearm. The guy was on probation for a fourth felony OWI, pending adjudication on a fifth offense. And that is no joke, Carousel Bayrd.

Blaska’s Bottom Line: More proof, we suppose, for the social justice warriors to condemn school educational resource officers for feeding the “school to prison pipeline.”

This entry was posted in Act 10, Dane County Board, identity politics and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to Diversity in the Madison Hive means ‘all in favor, fall in line’

1. old baldy says:

I’ll ask again; why doesn’t the squire run for office? You are extremely critical of those in office, but don’t seem willing to do any thing about it but whine. Why not run, get elected and show all those liberals how things should be done?

2. old baldy says:

Been elected 4 times for county board, once for town board. In a county that hasn’t voted for a R in my lifetime. As my mother-in-law told me, “If you don’t like what is going on, run for office. Otherwise you have no right to complain”. She spent 30+ years on a county board in western WI.

• old baldy wrote, “Been elected 4 times for county board, once for town board.”

I don’t believe a word of your claim.

• old baldy says:

• old baldy wrote, “You don’t have to. You aren’t one of my constituents, so I don’t give a rats patoot what you think or believe.”

You have absolutely no idea if I’m in the district where you claim to have been on the County Board or run for Town board.

Be honest (if that’s possible) since my opinion differs from yours on many things that’s actually why you don’t give a rats patoot what I think or believe. You’re a typical Progressive.

• AnonyBob says:

Hey, try Zoltan Thinks for a change. If you were actually a resident of Baldy’s turf, you’d know if his claim of being an elected was true or not. Or are you one of those truly ignorant blowhards who never vote?

• AnonyBob,
          You’re an idiot with absolutely no logic.

How the heck can I possibly know who Baldy is or where his turf is, Baldy is not using his real name here. The same thing goes for me and the fact that I’m not using my name.

So IdiotBob, do you have any more stupid things to say?

• AnonyBob says:

You can’t figure out, of your electeds, who he’d be? Clues abound, clueless one.

• Sorry AnnoyBob, I’m not here to be a who’s-who stalker, I respect the chosen anonymity of others, but you go right ahead and feed your pettiness and stalk away to your little hearts content.

• old baldy says:

Bob:
        I know z isn’t a constituent because there aren’t any folks that obnoxious in my district/township. We are good folks up here.

• AnonyBob says:

Zoltan Squeeks! is one harsh dude. Sad!

• If old baldy wonders why I don’t believe a word he wrote above about being on a County Board and a Town Board it’s because he shows us with just about every trolling comment that he posts that he argues with immature argumentation, like a sophomoric school boy, and no sane adult in any Wisconsin community would vote a candidate to lead them that has the mentality of a middle schooler.

Lastly, for old baldy’s claim to have a mother-in-law to be factually true, that means he has/had a wife; tell me, how the heck does a person that represents themself so immaturely land himself a wife? His wifey must be a real doozy.

I just don’t believe any of the claims that old baldy is making, he’s spouting out things like a sophomoric moron on the playground. He’s an internet troll and a partisan hack.

As for AnonyBob, well he’s just an idiot that would vote for the likes of Leon Varjian or today’s blogging candidate equivalent old baldy. He too is an internet troll and a partisan hack.

It appears that AnonyBob and old baldy are flip sides of the same trolling coin, they’re reaching around each others comments, cupping each others dangling rhetoric, and giving each other rhetorical thrills while they thrill themself. They have nothing productive to add to any conversation, all they know how to do is sling deflections, ad hominems, and insults. If you put both of their heads together it’s still unlikely that they’d come up with a complete intelligent thought.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion on the topic of the blog.

@hankdog/old baldy;

“We are good folks up here.”

Including resident Conservatives under that there Big Top?

As part of rural WI, guess how Madison/Dane County residents Lefties see you’s?

No to put too fine a point on it, but probably just like Hopey Changey (whom you’ll recall couldn’t/wouldn’t swing by on a June 2012 trip FROM MN TO IL during a very contentious recall election) did/does.

Or Hillarity, who took you’s so freakin’ for granted that she coudn’t/wouldn’t find you’s on a map.

Or as some have put it far more succinctly: WHAT HAPPENED?

• AnonyBob says:

• AnonyBob wrote, “Zoltar Squeaks! – such anger, such hostility. I worry about your physical and mental health.”

Worry to your hearts content, none of my comment was rooted in anger or hostility.

AnonyBob wrote, “Splat, don’t you think his Liberal Derangement Syndrome is worse than my Trump Derangement Syndrome?”

Now you’re resorting to some kind of “he’s worse than me” rationalization as an ad hominem? Your arguments are Communication Malpractice.

• AnonyBob says:

I love the way you always cite an authority…yourself…when defining terms with Urban Dictionary. Such chutzpah.

• Interesting that AnonyBob “attacks” me for my use of the Urban Dictionary but yet he can’t intelligently refute anything I’ve said from the top of this thread to the bottom.

• old baldy says:

Bob:
        Notice how z squeaky proves my point. And you don’t have to use much bait to catch him/her/it. Keep up the good work.

• old baldy, you’ve made no relevant points for me to prove or disprove, you’re just slinging a bunch of ad hominem rhetoric. You seem to be a climate alarmist type, how about you jump to the bottom of this thread and off some intelligent retort to the information I presented.

Try to remember old baldy that attacking the messenger is not an argument.

• AnonyBob says:

Lots of insults, name-calling and misuse of the word “troll” does not an argument make.

3. Tom Paine says:

Wiser, just to move. Detroit is not coming back. Milwaukee crime is not about to end. Mad city taxes and insanity are not about to change. Crime rate and gunfire will continue to rise. Taxes will trend higher, too, since every libtard solution is more spending, more tax revenue.

Life is finite. Why waste it talking to tree-worshiper’s, global cooling deniers, and restorative justice elitists? By moving, we have a larger, better home, better schools, more friends, cleaner air and water, lower utility bills, less traffic, and no disputes with PoC about their ‘victim’ status. Best of all, we’re saving over $500 per month in RE taxes, alone, compared to Madison. Don’t know about the rest of your readers, Dave, but $500/month is ‘real money.’ At some point, just give concede life in Dane to the commie-socialists and leave.

No doubt, there are folks like DB in Frisco who are trying to reform the insanity of life there,. Same for most other metro areas of crime, drugs, gunfire, and needles. Better Madison – or – better Dane? Seems like just an exercise in self-delusion.

4. dad29 says:

90-degree, horizontally opposed twin fire pots.

Remarkable engineering!! Both 90 degrees AND horizontally opposed!!

Yes, remarkable engineering. The cylinders are 90 degrees apart, as opposed to the Harley Davidson’s 45 degrees, and are horizontally opposed or transverse to the bike as opposed to the Harley, which is in-line. In other words, they stick out the side!

• dad29 says:

Oh. Typically, “horizontally opposed” means VW-like piston alignment, or 180-degrees.

You have a transverse-mounted engine.

• I haven’t ridden a Moto Guzzi since some time in the late ’70’s, one of my friends got a new one then and let me give it a try, I wasn’t a fan. I think part of it was I felt like I was sitting on a dirt bike that had road suspension and other road features I’ve always been a Harley, Triumph, or Gold Wing (in that order) guy. I don’t think I’ve put more than a 100 miles on either of my bikes per year for the last 10 years or so, there are just too many inattentive wackos driving cars now. My last cross country ride was a real eye opener, it’s getting more and more dangerous for motorcyclists.

5. “Issues were debated. The roll was called. The Capital Times (“Your Progressive Voice”) condemned that free speech as being “divisive.””

Any rhetoric presented to oppose Progressive rhetoric is “divisive” but any Progressive rhetoric that is presented to oppose Conservative rhetoric is “enlightened”. Progressives, including that huge pile of stink coming from the Cap Times, are a bunch of double standard wielding political hacks.

Progressives have become a “unified” group of anti-Constitutional sedition separatists.

6. Dave wrote, “The Squire’s theory is that Walker’s act 10 — necessary though it was — salted the earth in Dane County, home of the lion’s share of public employees, for a generation.”

I think you may be surprised at the coming anti-insanity wave that’s coming in Madison and across the USA. The political left is destroying the level of intelligence of their candidates, their constituents, and their sock puppet media with all their anti-Trump and social justice warrior nonsense; there’s going to be a social upheaval to reverse the trend of insanity coming from the political left.

A Madison cousin visited us down here in SC last week. Doing the math says they could sell their house buy the equivalent down here, pocket $75k, pay $900 in yearly taxes, enjoy mountains and beaches and long summers.
    And Baldy how much global warming did you shovel this month?

• old baldy says:

splat:

None. You continue to confuse weather with CC/GW. But I did shovel 31.9″ of CC/GW influenced snow.

• madisonexpat says:

Global warming causes snow? And computer models and projections can’t be wrong. Let’s ask President Hillary.

• madisonexpat,
          You obviously don’t understand how this all works, here let me help you. They take a great big pile of climate projection models that are all incorrect and average them together and call that average fact and settled science. Plus; in the delusional minds of bad science apocalyptic climate science any “weather” that happens is always attributable to climate change no matter what that weather is. Would you like to see a lecture that discusses this incorrect model averaging into settled science?

• Check out 29:14-31:44 of the timeline in the following lecture video. For apocalyptic climate change “scientists” even when you’re models are PROVEN to be wrong they still base their projections on their models. This is the absolute absurdity that the climate change settled science is built upon and is being shoved down everyone’s throat, it’s bad science and I’m using the word “science” rather loosely there.

I’m sure this is all way over the heads of commeters like old baldy and AnonyBob but here is one more link with information to add to the climate change discussion.

• old baldy says:

splat and squeek:

Since you both are hide-bound deniers there isn’t anything I could present that would convince you otherwise. So I would recommend that you take some remedial science classes. UW has several excellent profs that could explain things in language the even you two could understand. Read the text books, don’t chew on the bindings.

squeek: You have put forth that video in the past. All it proves is that you are gullible.

• old baldy wrote, “splat and squeek: Since you both are hide-bound deniers…”

Old Baldy, it’s time for you to put up or shut up.

Prove your claim that I’m a climate change denier by quoting anything that I’ve written where I have I denied that climate change is happening?

It’s time to prove that you’re not a hollow shell airhead and back up your claim with facts.

A person that doesn’t want to be labeled an internet troll would actually strive to prove that they’re not a troll instead of repetitively proving that they are a troll. You should attempt to prove that you’re not a troll by changing your trolling rhetorical patterns.

Troll: Those that post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

• AnonyBob says:

Climate change = less stable, less moderate weather. Higher highs, lower lows. More extremes. More rains, more droughts. Do more reading you guys, and less ideology.

• old baldy says:

“This is the absolute absurdity that the climate change settled science is built upon and is being shoved down everyone’s throat, it’s bad science and I’m using the word “science” rather loosely there.”

This is too easy.

• Talk about someone foolish enough to swallow the bait.

Old Baldy, I knew you swallow the bait and wouldn’t fail to make an absolute fool of yourself and show just how literally ignorant you are.

Your bias has made you stupid. There is absolutely nothing in that statement “denying” that climate change actually exists, it’s stating that the “settled science” is bad. If you had a shred of intellectual honesty you’d read the blog I shared and acknowledge that I’ve never denied climate change exists. You’re going to have to do better than that.

I have never, ever, denied that the climate is changing – never! In fact I have stated outright that the climate is in fact changing and the Earth is slowly warming. The issue is that the science, that the climate alarmists are using about climate change being caused by human activity via CO2 (an unscientific correlation = causation argument), to predict the climate apocalypse is bad science and it’s been proven wrong over and over again with facts and yet the alarmists stick to their bad science predictions based on bad science assumptions to scare the public into submission. It’s unethical lies, bad science, and it’s utter BS.

Here’s a couple of things I wrote in my blog that you’ve conveniently ignored…

“1. The climate is warming.”, “#1 is not debatable, it is reasonable fact! The average temperature has been slowly increasing for roughly the last 100 years, I consider this part to be real settled science – it’s verifiable fact. What differs from opinion to opinion is the amount of the average increase which seems to be based on the data you choose to use to represent your argument. It is reasonably clear that there is a general trend showing a slow increase in average global temperature. This increase shows somewhere between 1.5°F – 2.3°F increase over roughly the last 100 years, that averages out to be between 0.015°F – 0.023°F per year. Using those rates of change per 100 years, it will take somewhere between 43 and 67 years for the temperature to increase another 1°F and that is only if the rate of increase remains relatively consistent. Yes, there will be some lows or the appearance of comparatively no relative change between some cherry picked years and people will use those to argue that it contradicts the overall argument that the Earth is warming, but in reality the larger picture shows the trend regardless of a few anomalies here and there. Accept that the Earth is warming very slowly, this part as reasonable fact.”

…and…

“The only thing that is generally settled science is that in general the earth is slowly warming, the actual amount of warming and the the cause of that warming is nowhere near settled science nor what could reasonably be called a scientific consensus, that is if you want to use real scientific principles that don’t ignore that which proves your arguments false. The fact that these settled science people continuously leave out the facts surrounding the verifiable evidence of a cyclical trend that is 100% natural and the fact that whether human activity might be accelerating that warming is actually unknown and to claim otherwise is BAD SCIENCE, and then to top it off, to imply that those that disagree are some kind of heretic or science deniers is unethical and morally bankrupt.”

…and…

“There is an agenda driving the climate change alarmists and that agenda is to clean up the environment, which happens to be a really good cause, but lying about the reasons why we need to do it to hype up hysteria in the public is morally bankrupt and just bull sh*t. If you want to clean up air pollution then dammit, do it, it will be good for everyone, but don’t spew bad science to try and convince the masses, it makes the whole science argument in favor of cleaning up the environment look like a complete sham.”

No old baldy, I am not a climate change denier, I’m just an honest person that understands that the science is BAD and I’m not willing to LIE to the public at large about why the climate is changing simply to promote an ideological, political, environmental, or socioeconomic agenda.

So in summary old baldy, you have proven that you’re biased, you’re stupid, you’re unethical, and you’re morally bankrupt and these are all good reasons not to believe that you’ve ever been elected to any public office.

Now old baldy, do you want to try again or are you tired of showing off your Salem Witch Trial School of Thought and making a fool of yourself.

@hankdog/old baldy;

“But I did shovel 31.9″ of CC/GW influenced snow.”

Veddy interestink! Close to the total accumulation in Tigerton, WI.

Funniest thing; @hankdog used to talk about his run-ins with the Tigerton/Tigerton Dells Minniecheske Clan @madison.com.

They part of the “good people up here” of whom you speak, or’d there be an asterisk?

• AnonyBob says:

“Salem Witch Trial School of Thought.” As defined by The Ultimate Authority, Zoltar Sqeaks himself!
        Squeaker, you really look silly when you keep doing this.

• old baldy says:

gc:

So wrong in so, so many ways.

• AnonyBob says:

Squeaks: Mr. Elevated Discourse, himself.

• AnonyBob wrote, “Squeaks: Mr. Elevated Discourse, himself.”

(Zoltar’s response is to whip out his overloaded humor rhetorical machine gun and squeeze off a few rounds…)

AnnoyBob: Mr. Truthzeeking Crow Barr posting Fart-In-The-Wind Comments showing us how much of an Umgwana commenter he really is.

Receive this Gotch Academy Participation Certificate as evidence of your valued participation in this discussion.

AnonyBob, You may want to reconsider engaging in discussions when it’s clear that you’re intellectually unarmed and not properly prepared for rhetorical battle.

OB and ABob,
    You have the burden of proof for your theory. Of all the falsehoods, discarded positions and magical thinking around global warming it remains an article of faith.

• AnonyBob says:

I think YOU, and the measly 3% of scientists that dispute the accepted science, have the burden of proof. Your wishful thinking is ideological, not evidence-based.

@AnonyBob;

“the measly 3% of scientists”

3 % of scientists? Hilariously vague, oh, and hysterically disproven.

But, since it would appear yer still imbecilic enough to use the laughably discredited 97 % of, like, you now, EVERYONE, far be it from me to allow you to continue to labor in the quicksand of stupidity without a selflessly gallant effort to educate you.

Which apparently 25 years in the legislature did not.

Anywho; in 2008-09 two academics with impeccable credentials (associate professor P.T. Doran & and grad student Margaret Zimmerman [University of IL/Chicago]) sent an email survey of two questions to 10,257 earth scientists.

3146 (30.67 %) responded. Because of Global Warming they excluded all but 79 (.0077 % of total/.025 % of respondents).

Those questions:
        Q1: “When compared with pre-1800s levels, do you think that mean global temperatures have generally risen, fallen, or remained relatively constant?” 76 of 79 (96.2%) answered “risen.”

Q2: “Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?” 75 of 77 (97.4%) answered “yes.”

Q-1 had .0074 % of total/.024 % of respondents and Q-2 had .0073 % of total/.0238 of respondents.

Soooooo, there’s yer Lefty/Common Core fuzzy-math-derived 97 %.

https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress … _graph.png

[https://www.naturalnews.com/056116_fake … _hoax.html]

Scary huh?

Not exactly.

It gets worse.

The OTHER 97 % Warmalista Alarmacyst meme was courtesy of Dr. John Cook (University of Queensland). He reviewed 11,994 published papers between 1991-2011, the results of which became the infamous, and hilariously debunked 2013 “Cook, et al”

In Cook’s own freakin’ words: “We find that 66.4% of abstracts expressed no position on AGW, 32.6% endorsed AGW, 0.7% rejected AGW and 0.3% were uncertain about the cause of global warming. Among (the 32.6 % of) abstracts expressing a position on AGW, 97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming.” (bolds mine)

Fact: Less than 1/3 of the Cook, et al ”11,994 academic papers studied could be construed as arguing for man-made warming.” Unless yer a TRUE BELIEVER, that is.

Hopey Changey tweeted 05/19/2-013: ”Ninety-seven percent of scientists agree: #climate change is real, man-made and dangerous.”

False, misleading, with intent to deceive. In other words, exactly the approach necessary to hornswoggle the pudding-pated and enough for the spittle-flecked slobbering TRUE BELIEVER tribe!

Brrr!!!

• Seriously; AnonyBob has actually claimed to have spent 25 years in the legislature, ROFLMAO, doing what, a tour guide or maybe cleaning the residual odors out of the legislative restrooms with his feckless toilet brush?

AnonyBob hasn’t shown us the intellectual fortitude to have been anything more than a left over grease spot on the floor of the legislature after being squashed by the intellect of any average Joe. Truly this claim from AnonyBob has to be some kind of faux persona joke trying to elevate his otherwise toothless arguments with a self-validating virtue rationalization, otherwise he’s clearly delusional and needs professional help.

• AnonyBob says:

Guess I should have specified climatologists. Earth scientists would include many different fields.

@AnonyBob;

”Guess I should have specified climatologists.”

Not to worry, the Warmalista Alarmacysts leave all manner of important stuff (read: Inconvenient Truth that doesn’t support Global Warming INC), like disappearing the MWP from the laughably discredited Hockey Schtick, “Mike’s Nature Trick,” and “Hide The Decline.”

“Earth scientists would include many different fields.”

Let not youse heart be troubled, you also omitted noted Global Warming Rock Stars like Fat Albert, Prince Charles, and John Kerry.

Brrr!!!

• old baldy says:

Bob:
        cg is a genetically disposed denier, don’t bother with him. Like blaska has told him in the past, name-calling and insults don’t prove you are right, just verifies the weakness of your argument.

@hankdog/old baldy;

”Like blaska has told him in the past, name-calling and insults don’t prove you are right, just verifies the weakness of your argument.”

You don’t say?

This I don’t recall; just making up $#!T…again?

Sun addlin’ that follically-challenged pate again?

Pope ABob the first thunders “97% of the Scientific Inquisition agrees that the earth does not move! Repent and believe it is settled orthodoxy or be excommunicated from the faith!”
    “It moves” responds GalileoExpat.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )