Now to skewer the other side
Before Wednesday’s chaos at the nation’s Capitol, we predicted Paraguay on the Potomac. (How do we do it?!.) The talking heads on CNN last night (01-06-21) were outraged. Where were the police? they demanded. The same talking heads who complain about “over-policing” now want see the batons swing. Wasn’t enough, apparently, that four were killed, one of them by the police. Unlike the social justice warriors, we do not blame the police, we blame the law breakers (like Jacob Blake in Kenosha).
Dane County Sheriff David Mahoney denounced the attempted coup Wednesday. Good for him. Those of us not afflicted with short-term memory loss remember the partisan Democrat allowing the hordes to take over the Wisconsin Capitol a decade ago in protest of Act 10. Then Mahoney bitched about being Scott Walker’s “palace guard.” We remember hooligans chasing State Sen. Glen Grothman, closing down a bank on the Square, disrupting a Special Olympics award ceremony.
Freedom Inc. invades homes late at night with bullhorns and fireworks. It’s all about intimidation — the same motivation of BLM affiliates like Freedom Inc., Brandi Grayson, and their Defund the Cops enablers at Progressive Dane (like Ald. Rebecca Kemble).
Democrats as a class never acknowledged the 2016 election, invented a hoax that Vladimir Putin was pulling Trump’s strings, entrapped the man’s campaign aides and General Flynn, spat on White House employees, tried to impeach over a telephone call. Americans see Portland and Seattle burning and their mayors backing down, lest they offend domestic terrorists. They see the mayor of Madison WI side with a violent BLM extortionist and telling the police to stand down while statues are topped and legislators beaten. They see murder rates soaring in America’s big cities, like Milwaukee (which nearly doubled in a year). They’re frustrated by catch and release.
• Chris Cuomo on MSNBC on 06-02-20 on the George Floyd protests: “Now too many see the protests as the problem. No, the problem is what forced your fellow citizens to take to the streets: persistent, poisonous inequities and injustice,” Cuomo told his viewers: “And please, show me where it says protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful. Because I can show you that outraged citizens are what made the country what she is and led to any major milestone. To be honest, this is not a tranquil time.” Donald Trump had a very successful presidency but he was an awful President. (By the same metric, Jimmy Carter’s presidency was a failure but he was a good President.)
• In June 2020, in the aftermath of the nationwide rioting following the death of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer, Kamala Harris even gleefully predicted that the rioting wouldn’t end, telling Stephen Colbert, host of “The Late Show,” that they shouldn’t end.
“They’re not going to stop. They’re not going to stop,” she told him. … And everyone should take note of that. They’re not gonna let up and they should not.”
Now back to “our side”
• The Trumpbots are pushing a false flag narrative — that Antifa infiltrated the protest. Two problems: no one tried to stop the invaders and the Trumbots on social media are defending it. And the selfies are being arrested are identified Trump brownshirts.
• Sen. Josh Hawley was worried about elections in the six swing states. But both senators from Pennsylvania — one Republican, the other Democrat — thought their election was on the up and up.
• What hero will Hannity and Lou Dobbs worship now?
Blaska’s Bottom Line: Trump could do the honorable thing, beg America’s forgiveness and resign the Presidency this very day. Before he is removed. Thank god for Mike Pence.