The Left’s cancel culture visits Orchard Ridge

aka North Korea south!

Like dandelions in spring, lawns on my southwest side Madison WI neighborhood are littered with Biden/Harris yard signs. Many share space with those “Science Is Real” claims and the multi-lingual “Everyone is Welcome even if you lied to get here” sentiments.

Except for the one neighbor with his Trump/Pence sign. Which lasted for maybe two days before the bare wire rendered mute testimony to Madison’s cancel culture. The homeowner then posted another sign high up on a utility pole which, by the time the Werkes surveillance team saw it, had been spray painted over.

This morning 10-20-20 we came across his third attempt at free speech: an ink-jet printed poster with the simple message: “Stop the looting, shooting, and carnage! Vote Trump!” Within a half-hour, it, too, had been spray painted over.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Whereupon the heads groundskeeper hereabouts posted his own sign under the censored sign. It reads:

Message for the

Gutless Wonder

who keeps vandalizing my neighbor’s
Trump for President signs

These are not my signs (although, having been a ‘Never Trump’ Republican four years ago, I’m voting for the man this time). Which is why I am not vandalizing all the Biden/Harris signs you see in this neighborhood. They are entitled to their opinion. It’s in the First Amendment. You can put up your own sign. I may not agree with it but I won’t destroy it because I believe in free speech and respect other people’s property, unlike you.

Now, you anonymous coward,

take your spray can back down to boarded-up State Street
where your self-righteous cancel culture will be most welcome.

I am David Blaska and I approve this message. I am asking my neighbors to keep an eye out for you. Be sure to wash your hands.

Blaska’s Bottom LineIf I ever find the culprit, s/he’ll be wearing black spray paint at the cop shop. (BTW: the squiggly image in the photograph of my sign is a worm.)

Why do Leftists feel so entitled?

This entry was posted in Election 2020. Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to The Left’s cancel culture visits Orchard Ridge

1. Amos Roe says:

Amen.

2. Pasco says:

They are getting this free speech thing out of their system. Under communism there are no parties to choose from. You get Canceled permanently for having a view different from the party.

3. Gg Mo says:

A few months ago, a neighbor posted a BLM sign on the front-edge, and corner of their property (situated a blk away from traffic lights) a major traffic conduit /gateway to my neighborhood. I wrote them a signed letter asking them if it occured to them that the placement of the sign was bespeaking a “support” for this ORGINIZATION (founded by SELF-professed Marxists) .from the entire neighborhood , and that this was a bit presumptiuous, and maybe not well-thought-out. I got no response (I included my address, e-mail, and phone #) BUT they did move their sign closer to their front-door. Mature , grown-up behaviour is alien to some, but more radically lacking in all of these “benevolent” “virtuous” “B n’ H” “Folks” , and they should be calling out this crap of someone vandalizing THEIR NEIGHBORS property, but “No” , too many people prefer Fiction, and their “narratives”.

• Gg Mo says:

Love your response Mr. Blaska : )

• pANTIFArts says:

And once this sign is painted over, make a bigger sign, but from a different tack. Download a nice German font online, write: “VERBOTEN!!! Thoughts and opinions not in compliance with Progressive Party standards WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!! Those who choose to ignore this edict will do so at their own peril!” — (Then just take a magic marker and write “FREEDOM!!!” across it.)

• pANTIFArts says:

(Better yet, use red spray paint)

• Gg Mo says:

I’d say, use a cyrillic font. All of these ginned-up (most likely Wined-up in the case of neighborhood “revolutionay” *apply pink ,knitted hat) “peaceful protestors” are exactly like the CHEKA. Nazi’s weren’t terrorizing their neighbors/kin-folk (like Japanese internment camps, Nazi’s absolutely were rounding up “enemies of the state”and worse, like CHEKA), but the CHEKA , the CHEKA …… The Marxist, beat-niks of terror ..10’s of millions more slaughtered. The “Kulak as THE enemy of “labor”… The mental gymnastics of Horror ….The psy-ops, and indoctrination that had Grandchildren turning in Grandparents for “wrong-think”* worship of God in the Trinity….on, and on.

• Gg Mo says:

By the way, bait and switch tactics/changes of Commie Org. NAMES don’t fool, and wikipedia has Editing trolls with cubicles in “our greatest allie’s” (largely millions of ex-pat “russians” , look it up) country. Antifa had it’s foundation as a COMMUNIST Org. in Germany.

4. Mark Porter says:

This is sad, I read about people destroying signs on both sides. It is sad and I hope it stops. On another note, Dave: as a previous NT guy, what made you change your mind on a national level candidate?

5. Alfred E. Newman says:

Some fascist thug stole my ByeDon 2020 yard sign last night, of course neighbors are having all kinds and sizes of Biden/Harris signs stolen multiple times. Thugs vandalizing our neighborhoods. I guess that’s what i get for living in the ghetto that is Waukesha County

The Gotch calls BULL$#!T!

Like much of the rest of what you post, you’re blissfully unburdened by the constraints of a fact-based Reality.

That approach will never hinder most Lefties, they subscribe all manner of unethical rationalizations; near/at the top of the list is:

The Means Justify The Ends

• madisonexpat says:

Right. A real hell hole for the Woke.

• WashCoRepub says:

MEDIAN HOUSEHOLD INCOMES BY COUNTY:
      1 Ozaukee $74,996
      2 Waukesha $75,064
      3 Dane $60,519
      Yep, the ‘ghetto’ that is Waukesha County.

• Liberty says:

Waukesha: Well-manicured homes. Low crime. Gainfully employed adults. Freedom-loving patriots. Yeah, I can see why leftists would hate Waukesha,

Sure Alfie, just last night.
      Nobody believes you, well maybe little richie, but that is only because you are a certified common troll, own it.

Btw; you do not live in Waukesha County.

How do you know where he lives batgirl? You and crotch sneaking around the internet like you did we me.

• Alfred E. Newman says:

I don’t live in Waukesha County? BTW: you just proved you speak about subjects you know absolutely nothing about. You obviously live on another planet.

Correctamundo Alfie; you don’t live in Waukesha County and btw Batman inhabits our great blue sphere but does (not infrequently) visit other celestial bodies.
          Batman has friends throughout the Universe.

6. Almostarepublican says:

When i was in high school, I went around and removed signs from my neighbor’s yards because I didn’t like the candidate. I got caught and had to put them back. I learned my lesson. It is not cool to remove someone’s sign even if you disagree with the candidate. I still think that Trump could win this election.

7. Alfred E. Newman says:

The telephone/power poles are owned by what ever company put them up and uses them. To post on one would be defacing/trespassing. I don’t think I could go post a political sign on a private business and expect it to remain. Wonder If I could legally shoot the person stealing a sign on my property?

Alfie says:
      “Wonder If I could legally shoot the person stealing a sign on my property?”

• Amos Roe says:

“If you really want to ventilate some of your lefty rage, simply join Antifa so you can knock the crap out of some geriatrics that you out number ten to one. That will teach those unsuspecting citizens to think twice about exercising their First Amendment Rights.”

Amen.

• Liberty says:

Batman, yeah, what is is about leftists and excessive outrage?

8. One of THOSE says:

Electric fence may be in order…

9. Richard Lust says:

So far, since October 1, I have had 10 TRUMP yard signs stolen, 2 Dr. Theron signs stolen, and 2 large Trump signs spray painted — they were proudly displayed along West Mineral Point Road in the Town of Middleton near the West Middleton Lutheran Church.  I have replaced them all but they continue to disappear — I am hoping that someone is stealing them and putting them up somewhere else but I know that is a pipe-dream!!

10. Good Dog,Happy Man says:

The godless, gutless censorious cowards on the Left took a Johnny Cochrane, “If you can’t compete, (in the free marketplace of ideas), you must delete. If the Conservative idea doesn’t fit, you must omit.”

Muh Dawg may recall @madison.com:

The PATHETICALLY GUTLESS “Report Abuse” C0WARD(S) strike again.

Reposting:

WoofDah!!!

11. Amos Roe says:

Of course there are a large number of YT vids up there on booby-trapped signs.
    One of my favorites involves a trip wire…… and the catapulting body of the SJW throwing
    the sign into the air. Others give a shock, etc. Not sure if some of them are fake or not, but still amusing if you’re bored and just want to kill some time.
    In real life, it’s pretty sad that young people think this is OK. Again, I mostly blame MMSD for a culture of encouraging this lack of respect for the free speech of others you don’t agree with.

• madisonexpat says:

UW Woke (redundant) are outraged by a rock (geology is racist) on Observatory Hill and the superb statue of Abe Lincoln on Bascom.

12. Alfred E. Newman says:

I finally understand the idiocy of conservatives. Even when given the truth, they refuse to believe it because it doesn’t fit their preconceived notion of what reality should be. Their stupidity as to the definitions of the word ghetto, and their support of fascism. Gee batturd, why not mention the coldblooded murder of Americans exercising their constitutional rights by fascist thugs. Yes, I’d rather be Antifa like our countries long tradition of being than a fascist, a dumb fascist. Little Germantown boy, maybe the median income of Dane County is lower because of the abundance of state employees providing services for little cost.

“the abundance of STILL EMPLOYED_AND_DRAWING_GENEROUS_PAY_AND_BENEFITS_WITH_THE_LUXURY_OF_WORKING_FROM_HOME state employees providing services while others have seen their businesses and lives irreparably disrupted while Big Gubmint turns a blind eye and fiddles”

fify!

Lefties are led, glassy eyin’ lock-steppin’ & unquestionin’, by the nostrils to believe that White Supremacists are our greatest threat, while body counts in generationally D卐M☭CRAT run $#!THOLES skyrocket because of RAYcism.

Our greatest threat are terminally imbecilic, ovine ungulate Lefties!

What about the “imbecilic ” , dumb, fat, right-wing nut jobs who want to kidnap and murder Democratic politicians. `The ones who drive trucks into crowds. Why not just light all those TIKI torches you have around your triple deck so you can keep an eye on your signs.

• Gg Mo says:

Wow, You REALLY don’t do your homework…The FBI Paid informants in that “kidnapping” psyop LED the entire entrapment op. Footage was released that had rwo of those “leaders” at BLM protest , anti-trump s/m postings, and one (w/ Anarchy Flag in backgroud ,and body-mod giant open ear lobs) Brandon Caserta had this to say : “Trump is not your friend, dude. It amazes me that people actually, like, believe that when he’s shown over and over and over again that he’s a tyrant. Every single person that works for government is your enemy, dude.” But I guess the “new” left Worships , and Trusts the FBI/CIA/Big GOV and Monopolistic Billionaire partnerships that “feed the world” . Do your GD homework on Prof. Dwayne Dixon while your at it . HE lead, and provoked the melee that ensued in Charlottesville. (Not to say that there not infiltrators everywhere, There WERE)

“Why not just light all those TIKI torches you have around your triple deck so you can keep an eye on your signs.”

JEEZ LOUISE richie; will you ever get over the fact that Gotch has a triple deck??
          It’s just a deck after all, no need to obsess over some wood planking, nice as it is.
          What’s it been, well over a year now and you are still whining about it. Tell you what; if you work hard enough you can (probably) have your own but if you come up short on cash Batman will supply the difference, capisce?

You’ve been there, Caped Crusader; depending on how you count, it’s five (5) decks.

As you’re probably aware, Section VIII apartments are what you might call…d*ckless…

“Wow, You REALLY don’t do your homework”

Gg Mo…THAT’S the understatement of the century!!!

• Gg Mo says:

As to “tiki torches”, I would love to know who was behind that suggested OPTIC at a gathering of people defending history/statues ? The stupidiest playing into the hands of enemies , or the cleverest of cutting down (through the MAJORITY of indoctrinated Morons who like “the pictures” ) the real ,and righteous agenda of defending history ,and PUBLIC rememberance at it’s knees.

13. patrickmoloughlin says:

Cold blooded murder by fascists, of citizens exercising their constitutional rights. You mean like the TV station security guard in Denver? Or maybe you’re talking about the Antifa murderer in Portland who executed a Trump supporter. No, I think you’re talking about the black man in Milwaukee with the Trump sign in his shop window who was gunned down. Still unsolved by the way, but I’m sure that doesn’t bother anybody because, you know, Trump supporter, he deserved it.

It has to be one of those because Kyle Rittenhouse is going to walk out the door in a CLEAR CUT case of self defense. Of course that will likely drive Alfie to take to the streets to riot, loot and burn again. Your overuse of the term fascist is rather telling. Psychologists would call that projecting.

Antifa is fascist black shirts.

Worse, “CHEKA.

• Gg Mo says:

ANTIFA had it’s genesis as a COMMUNIST org in WEIRMAR Germany , after Versailles where , of course they had ooodles of freedom, and support by the perverse, lazy, and greedy.

• pANTIFArts says:

Gg Mo, you do know your history, (props). Antifa are not fascists, mainly because they are not nationalistic at all, much less ultra-nationalists. The tactics, though, of Fascism and Cheka (and Antifa) to control their people, and destroy their enemies, are nearly identical. I, for one, greatly enjoy the idea of throwing the “fascist” label back into the face of Antifa at every opportunity. I earlier lobbied for a German font on a sign, (it just looks cool, and unlike Cyrillic, it can be read), German fonts and fascist labels are aimed at Antifa’s tactics, not strict ideology.

• Gg Mo says:

I did go to the Reopen Wis. at the capital,in April, and saw a lone ANTIFA Beta dressed-up like a brown-shirt (I guess for intimidation purposes, or he prefers it to the LARP-ing Cheka beatnik look). His fat,spoiled face, and cleverness of combining it with a mohawk seemed no different to me then those who just HAD to combine this issue (opening back up) w/ their Banker Puppet of choice. So many people with their team displayed. My sign said ” I will NOT beg Evers , or Trump for fake “freedom” (violence-backed ,and “acceptable”) . This ADULT parent will PROCEED in FREEDOM ! ” The other side said this : Lock-down ? ” FAKE “virtue” = Millions of Lil’ Dictators and TRILLIONS more in debt-slavery for my family ,and my neighbors. Cui Bono ?! All native/citizens are the “enemy” (competition) of the bankers ,and monopoly multinationals. ” I was accused of being a hypocritical christian, and pro-abortion if I did not support Trump…….This is CHEKA B***sh** . The German men, women, and CHILDREN at the least , had the NIGHTMARE of the Banker scripted Treaty of Versailles, ensuing Weimar “Republic” (“Cuties” etc) , carpet baggers etc to explain their shift to NS., The “reaction” from the Bolshevik Warburg/Shiff banker puppets (allies)? HELLSTORM, and ” Revenge” going on 75 years. The Commies have taken all of THOSE psychological trigger-ques and added the same pile of Marx/Engel/Stalin/Mao “great leaders” lies and deceit (Think E. Bernays and Nuero-science FUNDED BY THEM) , put it in the “American” blender and “Problem, Reaction, Solution”, “Divide and conquer” “Playing both sides against the middle” etc etc etc etc . They are CLEVER, and I , for one , think the German people have suffered enough, though Babara Spectre, Israel, the UN etc does not agree. To package , to brand an entire people, after they have already been mentally raped into submission, to keep propping up the “spectre of the world’s biggest horror” ? I call BS. Commie death count (China included), this last 100 years , 170 million . China bought Smithfield Farms etc by the way , the “Political” WWE Theatre is a laugh.

• Gg Mo says:

Thanks , BTW, P,.. um, etc. : ) Most of my old “friends” (“left, and right”) never cared for these observations, and I spent most of my youth reading ,and observing with outbursts of letting the insane gaslighting get to me, not to mention some personal stuff. But I learned who, and what to trust, and to realize that most people don’t care for homework like we do. : ) Again , Thanks

15. Amos Roe says:

“Commie death count (China included), this last 100 years, 170 million.”

IMO, one death by the repression of any government is one too many. That said, GgMo, why stop at 170 million? Why not round it off to 300 or 400 million while you’re at at? Yes, you seem to read a lot of history, but, with all due respect, I’m not seeing a whole lot of ability to synthesize what you are reading into an accurate accounting of history.

Your 170 million figure is total BS on the face of it, and I’ll leave it to others to hash this out if they want. Peace.

• Gg Mo says:

I am including WAR’s that the Bolshevik Banker ELITE keeps fomenting, for THEIR purposes. “Peace” Indeed. Love is not Love, Love is TRUTH.

• Gg Mo says:

I accept that some things never change, but I can’t and wont stop calling out the LIES.

• Gg Mo says:

MATH : Mao (just the great leap forward) 60 Million, Russian Revolutin 13 Million and +Mass killings under Communist regimes 70 million, Holodomor 10 Million, WW II CIVILIAN Deaths 55 Million, etc etc .

• Gg Mo says:

By the way, The reason I “Liked” your comment calling me a liar (Your 170 million figure is total BS “on the face of it” ) is that you assist me in practicing patience.

• Amos Roe says:

Glad to oblige Gg Mo. 🙂

And just to be clear, I wasn’t calling you a “liar” per se. Just saying that your calculations – staring with the “Communist-caused” deaths of all the Nazis who brutally butchered 20 million Russians in that country alone – aren’t acceptable statistics for some of us.

But to each his own.

• Gg Mo says:

Yuck, You simple politician. Your hubris makes you think you have a semi-captive audience of bobble-heads. Hmm. Maybe in mandated Zoom classrooms for children. These are not MY calculations . “aren’t exceptable” ? Yep, Stick to comic book heros and villians , I’m sure they’ll toss you a role. As for me , I am not complicit in the punch-n-judy, dog-n-pony, so I’ll leave you and your Earnestness (w/ capital “E”) to it.

16. Amos Roe says:

Sorry. I’ll leave you alone in the future on these threads.

• Amos Roe says:

Actually, I do have one further comment, Gg Mo. Note how when you are challenged on a factual issue, you turn to personal insults and ad hominems. No different from people suffering form TDS, no? I think it all comes from the same source – fanaticism which will brook no dissent from others.

• Gg Mo says:

Note how when you (fake) respond to me that you tuck it away in a seperate thread ? “Dissent” ? 20 Million ? That was your “arguement”? What fanaticism drilled 6 million MINUS all other numbers, (or smudged) , into our heads from elementary “school” on (and it’s still not enough, not suffcient , Their opinion/LAWS people are in jail for SPEECH in Germany , France etc TODAY ) ? 20 million , in WAR, in uniform, VS. CIVILIANS. Those are the numbers I presented. Not “MY” numbers. If you would like to delve deep. Not surface “History” written by the “VICTORS” that continue to blame people for the massacre ,and genocides (like , for example, they blame the neighbors lack of recycling for Tsunamis , and the toddler UNMASKED for every grandmas death) , I would be happy to OBLIGE you. I have no interest in “revenge”, “forked-tongue” psycho-babble Coddling. I seek NO POWER ,and do NOT feed”victimhood”, JUST THE FACTS.

• Gg Mo says:

Ir’s true, I do not like be told I’m spreading “BS” , in other words , “Lying” I do not lie, for any kind of worldy “gain” or otherwise, and my children love ,and respect me for this. It’s humbling , and is before Jesus Christ.

• Gg Mo says:

P.S. I should have said “a LITTLE deeper” , not “if would would like to (delve DEEP)” , it’s not that deep at all.