Lighten up, guilty white liberal

The joke is on you!

Heard that canard about our liberal-progressive-socialist acquaintances having no sense of humor. That canard happens to be true. As proof, we present Carousel Andrea Bayrd, county supervisor from Madison’s West side and aggrieved white liberal. Sees everything through the “lens of racial equity.” (Official policy of the Dane County Board. No kidding! When all you look for is race, race is all you will ever see.) Hostage to identity politics. Scourge of presumptive white privilege. A walking, voting magnet of micro-aggressions.

Madame Bayrd, keep your race card in your wallet; it has been declined for insufficient funds.

Carousel Bayrd

Supervisor Bayrd, have you never caught Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy?

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

[UPDATE] Jeff Simpson says he doesn’t get the reference to Messieurs Pryor, Rock, or Murphy. Shall we help the poor, confused liberal-progressive-socialist to understand? Yeah. O.K. Here is the late, great Richard Pryor. After visiting Arizona state penitentiary, Mr. Pryor exclaims “Thank God we got penitentiaries!”

This entry was posted in identity politics and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Lighten up, guilty white liberal

1. Paula Fitz says:

Most days I can’t believe what I’m hearing; it’s like living in an alternate universe. This is the new face of the Democratic party, and this mentality is one of the reasons that after years of voting Democratic, I’ve started voting for conservatives.

2. Paula Fitz says:

It’s gotten really bad . . .someone mentioned that people were freaking out on Nextdoor because someone used the term “Cowboy” to describe the snow plow people coming through at night. Terms like “criminal” and “thug” are now considered derogatory by some, even when there’s no mention of race. As I said, alternate freaking universe.

3. Scott F says:

The rabbit hole is bottomless…..

4. Tom Paine says:

Doubtful, then, that she read about Sen. Lena Taylor………. https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/featured/common-sense-central/content/2018-04-09-state-sen-lena-taylor-cited-for-disorderly-conduct/ Report says Taylor used a racially charged term that would have resulted in a Death Penalty had she been exercising “white privilege.” Hair on fire; chiggers in the Bali.

5. Terrie Swick says:

Sly had this topic on his Daily “Social Dilemma” show, on WIBA radio today.
    Remember this one? (lol)
    “Rachel Dolezal, white woman who identifies as black, now jobless, may soon be homeless.”
    I don’t understand how this is even an issue… There was no innuendo whatsoever! It was comedy to most of us. Why is an overused race card played with this trivial matter? This is so silly. SMH

Hey Dave,
    That was a three image slideshow!
    I’m sensing a lack of commitment.
    What gives?

7. Maggie says:

So, I guess it’s better to have no humor at all, right? Maybe we can take this a step further and now say that no one can make fun of food because there are starving people out there, or no one can make fun of their homes because there are homeless people. Let’s us just be serious AF forever more so that we make sure that no one is ever insulted or upset about anything that someone laughs about. Yeah, that’s a great solution. We should never laugh again at anything and just be angry and upset at anyone that makes any sort of attempt to make people laugh because someone somewhere could be offended by it. Oh wait, I just made fun of people that don’t have a sense of humor. I’ll go sit in the corner and be angry at myself now….

@Maggie;

“Maybe we can take this a step further and now say that no one can make fun of food because there are starving people out there, or no one can make fun of their homes because there are homeless people”

Oy, THAT tears it! Whaddya bet @AnonyBob & @richard lesiak are working out the logistics on that as we speak?

And Ol’ Baldy. Don’t forget Ol’ Baldy.

Watch it, pal; those posh digs, or “Stately Manor,” you often reference?

Be a shame if they were designated as a microaggression…

Liberals have no sense of humor? How about SNL, Colbert, Kimmel, Baldwin. They are so funny even trump can’t stop tweeting about them.

@richard lesiak;

“Liberals have no sense of humor?”

Bingo; next question?

“They (SNL, Colbert, Kimmel, Baldwin) are so funny even trump can’t stop tweeting about them.”

That’s nothing more than Lefty’s @$$hole A-List.

Another thing I’ve haven’t seen President Trump tweeting about…yet…is the Justice IG criminal referral to federal prosecutors for former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

Funniest thing, the Lefty nets/media haven’t shown too much of an interest either.

Curious, that.

Lost your sense of humor today gotch? A-hole A list? Come on man, your sounding like a right-wing snowflake. McCabe? How does he fit in this narrative? The old gotch bait and switch trick? I haven’t seen much interest from the right about Vos and his wife getting a free trip to England; yet. His buddy from Ohio resigned after a chat with the FBI. Is he next? Have they been here already? You sound pretty well connected, fill us in.

@richard lesiak;

“Lost your sense of humor today gotch?”

When’s the last time you went out of your way to listen to Dennis Miller?

Anywho, THAT should be the least of your concerns. Heck, I bet I laugh more than any five people you know, especially if all five are career Lefties.

”A-hole A list?”

Kinda rolls off’n yer tongue, am I right?

“Come on man, your (sic) sounding like a right-wing snowflake.”

There’s such a thing? Who knew?

I’n not alone with the perception that Lefties have no sense of humor, or a warped one riddled with asterisks at any rate.

Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Carlos Mencia, Maher, Cleese, et al, (all ideologically simpático) seem to share the same observation.

• Paula Fitz says:

Even when I was still voting Democrat, I never found Colbert, Daily Show, and other liberal-bent comedians appealing or funny. I remember watching a Will Ferrell special when W was in office, and it was so disgusting and disrespectful that we had to turn it off. Although I’m sure others found it amusing. Not my kind of humor.

I do think Maher is funny, however.

George Carlin, Richard Pryor. Now THOSE are real comedians. George Carlin was a MASTER at his craft.

“SNL, Colbert, Kimmel, Baldwin. They are so funny even trump can’t stop tweeting about them.”

• old baldy says:

I wasn’t going to participate in this ridiculous cluster, but thanks for thinking of me, davey.

Our progressive white friends are silent because once they made everything RAY-cist, nothing is.

Hey Paula,
    I have a rescue dog named Cowboy. That was his name at the Animal Shelter and I never changed it. Now I am wondering if that was politically incorrect and I have been unwittingly offending Cowboys all these years. Not something I want because I like Cowboys, their lifestyle, and think they do a fine job.
    I guess I could have changed his name to cowpuncher to indicate my sensitivity…
    Oh wait; that could be interpreted as disrespecting cows and Cowboys, not good.
    I think I will just wait for the new language manual to come out that will inform as to what one can and cannot say.

• Paula Fitz says:

You and I think nothing of it, but sad statement is, there are people who would be offended by your dog’s name. The language manual need to be updated like every hour. Alternate universe.

10. jeffsimpson7 says:

at great risk to my eyes and sanity, I have read this a few times and can not figure out what Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy have to do with anything,

Next thing you know, a comedy writer will post a quick tweet about the Donalds son and the right wing will go on the attack….naw that would never happen they have way too much fo a sense of humor and dont get offended at jokes.

They are in there as filler. Write 10 simple sentences, toss in a shot of a facebook page, a couple of pics and bingo. Off to the internet.

11. richard lesiak says:

Barbara Bush….RIP. She had a great sense of humor.

12. Pingback: Diversity in the Madison Hive means ‘all in favor, fall in line’ | Stately Blaska Manor

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w