Well that tears it!

Trump’s State of Union speech rips Democrats to shreds!

Mike Pence had the best line:
“I thought she was tearing up the Constitution.”

As entertainment, President Trump’s State of the Union address Tuesday night (02-04-2020) was a Reality TV smash hit.

Any time you get Nancy Pelosi to rip up the printed copy of your speech and turn it into confetti you know you’ve hit a nice fresh nerve.

Talking heads in the Resistance news media are praising the lady’s petulance. CNN’s Brian Steltzer says “It was unprecedented behavior for a speaker, aggressively rude and unapologetically meant to rile up her base. It was divisive, but effective.”

Really? Mighty weak tea compared to the President’s complete disassembly of the socialist party.

One example: Would any of the Bushes have bestowed the Medal of Freedom to the mortally ill Rush Limbaugh? Too divisive. Well, boo freaking hoo. Trump did it in real time, with Melania doing the honors.

Tuskeegee airman

Saluting a racist President? Wot?

Republican heroes, not Democrat(ic) victims

It is said that Reagan started the practice of pointing to heroes in the gallery. Trump went him one better. His heroes got something from the President. Limbaugh his medal, medical assistance for another daughter, the surprise return of an active-duty soldier to his family in the visitors gallery. He even bestowed the rank of brigadier general for a 100-year-old Tuskegee airman who looks like he could still take one up into the wild blue yonder. (This President is such a racist!)

The president relived his high-profile foreign policy wins. Killed the terrorist al-Baghdadi — introduced the parents of 26-year-old Kayla Mueller, whom the bastard ultimately killed after holding her as a slave. They displayed her photograph. And introduced the tearful wife and 13-year-old son (struggling to keep a stiff upper lip) of a soldier killed by one of Qassim Suleimani’s roadside bombs.  Guess what? No World War 3!

Gave a shout-out to law enforcement — do Democrats running for president EVER praise cops? He mentioned I.C.E. by name, then introduced the brother of a citizen slaughtered by an illegal. Didn’t hurt that the surviving brother teared up nicely.

Comment, respond, what do you thinkTrump enraged liberals by calling for legislation allowing citizens harmed by illegal immigrants to sue sanctuary cities and states. “Tragically, there are many cities in America where radical politicians have chosen to provide sanctuary for these criminal illegal aliens.”

Took aim at the teachers union lobby by promoting the Education Freedom Scholarships and Opportunities Act — “because no parent should be forced to send their child to a failing school.” Introduced one such child and gave her a scholarship. Let’s see how many Democrats stand in her way at the schoolhouse door.

No American Venezuela!

Trump denounced the Warren/Bernie plan for “the socialist takeover of our health care system” depriving 180 million people of their private insurance. If you didn’t get the point, Trump introduces the shadow president of Venezuela fighting Maduro’s socialism.

“If forcing American taxpayers to provide unlimited free health care to illegal aliens sounds fair to you, then stand with the radical left. But if you believe that we should defend American patients and American seniors, then stand with me and pass legislation to prohibit free government health care for illegal aliens!”

• The Republican Senate has confirmed scores of originalist federal judges and there’s more in the pipeline, Trump helpfully postscripted.
  • Defended the Second Amendment.
  • Promoted “the constitutional right to pray in public schools. In America, we don’t punish prayer.”
  • Asked for a ban on late-term abortion.

This is a conservative agenda that would have pleased Reagan. (Here’s the transcript.)

It’s the economy, Democrats

economy graphIs the economy winning? Democrats have embarked on a fool’s errand trying to say otherwise.

• 7 million new jobs.
  • Since November 2016, the net worth of the bottom half of wage earners has increased by 47 percent — three times faster than the increase for the top 1 percent.
  • The stock market is up 70% since his election.
  • The nation is energy independent.
  • The unemployment rate for African-Americans, Hispanics and Asians are the lowest levels in history. (Democrats sat on their hands.)
  • Instead of adding 10 million dependents to food stamps under Obama, 10 million people have been lifted off of welfare. Democrats remained stone faced.

Trump is riding high

The Iowa Democrat(ic) caucuses were a disaster — the party couldn’t organize a two-car funeral procession. Later today (02-05-2020) Trump will be acquitted in the Senate impeachment trial, which has been a big dud. (Was there a sorrier TV image than the House impeachment managers seated together and scowling?) Joni Ernst was correct: Joe Biden was impeachment’s big loser. (Prediction: New Hampshire will finish his candidacy.)

The Gallup poll has Trump at the highest approval rating of his presidency at 49%.

A record 59% say they’re better off financially than one year ago, and another 74% say they’ll be better off financially one year from now. These are the highest figures ever reported Gallup has ever reported in 43 years.

Blaska’s Bottom LineNot once did the President reference — even obliquely — Pelosi’s failed impeachment gambit. Didn’t need to. Still got under her skin. Success is the best revenge.

What do YOU think?

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2020, Impeachment, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

98 Responses to Well that tears it!

1. dad29 says:

Foodie self-deludes, uses big words and $10.00 language to deride Limbaugh as a “liar.”

Ho-hum.

So what, Foodie? Let’s face it: your little tin goddess Nancy has derogated the impeachment clause to her own level: the Mean Girls’ Club nastygram-and-gossip contest.

And y’all lost, suckah!!

Hope you enjoy the ride down that slippery slope, because you and all your pals are going to hit rock bottom.

By the way………nobody cares if Limbaugh lied. He more than deserves the Medal of Freedom.

PS: I was addressing the blog-proprietor about the “medal” confusion. Believe it or not, this is NOT all about you, Nancy.

• FoodForThought says:

When did I ever say I was a fan of Pelosi? I’m not, never have been, and in fact criticized her too in my previous comments.
      Of course the GOP couldn’t just take the win after her tantrum though and now snowflake Matt Gaetz is calling for a formal ethics inquiry, Charlie Kirk claims it was illegal, and Pence clutches his pearls about the “culture of disrespect”, which, when you work for Trump is the richest hypocrisy.

And I’m guessing the people he’s lied about care a great deal. It’s pretty disturbing how you’re willing to completely overlook that, though at least you admit his falsehoods now. In effect though actually it’s worse because now you admit you know he was wrong, but just that it doesn’t matter to you. You’re just like Trump, when caught in a lie deny it and deflect, or when finally cornered just say it doesn’t matter. And you wonder why people criticize the false high-and-mighty ethics of the right?

P.S. Thanks for the clarification mom.

• madisonexpat says:

Tell us the lie you allege Rush Limbaugh spoke.
        And coming from you is too funny. Sorta like being called inconsiderate by Harvey Weensteen.

• FoodForThought says:

Are you kidding me? I listed many of his lies out itemized in my initial comments, provided a link in another, and mentioned multiple others in nearly every comment I’ve made. How about you make a modicum of effort?
          Second, what is funny coming from me and why? You’ll need to be more specific.

• madisonexpat says:

It means you repeat lies about Rush Limbaugh then assert they are facts because they’ve been repeated by liars. It means liars always doubt everyone else. It means a thief is the first to holler ‘I’ve been robbed.’ It’s quite the Dems trend now. WaPo has counted 16,452.5 lies the president has told (WaPo!).
          ABob and the rest of the batshit crazy Left has parsed the president’s post Charlottesville comments into believing he likes Nazis. Nazis I tell ya! Brett Kavanaugh, Russia! etc.
          That you or fellow TDS sufferers call anyone a liar is great irony.
          So allow me to rephrase.
          You calling someone else a liar is like Harvey Weensteen saying ‘Yeah but except for that I’m a great date.’

2. Balboa says:

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. how many times was that repeated. Biggest lie so far this century in US politics. oh yeah Benghazi attack was caused because some 2-bit YouTube video. How many times was that repeated. Political folks lie constantly and mistakes constantly, statements are taken out of context constantly and misconstrued on a daily basis. But the fact that,
    Rush Limbaugh, is 1 part showman and 1 part political mouthpiece revolutionized a radio format that many have followed in his foot steps to success and failures. His books and children’s books have been lauded. His short lived television show was Greg Gutfield on steroids long before his time. He gives million and millions of dollars in charity that he does not talk about as it should be. He earned the highest Civilian award, to say he spreads lies everyday on the radio is plain and simple just not factual. Some of these statements may be purposely done to get attention or for entertainment purposes. He also speaks the truth, and in this day and age where telling it like it is may not be politically correct. The truth can hurt feelings. But not being politically correct does not make one a bully or hateful.

He also outlines current events and provides a conservative viewpoint for 3 decades. Something that was completely lacking in society to the masses when he started his show. I get it you don’t like conservatism. It is your opinion that Limbaugh didn’t deserve the greatest participation trophy the president can give out to a citizen. It is my opinion that it is no big deal that he received it. It is a difference in opinion.

Personally any award that is not the Medal of Honor, really has no meaning to me I would have been more impressed if Trump had given the Brigadier General of the Tuskegee Airmen a Medial of Honor during the speech because what most of our servicemen and women have done for society deserves far greater recognition.

Some the most successful people have also been some of the most flawed humans. Rush Limbaugh is a flawed person but that does not take away his achievement.

Now go get you shinebox

• FoodForThought says:

Lol, for “entertainment purposes”. What a great catch-all excuse. Yeah, I’m sure that’s what he meant when he said Obama was mandating circumcisions and minimized Native American genocide.
      I agree with you that he revolutionized radio, but it’s unquestionably been for the worse and revolting we’d honor the person who has done so. He has cultivated and now proliferates a culture that devalues the truth in favor of false absolutism and knee-jerk reactions over reasoned discussion and attention to details.
      Reagan repealing the fairness doctrine was one of the most damaging things that’s been done to our culture in my lifetime.
      And again words have been put in my mouth, I never said I don’t like conservatism nor that he lies every day. I don’t like the habits of bumper sticker politics, viewing apologies as weakness, and promoting gross misrepresentation passed off as “entertainment” that he has spearheaded. The left engages in this too and I fault them as well, but Rush is one of the pioneers and worst offenders. He does little more than simply assuage, stoke, and bolster the pre-conceived biases of his right-wing fans, rarely if ever challenging their assumptions even when false.
      And it may be my opinion he doesn’t deserve the aware, it is not my opinion he spreads faleshoods.

Demonizing a man with stage 4 lung cancer is disgraceful, and bad karma.

4. George's son says:

While I no longer listen to Rush, too strident the last 15 years, from the Get-Go (early 90’s) he described himself an entertainer. He never claimed anymore than that. And in that role he’s been uber successful. I think before TDS, there was Rush derangement. How petty to dismiss his accomplishments.

5. BALBOA says:

There you go again. Wrong on so many levels. When are u bringing me nachos. Unfairness doctrine lol right. Please.

• FoodForThought says:

And there you go again continually demonstrating your lack of any actual argument or intellectual acumen, simply trying to shrug away the work of explaining your positions or even attempting to argue against mine because you’re seem too lazy to put in the effort.

• Balboa says:

Cannot argue with opinion and to someone that never has listened to his show on a routine basis. I get it you don’t like him or his show. On the flip side of things the unfairness doctrine allowed for 92% of the reporting, commentator and articles to be negative and allows the media to quote anonymous sources constantly and award these outlets top honors for spewing incomplete narratives and\or falsehoods. Without the nary of repercussions, because it is protected by the 1st amendment. I would have to say the AP is so complicit in their goal of creating the news instead of just reporting all the facts on all sides. Pretty sure this has been going for way longer than the removal of the fairness doctrine. I am going to shrug away because again in my opinion I have no problem with the award. you do, you have stated some reasons why he should not get. Here’s the kicker “it’s not that I am lazy it’s, it is that I just don’t care to try and change your opinion and view on things.

He was awarded the medal. big frickin whoop! oh my god, it affects our breathing how. Changes nothing in my or your life.

• FoodForThought says:

Yet you cared enough to tell me I was “wrong on so many levels” yet not to explain why, just demand I bring you nachos like the cool-cat you must be. But genuinely, thanks for doing so now. All the reasons you state sound to me like great reasons for bringing the fairness doctrine back.
          And it doesn’t imminently directly change our lives, but the point is rewarding the behavior he exhibits making brash claims with flimsy backing, implicilty encourages more such behavior which could/would affect our lives, and again which in my view is a bad thing.

FoodforLiars. You weasel behind “I never said….” You are defending yourself against charges never made. This is usually a pretty good tell of a guilty conscience.
    If you “never said you dislike conservatism” let me be the first to state that conservatism sure as hell don’t like you!

• FoodForThought says:

Well that’s a certifiable straight up lie. Balboa charged me with exactly that stating, “I get it you don’t like conservatism” and I was responding directly to him. So please, again, list a single untruthful thing I’ve said. I listed lies by Rush, not about Rush, or do you think Obama really did mandate circumcisions?

7. dad29 says:

The Medal of Freedom is supposed to be reserved for, “an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors”.

Like Lorne Michaels, eh?

Foodie: your search for a Snow White politician will be frustrating. Perhaps you should try something a bit more likely to succeed, like finding raccoon scat in the North Woods.

Actual men who have actual common sense understand the term “entertainment.” They also understand that politics is war without deadly weapons. See, e.g., Von Klausewitz. So man up–or pull up your skirts and run away.

• FoodForThought says:

Rush is no politician. And while Lorne Michaels and SNL may not be everyone’s cup of tea (in fact I too get annoyed with their over the top Trump bashing at times), and he like Rush has certainly left a strong imprint on US culture, unlike Rush SNL hasn’t helped to debase the political discourse in our society into nothing more than sound-bite attacks and what-about-ism deflection.
      And of course no politician, or person, is flawless, but there are certainly degrees of quality and the right’s continual self-righteousness about their principles of virtue and honesty, all the while propping up people who routinely disregard those same principles (and in the case of Rush it’s has de-facto calling card) is too much to bear. So many have undercut their own credibility so thoroughly it’s become an embarrassment, racing with so many reactionaries on the left toward the bottom of the ethical barrel.
      Look no further than the vacuous responses on this very blog – ad-hominem attacks on me rather than the content of what I say, or deflections listing wrongdoing by Democrats rather than acknowledging the double-standards overlooked and celebrated by the so-called party of personal responsibility. People like Rush have helped instigate and popularize this culture of false black-and-whites that continues to degrade our nation.

• madisonexpat says:

Yet more accusing others of your own sins FfL. You post hearsay falsehoods that immediately harden into what you believe to be “facts.”
        Fact is you’re nothing more than a sophist who must be disdainful of “black-and-whites” because clarity, like brevity and honesty offend you.

• FoodForThought says:

hahaha, so that’s what Trump and Rush peddle in? Honesty and brevity? That has to be the biggest euphemistic excuse for their over-generalizations and tweets I’ve heard in some time.
          The fact is people like Rush and Trump (and the counterparts on the far left) gain followers because they use simplistic language and broad brushes that get people riled up easily but do a giant disservice by painting over the varied reality of the issues at hand. They diminish intellectual curiosity and the search for the truth.
          And yet again you still haven’t pointed out a single lie I’ve supposedly told, you just keep saying I lie without giving examples, even when caught lying about me and my quote about conservatism. I’ve posted direct quotes, not hearsay.

• dad29 says:

So the most famous SNL line: “Jane, you ignorant slut!!” is not a debasement, eh? And the crude and offensive caricature of Trump by some has-been family-abusing “actor” is not a debasement, eh?

right’s continual self-righteousness about their principles of virtue and honesty Rush is honest, friend. He’s just TOO honest for your taste. Have a Kleenex for your tears.

Given your disappointment and concern about “our nation,” perhaps you should investigate leaving for some more idyllic spot. There are a lot of them in the South Pacific. Some have WWW available, too.

• FoodForThought says:

Sorry, unlike Trump’s military and martial career, I’m not a quitter. I like to try and fix things when they’re broken not abandon ship so I guess you’re stuck with me. As for Baldwin, you must have missed the part where I said they’ve gone overboard.
          And no, I don’t think your quote from SNL, a show clearly delineated as satire and humor, as anything like what Rush has in his show’s often serious and angry preaching. Rush’s idea of humor is calling a picture of an 13 year old girl a dog to the laughter and delight of his listeners. And, has, as we’ve clearly demonstrated, Rush is anything but honest. Just like Trump they just speak whatever happens to wander into their brain only rarely thinking it through. Still no one has managed to point out where I’ve been unfair to Rush with my claims of his faleshoods (aka, direct quotations).

There is an entire industry that exists to invent your calumnies. David Brock will die as parasites must if Rush is no longer around. CNN and MSDNC have made it their brands. You shill for Media Matters and the media that puts out 92% negative reportage against President Trump. I reject your premise about Rush’s honesty. Instead of your demonstrations of fact impairment try to speak for almost three hours per day for thirty years, command an audience of 20,000,000 listeners per week and all you got are some humor twisted into what you believe to be factual. Your accusations are fatuous.
    Change my mind.

• FoodForThought says:

I have never heard of David Brock or Media Matters. I refuse to watch CNN, MSNBC, or Fox News. They’re hyper-partisanship and lack of real content in favor of spin and speculation is as unbearable as it is unreliable.

You still haven’t identified a single actual example of “fact impairment” or invention that I’m supposedly guilty of, and now you simply try to rationalize the falsehoods Rush has stated. I’ve listened to Rush and made judgements of my own volition, not some media machine’s.
      He’s cultivated a crudely myopic “us vs. them” mentality that’s helping push our nation down the tubes. Charlie Sykes finally realized this during Trump’s rise. If you bothered to stop frothing for a second at someone daring to point out the cracks in your worldview you’d find, unlike Trump’s demands of unequivocal fealty, I’m actually pretty reasonable. I understand, apparently unlike you and most of the commenters here, that the world isn’t black-and-white no matter what Rush tells you. I think Blaska makes good points sometimes and faulty ones at other times.
      A significant portion of the time the correct answer is somewhere in between the talking point parroted by the right and left.
      And the barrage of name-calling and attacks leveled against me here (most of them with no explanations, examples, or rationales provided) for deigning to criticize someone on the right only speaks to underscore the grossly hyper-partisan world Rush has helped build.
      I know it’s easier on your brain and your id to swallow Trump and Rush’s brash claims whole, rather than thinking critically, but they rarely reflect the reality.

What Rush and President Trump have done is expose sophists like you and the pious Washington Party globalists.
    Any fool can complicate any issue. It takes serious thought and a well founded world view to cut to the decision point. Rush and President Trump exemplify this skill. They analyze, decide and act. They accomplish much while “intellectuals” dither among nuance and grey areas and sputter “He can’t do that.” A major ability of Rush and President Trump is to be the young boy saying your emperor is butt naked.

It has taken a probably fatal diagnosis to a wildly successful, well respected, hugely generous man to smoke out ankle biters like yourself. The contrast is telling.

• FoodForThought says:

Haha, do you actually think Trump is a “serious thinker”? And there you’ve lost all credibility. He makes up his policies on the fly based on impulses. Talk about sophists with specious reasoning, Trump is example A.

• madisonexpat says:

I think he’s a great leader. Look at his record. Start with the magic wand Obama said he’d need. The Washington Party is the Gordian Knot. President Trump is the sword.
        Now watch him drain the swamp.

• FoodForThought says:

His entire presidency should be subtitled, shoot from the hip, not from the brain.

Sorry to say, but much as I wish it wasn’t life is complicated. Trump and AOC appeal to the simplest base impulses.
          Actions have unintended consequences and require deep scrutiny when pulling the levers of government.
          Trump’s entire tariff policies were done by the seat of his pants and led to all sorts of unforeseen issues like increasing the already dire rate of dairy farm closures.
          To mention nothing of the mass environmental degradation he has enacted to appease a tiny handful of large fossil fuel backers and foot-dragging coal workers, despite nearly unanimous scientific evidence to the contrary. Even if, against all rational or scientific evidence, climate change weren’t caused by humans, fighting the shift to renewable energy sources is nothing but short-sighted pandering. Renewables don’t pollute water or air, don’t have the highest work-place mortality rates (as coal miners do), aren’t finite, and on and on. But trump overheard wind turbines might cause cancer and he doesn’t like the noise, so who cares?

The Great Divider in Chief had a reputation as a very smart guy and yet was a terrible leader who was in way over his head while presiding over an uber-corrupt failed administration propped up by an unctuous MSM, academia, swamp rats, and Hollywood.

• dad29 says:

Ahhhh. We’ve finally arrived at your REAL kvetch: you (and your ilk) are SMARTER than everyone else.

Yah. And who won that last Presidential election? Who actually fixed the border problem? Who body-slammed Red China over their theft and slave-labor practices?

Not the SMART boys and girls. They wrung their hands, lifted their pinkies, and drank tea–and champagne–provided by the US taxpayer.

You’re not likely to understand that there are two kinds of smart: book, and street. Leaders use street because that’s how things get DONE. They hire and fire “book” smart people who give advice–it’s all they’re really good for.

• FoodForThought says:

That’s funny, I never said I was smarter than anyone. There’s you putting words in my mouth yet again. And I seem to remember the Democrats handily winning the last election all over the country, including here in Wisco.
          The difference between Trump and a good leader is that a good leader would attempt to think through all the intended and unintended consequences of his actions before acting, where as Trump just runs his mouth off and calls it policy, collateral damage be darned. He’s basically a walking manifestation of the id. Let’s ask Wisconsin’s dairy farmers how the feel about Trump’s ill-prepared trade policies shall we?

10. Balboa says:

YEP I believe Rush when he says the asian land bridge peoples genocide was not that bad and I also believe Obama want circumcisions for all baby’s even girl babies. he was awarded the award get over it. EVERTYTHING HE SAYS IS TRUE or RIGHT. have you heard the word of LanDrew , are you of the body!

• FoodForThought says:

The sad thing is many of his listeners to believe virtually everything he says, such as those things you list, is true or right. That’s the problem. He holds enormous sway and uses it irresponsibly.

• madisonexpat says:

Yeah. Rush fools 20,000,000 people a week for 30 years but he can’t fool you.

• FoodForThought says:

Do you realize how ignorant that line of reasoning is?
          “Yeah, Jon Stewart fooled 20,000,000 million people a week for 15 years, but he can’t fool you.” Big audiences do not equate to truth.

FfL your climate change “facts” are anything but.They are no more than a global hustle that evolve to fit observable conditions.They are the sum total of computer models based on estimates that over time go comically wrong. Like the analytics and computer models that were the best that money could buy to measure data in real time that convinced the smart people that Hillary had a 90% plus chance of victory.
    Pffffft.

• FoodForThought says:

haha and clearly you didn’t even read my comment since my entire comment was literally saying, even disregarding climate change, we should be pursuing transition to renewable energy sources for all the other reasons I listed. I didn’t list a single fact about climate change. Both of Iowa’s senators blasted Trump for claiming wind turbines cause cancer, the good people of West Virginia can tell you all about poor working conditions for coal miners and about how they contaminate their water.
      Thank you for once again proving my point that you react without comprehension.

12. geo_ says:

This is great, claims of falsehoods and lies in others posts by supporters of one of the lyingest president in this nations history.

geo and Llf, clearly you’re having as bad a week as President Trump is having a great one.
    Gonna be a long five years in front of you.

• FoodForThought says:

My week’s actually going great, thanks for asking.

• madisonexpat says:

Right. Its not every week you get to slander a dying man.

• FoodForThought says:

And there you go lying again. I’ve given you ample opportunities to point out an example of my so-called slander and you’ve yet to do anything but lie about my or rationalize Rush’s lies. I’m sorry the man is ill, but I don’t believe I’ve said single unfair thing about him. Please point out what I’ve said specifically that you believe to be slander if you feel so strongly about it.

14. Bud miller says:

Pelosi holding her breath and stamping her feet would have made it all the better.

FfL. I don’t accept your premise. You slander a dying man.
    Karma.

• FoodForThought says:

Excuse me? What’s karma? What did I was that was slanderous? Slander is defined as a false statement and you have yet to list a single false thing I’ve supposedly said.

• FoodForThought says:

(and to clarify, I’m not asking what the concept of karma means (aka, bad things happen to bad people and vice versa), only asking how you think it applies in this situation).