Confronting whiteness

Are you successful? Work hard?

Sorry, but you may be white.

It is a warning sign of how pathological the American left’s obsession with race has become. The National Museum of African American History and Culture (one of the Smithsonian museums!) issued a handy dandy chart (suitable for posting on the kitchen fridge) detailing that insidious curse: Whiteness. Today, the museum retracted the chart, which we reproduce here nonetheless  Their semi-apology may indicate that the pendulum is swinging back to jabbering-in-the road crazy from bouncing-off-the-walls insane. Their statement:

whiteculture_info_1

Who is stereotyping whom?

[The National Museum of African American History and Culture] recently unveiled Talking About Race,” an online portal providing research, studies, and other academic materials from the fields of history, education, psychology, and human development. Our goal in doing so was to contribute to a discussion on this vitally important subject that millions of Americans are grappling with.

Since yesterday, certain content in the “Talking About Race” portal has been the subject of questions that we have taken seriously. We have listened to public sentiment and have removed a chart [shown above] that does not contribute to the productive discussion we had intended. …

White Privilege

Since white people in America hold most of the political, institutional, and economic power, they receive advantages that nonwhite groups do not. These benefits and advantages, of varying degrees, are known as white privilege. For many white people, this can be hard to hear, understand, or accept – but it is true. If you are white in America, you have benefited from the color of your skin.

Confronting Whiteness

happyavatar

Identifies as white

If you identify as white, acknowledging your white racial identity and its privileges is a crucial step to help end racismFacing your whiteness is hard and can result in feelings of guilt, sadness, confusion, defensiveness, or fear.

Dr. Robin DiAngelo coined the term white fragility to describe these feelings as “a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves.” Since white people “live in a social environment that insulates them from race-based stress,” whites are rarely challenged and have less of a tolerance to race-based stress.”

As for Blaska (not to be overly polite), he identifies as tired of this identity politics B.S., if you’ll pardon our Anglo-Saxon English. If the Smithsonian is saying Blacks do NOT believe in hard work are they then affirming the worst of the KKK’s stereotypes?

Now let’s bust one of THEIR stereotypes: No meat and potatoes today at the Stately Manor; it’s Friday fish fry.

Are YOU now or have you ever identified as white?

This entry was posted in George Floyd riots, identity politics, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Confronting whiteness

1. WashCoRepub says:

From their Web site today:

“Whiteness (and its accepted normality) also exist as everyday microaggressions toward people of color. Acts of microaggressions include verbal, nonverbal, and environmental slights, snubs or insults toward nonwhites. Whether intentional or not, these attitudes communicate hostile, derogatory, or harmful messages.”

So basically existing as a white person. Gotcha. We’re really moving fast towards Dr. King’s ideals and vision of America, aren’t we?

• Gary Kriewald says:

I don’t know about you, but I’ve suffered my share of “slights, snubs, [and] insults” but don’t have the luxury of attributing them to my race. It kinda comes with being alive in the world where not everyone thinks as highly of you as your parents do. As for “microaggressions,” (one of the most loathsome neologisms of the multitude invented by the left to promote their toxic agenda), it’s hard to get through a normal day without encounteriing a slew of them–again as the result of being alive in a world of others who inexplicably fail to acknowledge the unalloyed wonderfulness that is you.

I find it odd that the list of “white” qualities includes “Emphasis on Scientific Method.” Aren’t liberals forever crowing about their devotion to Science? Maybe they should give up on all those experiments, bid farewell to Dr. Fauci, and just consult the local voodoo priest. As for white aesthetics being “based on European culture,” take a stroll through the Louvre and ask yourself if that’s such a bad thing. (I’m waiting to see how long it will take for the Chazenn to be emptied of its racially tainted contents to make way for something more diverse–those plywood masterpieces adorning State Street, perhaps?)

If the Democrats take power, be prepared for an avalance of this sort of hateful nonsense–and no one will be apologizing, even half-heartedly.

• pANTIFArts says:

DISCLAIMER – I can not imagine the tremendous pain and suffering that my words have caused. I will try to use this as an opportunity for introspection and learning. Just know that this is NOT who I a….. (blah blah blah ) — GREAT POST ! ” It kinda comes with being alive in the world where not everyone thinks as highly of you as your parents do” EXACTLY !

2. Larsen E. Whipsnade says:

What is the point of the poster? It can’t possibly be a criticism of anyone who aspires to a 1st world environment, can it? Are the characteristics listed intended to serve as a goal for all people?

• Andrea Walton says:

The poster has a hidden agenda. It’s not really about “White Culture”. Rather, it’s a list (for the most part) of CONSERVATIVE VALUES. But if you call them “White Culture” instead, you can instantly demonize and marginalize conservative values without having to debate the wisdom of those values or those who practice them.

What does Lefty do when the LaLaLoopyLoonyLeftyLand Train careens off’n the tracks?

They step on the accelerator!

Ah Lefty; so MUCH crippling ignominy, so little time!

4. Mary says:

Great series of articles on the leftist identity politics stuff, David! I’m also tired of it.

I’m sick and tired of hearing about how terrible I am because of my skin color. It’s racist and as despicable as the racism against Black people. In this case, WE’RE PAYING TO BE DEMEANED.

This stuff is being taught in our schools. What concerns me is that we have a generation of young white people being taught to hate themselves and a generation of young black people being taught to think it’s acceptable. Tell me, how different is this than racism against Blacks, which is disgusting and immoral?

The values mentioned on this chart, emphasis on scientific method, time, religion are “white” values and are considered bad things? How demeaning and regressive for all Americans. If the so-called “Silent Majority” doesn’t speak up and vote anarchists out of office, we’re all in trouble.

• Mary says:

Not certain if this is more demeaning to white or black people. Are they saying blacks aren’t punctual, objective, hard workers, and so on? Isn’t THAT racist?

This is upsetting on different levels. And this is coming from the SMITHSONIAN!!!

“Not certain if this is more demeaning to white or black people.”

Its sole intention for White people is to make them feel guilty, ergo, (IMO) definitely to Black people.

Many of those items are principles that foster life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, wealth-building, and success.

The result of ignoring them would only bring about the opposite; the Smithsonian, intentionally and insidiously, wants Black people and other minorities docile, controllable, predictable, and forever dependent!

5. South of Reality says:

So they’re not retracting it, they’re just removing it.

IE “everything on that chart is true, it just makes us look bad to say it.”

6. georgeorwell says:

I’m trying to imagine this chart listing the opposite of these positive traits, but called Black Culture In The United States. I’m gonna guess it would not be received too well.

7. I used to identify as “White” because that was an inherited concept, like many others, with which we are imprinted. No longer. And I would suggest doing the same – reject the language of Babylon.

“White” is a lie. Just like “Judeo-Christian” is a lie. Just like “Racism” is a lie. These were all invented in the last century, along with the now fully fictionalized KKK (originally founded to police carpetbaggers, not melanin levels). As with much of our post-industrial history, lies abound in the service of the powerful.

Just go look up this organization and view its founding donors. The usual suspects. Gates Foundation, Fortune 500, etc. etc…

8. I will resist the temptation to make a retort to the Whiteness Chart, since it would get me arrested. But I loved the title of this book.

“White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism”

What he means is “admit to” not “talk about.”

9. You are very fast to have captured that image before they took it down. It’s pretty egregious. I didn’t realize all that about myself. 🙂

10. Balboa says:

Here is the answer just be an equal opportunity hate monger, hate everyone equally so that you cannot be called discriminatory towards anyone. I thought that stereotyping groups was bad, that chart is a total bunch of crap. This is complete and total scam. When my daughter finally has to go to the public high school, if they force this shit on her I will put the biggest stink. I will tell my daughter it is ok to fail or get a barely passing grade in that course of subject because I do not want her wasting her time on that crap.

We will read Orwell “Animal Farm” and “1984” instead together.

BLM, Freedom Inc, all use many of these exact statement, synonomously in there manifestos. Total and complete joke.

And I agree.. Fish Fry Friday… Dave you got me hungry for one tonight. I will be ordering one to go tonight! Vinegar or Creamy Coleslaw preference?

11. georgessson says:

The solution? Mass White Suicide ? B/C seems like we’re un-stoppingly (old/new systemic racism) “bad to the bone”. Great thought! Think I’ll re-read this smilin’ smugly w/ a little George Thorogood background. I enjoy the fruits of working hard and long, no matter what….

Pitching VictimHoodie to the drooling, feral, sloppy fat, endomorphic, gimmee gimmee, sponging, generationally dependent slug Lefty base?

C’mon, convincing losers that losing isn’t their fault is as easy as easy could be.

The inimitable Dr. Thomas Sowell effortlessly NAILS IT with his seminal Seductive Beliefs I and Seductive Beliefs II!

Just FYI:
    Satya’s minions monitor this site in part out of morbid curiosity and also as a defensive maneuver and apparently the big lady is none to pleased with what her groupies relayed to her. My informant tells Batman that the big boss feels she is being very unfairly characterized on this site and is looking into how to cancel Dave altogether.

#notmymayor

“My informant tells Batman that the big boss feels she is being very unfairly characterized on this site and is looking into how to cancel Dave altogether.” (bolds/italics mine)

The, and The Gotch quotes, BIG LADY wants to cancel The Squire?

BBBWWAWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA (gasp/snort/wheeze/puff puff) BBBWWAWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAABBBWWAWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

13. Good Dog,Happy Man says:

Most regular, normal Americans don’t think any more about the color of one’s epidermis than the color of the floor they’re standing on. Most regular, normal Americans hae learned to judge each other by th content of their character. Lefties would be welcome to join us Conservatives in a post-racial America just as soon as they knock off that big entitlement chip from their shoulders and remove those stylin’ victimhoodies.

Preach on DogMan-

Vociferous and violent radical leftys are trying mightily to convince mainstream Americans their twilight zone reality exists except they truly are delusional just like MSLSD and CNN.
      The VAST majority of people want nothing to do with these loser anarchist a-holes and get along with all kinds of people just fine. Notice how they must resort to violence to persuade because they lack the truth and the cognitive ability to convince with their ideas. A buddy of mine recently remarked they belong in his wood chipper. Seems a bit drastic but he was frustrated.

14. Robski says:

I’ve been persecuted my whole life because of my last name (the color). Black, White and Bi-racial classmates would subject me to such macro aggressions as “ the whitest mofo” and my personal fav “ultra honkey” To this day I’m considering changing my name to Roberto Blanco just to gain a little anonymity. It’s not all bad though, Mrs. Blanco made some awesome sirloins last night, we deleted the taters for veggies and pho. We are cultured at the Blanco house.

MUST SEE Larry Elder:

Rich Black Talking Heads Who Say America Is Keeping Black People Down.

The staggering hypocrisy of 8 figure net worth/7 figure salaried Black Lefties telling other Black people they can’t make it because of RAYcism.

16. georgessson says:

I used to enjoy & subscribe to the Smithsonian, and sent gift subscriptions to my kids. I was proud I could afford to do that. Then month after month they proselytized for more and more social causes, until it infected most every article. That was many years ago, and now almost every publication/magazine is activist and has an agenda. And, Yes ! The Squire has an agenda, too -Common sense….

17. Andrea Walton says:

I think there is a hidden agenda behind the poster. It’s not really about “White Culture” at all. For the most part, the poster is a list of CONSERVATIVE VALUES. But if you label those values “White Culture” instead, you can instantly demonize and marginalize conservative values without having to debate anybody about them.

18. Dejohnaise says:

The poster sums it up well for me. I like it! Now call me what you will.