Notes on a confirmation hearing.
The shade tree mechanics at Blaska Policy Werkes pulled Ol’ Sparky out of the garden shed and with a little elbow grease and some actual petroleum grease got the Eisenhower-era mainframe computer purring like a ’54 Hudson Hornet straight six.
We asked the mechanical marvel to identity the most annoying Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Before throwing a rod at 4500 rpms, Sparky spit out the following list:
- Maisie Hirono of Hawaii asking if Amy Coney Barrett ever sexually assaulted anyone. (“No complaints,” would be Blaska’s answer, but let’s move on.) Our best theory is that TV doesn’t get all the way from Washington D.C. to Honolulu so the good folks in the Aloha State are blissfully ignorant of what they have inflicted on America.
- Sheldon Whitehouse spinning Beautiful Mind conspiracy charts, missing only the demented professor’s criss-crossing strings. (We remember how the Rhode Island senator took a microscope to Brett Kavanaugh’s high school year book.) (“Sheldon Whitehouse’s funhouse math.”)
- Richard Blumenthal for lying about a Coney Barrett dissent. (More here.) Then again, he lied about serving in Vietnam.
- The always unctuous Cory Booker asking if the nominee, adoptive mother of two black children from Haiti, was racist.
- Kamala Harris, on general principle.
Blaska’s Bottom Line: Desperation is never pretty.