This Statement from American Thinker magazine:
These pieces relied on discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories about Dominion’s supposed ties to Venezuela, fraud on Dominion’s machines that resulted in massive vote switching or weighted votes, and other claims falsely stating that there is credible evidence that Dominion acted fraudulently.
These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact. Industry experts and public officials alike have confirmed that Dominion conducted itself appropriately and that there is simply no evidence to support these claims.
It was wrong for us to publish these false statements.
More RWNJ fantasies exposed as fantasies; but it won’t make any difference to the Trumpsters living in alternative reality.
Hey, the election was stolen!
The Gotch anxiously awaits Christine Blasey-Ford’s take to, you know, like, help him see this in the clearest possible light; you…?
LikeLiked by 1 person
By the way, where’d you get those “statistics” about the summer protests you keep copy and pasting around here? Alex Jones butt?
What exactly does this “retraction” prove other than Dominion prepared a statement to be published by American Thinker under threat of some unnamed adverse action. AT’s introductory verbiage makes it clear the retraction is forced and not at all sincere. Not that it – or this blog post – proves anything.
I’ve been sued for libel; studied press law in school. I know how it works.
You print a retraction prepared by the aggrieved party when you know that you will lose a libel lawsuit if you don’t. What the retraction exactly proves is that the publication cannot defend its story on the Dominion voting machines. That they have no evidence to back up their story. That they printed what they wanted to believe but could not prove. That Hugo Chavez jiggered the machines to throw the election to Joe Biden is as absurd as this guy:
Am I getting through?
There you go again Dave. Confusing everyone with facts.
No, you are not getting through, except to the brain-dead!
1. SP corps have independent audits. Even so, WStreet totally missed the fraud at Enron. Proclamations that Enron was clean and without accounting gimmicks were easy to proclaim, but they were false, just as the no-doc loans and mortgage tranches that brought about the 08-09 market crash. How many million’s of checking accounts exhibnnit bad math each month? How many brokerage accounts tally stock trades inaccurately each day? There is NO excuse for BS explanations for vote tally disputes.
2. Chavez did not hold fair and transparent elections. My understanding is that his party used and “adjusted” outcomes with Dominion machines. And, who in VZ now has a stock ownership influence over Dominion? Where has that been adjudicated, rejected, or affirmed? Show us where anyone as claimed the deceased Chavez returned from the dead and affected the election counts. None that I am aware of have claimed such.
3. In what swing states have the machines and vote-counts been independently verified for accuracy? Far as I know, in none of the 59 court cases about the election, NONE of them reviewed the factual basis for the claims of illegality and/or irregularity. In NO court has the evidence been adjudicated.
4. At what web site can anyone read about the internal electrical and software characteristics of the Dominion machines? To what degree can these machines be “adjusted” to affirm false accuracy of voter identification?
5. Remember how the Mueller investigation was constructed on the basis of false evidence and innuendo? DC and the nation remained spell-bound for months because of the Big Lie.
6. Who can trust the MSMedia– or the FBI — or the CIA? What do we know about communications details of Fusion GPS, Glenn Simpson, Hillary, Cheryl Mills (and her law firm)? Answer: Not much. Why were cell phones and laptops destroyed with FBI agreement? Who really believes all Mueller team member phones were “crashed” through multiple accidents and not from conspiratorial behavior? Similarly, what DO WE really know about election illegalities, fraud, corruption, etc.? Consider the recent revelations about Fiona Hill and Christopher Steele.
More issues and questions……but it is clear to many of us who read your proclamations, Dave, that you suffer from confirmation bias. You hate Trump and love McCain so much that you’re willing to buy the Dim line at every juncture. You avoid Socratic debate; you’re views are rarely supported by empirical evidence.
Disagree with me (and others) as you are want to do, but honest questions remain, even if you as Manor Lord ignore them. There is NO need to follow Vicki’s pattern of debate by refusing to address those of us who have substantive objections to her emotional, one-sided screeds. Or, are we mistaken?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Retractions and apologies coming from CNN shortly.
Looks more like CYA satire to me.
Perhaps this should have been in the Babylon Bee!