Woke sheriff is calling inmates ‘residents’

‘Inmates’ is too judgmental!

Call us dumbfounded! (Does anyone care?)

Dane County’s sheriff revealed what a dumb ass he is. Only three months in office, Sheriff Kalvin Barrett called a full-fledged press conference this morning. Had he solved a crime? No! He was kowtowing to Madison’s Woke progressives and he was proud of it. Sheriff Barrett announced this morning:

“We will no longer refer to our incarcerated
community members as ‘inmates.’
Their new title will be ‘resident(s)
or ‘those within our care.’ “

Barrett said the word “inmate” was outdated and dehumanizing. What do you want? The guy was appointed by Gov. One-Term Tony Evers.

Joining the sheriff at his Woke epiphany were Dane County Board Chair Analiese Eicher, Supervisor Maureen McCarville, and State Rep. Shelia Stubbs, D-Madison.

Residence Inn by Marriott
What? No mint on the pillow?

Peace, brother

“I view this change in name as a way to humanize those who are within our care,” Barrett said. “As we take part in this transition, I want us to keep in mind our Sheriff’s Office philosophy and understanding of the importance of titles, such as ‘peace officers‘ instead of ‘law enforcement officers’.”

“The Dane County Sheriff’s Office is a national leader in appropriate progressive reform, and many follow our lead,” Barrett crowed.

Blaska’s Bottom Line: The word ‘inmate’ is supposed to be pejorative! The sheriff would be lucky if Madison progressives called his deputies “law enforcement officers” instead of those animals that make bacon.

What would YOU call all of this?

This entry was posted in Crime, Progressives, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Woke sheriff is calling inmates ‘residents’

1. Liberty says:

We also have officers at the Madison Police Dept., including those in command posts who know better, but still grovel and play politics with the badge. Pathetic.

• walter says:

I’m glad the state has the ability to act to prevent such violence before it is too late, even as these officers attempt to calm the situation down.

The Madison Police Dept. is committed to enforcing an understanding that police communities want to remain safe and productive but should also not be able to stand alone anymore: I’m not happy just seeing a public service announcement about “disruptive activity”, but also a report on “an increasing number” of “hate crimes,” and a report showing recent arrests for “violent disorder” and “homophobic, religious or other hate speech,” both of which warrant greater scrutiny. Police should ensure that all communities respect First Amendment rights and respect police authority.

And the State Council should call for an independent “consultation” of the Dane County Attorney’s office (for more information please see this link). This calls for a full investigation into such hate crimes, and a thorough national investigation.

At the moment, there’s no clear idea how bad a situation this is for our culture and our state, but I’d be extremely hesitant to change policy because of the potential negative impact, which are obvious and not acceptable to the average Dane County resident, because of our own history as a community with hate.

2. AdamC says:

“Good afternoon, sir. Your private quarters are prepared for your residency for the next two weeks, at the kind request of the Justice of the Peace. We are offering you this matching set of Ralph Loren polo restraints. May I outfit you in them prior to our exclusive team of peace officers accompanying you to your secure private quarters? I remain humbly at your service, Sir!”

3. George Mitchell says:

Spoof, right?

4. Mr. Forward says:

I like it. Compassionate release Resident is only one step from an extended benefit secured Tenant. Then we can focus on our real criminal class, landlords and the unvaccinated.

• Gary L. Kriewald says:

What would the sheriff call the drive-by shooter who took out a high school kid in the shadow of Camp Randall? Talk about unmet needs. Or in Madison’s case, just deserts.

• AdamC says:

Sheriff Marriott just announced that “alleged murderer” is no longer permitted. The proper term is “VIP guest”.

Any Dane County employee found in violation of this new policy will be “strongly encouraged to kindly conclude employment arrangements with the County”.

5. Gary L. Kriewald says:

It should be clear by now that Madison progressives believe that if they just re-name everything to their liking, the fantasy world they dream of living in will magically appear.

6. One eye says:

I found channel 3’s headline odd:

“Dane Co. Sheriff’s Office to end use of word ‘inmate’ when referring to incarcerated folks”

folks????

7. georgessson says:

Monday News Update by leader of county Peace Officers Kalvin Barret:

Recent court case: A “He/They” was found “Not Really Guilty But Sort Of” after being in the care of the Dane County Jail for “Exceeding the Limits of Civilized Behavior”. He/They had interrupted the life of Antwoin LeGrande by ventilating he/they with multiple cavities using a fairly-sharp kitchen/hunting utensil. Previously, he had many requests from Officers of the Peace to enjoy their hospitality at the Dane County Jail, including using “powder activated missiles” during several sincere pleas to relieve citizens of personal property and certificates of monetary exchange in late evening encounters. They desired that he/they reside with them for “21st Degree Thoughtless Unsafety”.

On a sad yet encouraging note, Saturday a 17 year old HS student passed away peacefully at a local hospital under the care of local Peace Officers and medical technicians. While celebrating on Lathrop Street, the teen ingested multiple “powder activated missiles”, and the source is unknown at this time…

8. georgessson says:

Yep, Squire, ya nailed it -He’s a Dumbass… But that illustrious & well-documented gridiron career also boggles one’s mind:

Kalvin Barret Biography – ESPN

Position: Defensive Lineman
    Birthplace: Spring Valley, CA
    Wisconsin Badgers 2004 (1 Season)

9. pANTIFArts says:

Hey, call them “Honored Guests”, I don’t care, (as long as it is said in a mocking and satirical way). What they are called is not the problem. “The Problem” would be the number of “guests” that are permitted “early check-outs” and allowed to skip on their bills.

• A Voice in the Wilderness says:

For some reason I am reminded of O.J. Simpson who, denied bail and on trial for the murders of his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman, was reported to have said, “I would prefer to not return to my cell.”

Of course, dear. Would you like tea or coffee with those waffles?

10. jimydandy says:

Will there be waffles in the morning?

11. Bill says:

Isn’t sad. I loved it when there were a set of consequences to every action; wether good or bad, you got what you had coming by your own actions.

I might have come close, but I never did anything that required me to end up in jail. Now that I’m a lot older I am sorry for those actions. I have spent a long time helping other people help themselves. It doesn’t pay any money but it sure does make me feel like a complete human being.

I want to be like the image of God! To be a positive light in the universe! To do good for others, that is what I want to do.

I have had medical conditions thrust upon me that have made me aware of my own fragility. As the refrain from the song says, “In the end it comes with the blink of an eye”.

Yes it does! I’ve been there, done that!

Time to make up your mind of wether or not your believe in Jesus Christ or not!

If you do; Pray to Him real, real, hard that He accepts the confessions for your sins and forgives you for your sins of the past.

I love you. I love you all. I want only for you to be in Heaven with me and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. That is what I want.

12. This is all nucking futs!