Gov. Evers orders Safer at Home

A near lockdown

Statement today of WI Gov. Tony Evers:

We have been working hard to ensure the health and safety of the people of our state as we have responded to COVID-19 in Wisconsin. We’ve taken some important steps, but folks, time is of the essence. So today I’m announcing we’ll be issuing a #SaferAtHome order tomorrow. …

I know this has been difficult and has disrupted the lives of people across our state. That’s why issuing a #SaferAtHome order isn’t something I thought we’d have to do, and it’s not something I take lightly. But here’s the bottom line: folks need to start taking this seriously.

We also need folks to limit their interactions to the same people, not different small groups. Shrinking your circle of interactions will help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Unfortunately that means no sleepovers, no play dates, and no dinner parties with friends and neighbors. …

You can still get out and walk the dogs — it’s good exercise and it’s good for everyone’s mental health — but please don’t take any other unnecessary trips, and limit your travel to essential needs like going to the doctor, grabbing groceries, or getting medication.

Workers providing essential care or services in our communities will be allowed to continue to travel to and from work. That includes folks like healthcare professionals, grocers, family caregivers, among other people whose work is critical for folks across our state.

If it’s essential for you to go outside, please stay 6 feet away from others and shared spaces such as park shelters and visitor centers. …

This entry was posted in Coronavirus. Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to Gov. Evers orders Safer at Home

1. It’s certainly a bummer but I suppose it’s a necessary evil right now.

2. Gordon E Sussman says:

Safer at Home? Not questioning the need for the shelter-in-place, but Governor Gao and her boytoy Evers need to work on their branding. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/accidental-injury.htm

3. Kooter says:

I will continue to say the facts done justify the hysteria. The economic ruin of these policies will far outweigh the actual virus; the liberties restricted are not appropriate to the situation.

• You’re welcome to your opinion but it looks to me like you haven’t learned from verifiable recent history. These kinds of virus’ are very contagious, infect indiscriminately, there is no cure right now and kill many thousands of people that don’t have to die.

If we don’t deepen our social distancing those that get infected could completely overwhelm our health system leaving many people without any possibility of treatment! Are you okay with that?

I know the world’s population needs to be reduced but let’s do it by choice not by willfully ignoring that which is already known to kill.

Support your local businesses as best you can and we’ll all get through this.

• Kooter says:

The mortality and morbidity of a global economic depression stemming from the hysteria will far outweigh the morbidity and mortality of this virus. SARS and H1N1 were far more lethal than Covid19, but we didn’t have Panic then. Why now?

• AnonyBob says:

Because it’s much more widespread and spreading fast. SARS killed 10% of its 8,000 cases. MERS killed 34% of its 2500 cases. They were both more easily contained. Coronavirus so far has killed 4.4% of its…375,000 (and increasing exponentially) cases. You do the math. It’s overwhelming healthcare systems. Quit listening to the morons at Fox and the moron-in-chief at the White House.

• AnonyBob says:

H1N1 had a mortality rate of just .02%.

Dr. Anthony Fauci: Trump Has ‘Never Overruled Me’ Or Contradicted The Science.

Whoopsie!

• Admit it Kooter, facts just aren’t your cup-o-tea; heck even a half-witted village idiot can squash your nonsense rhetoric. Move along now and go dance it off in the town square, there’s nothing to see here.

Congratulations to all of us half-witted village idiots for proving my point. 😉

• dad29 says:

Just like Influenza A & B, hey!! I think you should quarantine yourself so you don’t infect anyone with your grave case of Supercilious Jackwadism. It can get someone seriously hurt.

• Kooter says:

Steve and A-bob: I know when you guys are confronted with logic and facts that you resort to name-calling but jeepers! Steve check your facts: the mortality rate of covid-19 is about 1% (taking into account that a vast majority of cases are subclinical and not reported). The common flu’s mortality rate is .1%. Yes Covid is about 10 times more lethal but not worth the hysteria and the economic ruin that is going to come from this over reaction. I hope I’m wrong but think we’ll see the biggest expansion of the federal government since the New Deal and economic consequences that far outstrip the benefits. Stay with me and think ahead more than a week or two!

• Kooter wrote, “I know when you guys are confronted with logic and facts that you resort to name-calling but jeepers! Steve check your facts: the mortality rate of covid-19 is about 1% (taking into account that a vast majority of cases are subclinical and not reported). The common flu’s mortality rate is .1%. Yes Covid is about 10 times more lethal but not worth the hysteria and the economic ruin that is going to come from this over reaction.”

The fact that you’re completely ignoring is that COVID-19 has already proven that it’s extremely infectious and spreads very rapidly before people even know they have it. That’s a real problem for the population!

I’m not ignoring the economic impacts, they are quite significant.

• Kooter wrote, “the mortality rate of covid-19 is about 1%”

Here’s some math for you Kooter. The population of the USA right now is roughly 331,000,000 people, if this virus was allowed to run wild across the United States and infect everyone that 1% mortality rate calculates out to 3,310,000 deaths. Do you consider over three million people to be an acceptable mortality rate?

• dad29 wrote, “Just like Influenza A & B, hey!!”

Well actually dad29 it’s not like Influenza A & B. COVID-19 has already proven itself to be much more infectious than Influenza A & B plus Influenza A & B have effective preventive treatments, there are none for COVID-19 as of yet.

So no Dad29, it’s really not just like Influenza A & B.

dad29 wrote, “I think you should quarantine yourself so you don’t infect anyone with your grave case of Supercilious Jackwadism. It can get someone seriously hurt.”

Bite me.

4. Normwegian says:

was going to my attorney to update our wll/trust…that’ll probably get nixed.

5. Leo says:

Be afraid, be very afraid.

6. dad29 says:

Quoth Tony: “People across our state are still out and about unnecessarily…”

Really? Did he stop them in traffic and ask “Is this trip necessary?” Did his master, Ms. Gau, do so? How does Tony measure “unnecessary”?

WHAT KIND OF MORON MAKES THIS SORT OF STATEMENT?

The Mistake in the Capitol (until 2PM or so, when he necessarily leaves after an exhausting day.)

• AnonyBob says:

Jeebus, Dad, you’re sounding kind of worked up again. Being proven consistently wrong by reality doesn’t seem to agree with you. Pay attention to the news. Even Witherspoon gets it. (Whoa! I’m agreeing with him!)

• dad29 says:

No, Bobby, I’m not “worked up.” You’re not very good at diagnosis.

As to ignorant of facts, I stand in awe of your proficiency. Were I shooting for ignoramus-mastery, I’d buy lessons from you.

• dad29 wrote, “Quoth Tony: “People across our state are still out and about unnecessarily…””

Let’s not cherry pick dad29, the whole quote and the complete context is “People across our state are still out and about unnecessarily that are putting our friends, our neighbors, and our communities at risk. Please #StayHome and help us save lives.”

Sure dad29, that’s a stated opinion and not a stated fact and yes there is a difference. What he said, in context, is just fine and it’s petty to cherry pick it out and attack it. Don’t cherry pick to fabricate something to attack like progressives are constantly doing.

• dad29 says:

Awwwwwww….does Widdle Tony earn your pity? He can’t even read the 20-point typescript. You’d think that Maggie could have written a much tighter speech and let him rehearse it a couple of times.

WHICH people are ‘putting our friends, neighbors, and communities at risk’? O Sanctimonious One? Do you know with Biblical certainty that YOU are not a carrier? Nor do you know that about anyone else. For that matter, maybe “essential” people are spreading this around, too.

Reality is a bitch.

7. Kooter says:

Steve @ 7:29am: contagion rate or how infectious a disease is (Ro or R-nought) is separate from mortality; I believe you are confusing the two.
    Look I’m not advocating that life is normal right now and Common Sense measures make sense but locking down States and economies without doing a long-range cost-benefit analysis is idiocy and short-sighted.

• Kooter wrote, “contagion rate or how infectious a disease is (Ro or R-nought) is separate from mortality; I believe you are confusing the two.”

Believe whatever your little heart tells you to believe Kooter, it just not fact. I’m not confusing the two, I’m just not completely ignoring how infectious it is, you are.

• Kooter says:

Nor am I. Just because something is highly contagious does not mean it’s highly lethal. The common cold is highly contagious but not very lethal. See the difference?

• I wrote, “I’m just not completely ignoring how infectious it is, you are.”

Kooter replied, “Nor am I.”

HOGWASH! You’ve tossed it aside as if it is completely irrelevant.

Kooter wrote, “Just because something is highly contagious does not mean it’s highly lethal.”

That’s a unethical rationalization plus I never said it was highly lethal.

The population of the USA right now is roughly 331,000,000 people, if this virus was allowed to run wild across the United States and infect everyone that 1% mortality rate calculates out to 3,310,000 deaths. Do you consider over three million people to be an acceptable mortality rate? That’s the second time I’ve posed that question, answer it.

Kooter wrote, “The common cold is highly contagious but not very lethal. See the difference?”

False equivalencies are a terrible way to argue.

8. Sprocket says:

I’m sure everything will be fine. I mean, what could go wrong imposing de-facto martial law on several million newly unemployed people, who are going to be sitting at home contemplating the smoking crater that was the economy (and their prospects for the future). It would be nice if people had more settings that indifference or pant soiling hysteria.

• Sprocket,
      They have not imposed de-facto martial law, that’s hyperbole.

All the hysteria out there, and spewing out “de-facto martial law” hyperbole falls directly into hysteria too, is not good.

• Sprocket says:

The pols are taking the easy way out. If you shut everything down, your opponents won’t have any footage of grandma on a ventilator to use against you, and you can say you did all you could. With economic calamity, if they throw enough ***t in the air, they can obfuscate responsibility. The people making these decisions are confident they will never have to bear any of the cost.

• Sprocket wrote, “If you know a better term for government compelled curtailment of commerce, assembly, and movement, feel free to use it.”

Something like government compelled temporary limitations of commerce, assembly, and movement works just fine, it doesn’t need to be blown out of proportion with nonsense hyperbole like “martial law”. Martial law doesn’t mean what you think it means, look it up and educate yourself.

Sprocket wrote, “Anyone who is even a casual student of history should be very very concerned right about now.”

I am concerned about this, I never said I wasn’t. What I’m not going to do is allow my concerns to drive me to engage in ridiculous hyperbole and add to the hysteria.

Here’s the facts. Commerce has not been stopped it’s only temporarily limited, the supply chain across the country has not been shut down, publicly assembly has not been stopped it’s only temporarily limited, movement has not been stopped it’s only temporarily limited. We’re not under de facto martial law, and we’re not heading that way as long as people figuratively get their heads out of their asses and do what’s right for themselves and the community at large around them.

The whole goal of this social distancing and stay at home rhetoric/policies is to help prevent our hospitals and medical facilities maximum capacity from being completely overrun, this is a really BIG DEAL!!! There’s a limited number of beds in medical facilities, there’s a limited number of direct medical care givers, there is a limited amount of supporting staff including laboratories to provide services for those direct care givers and there is only so many people can be directly treated at one time. If medical needs exceed capacity it’s inevitable that the death rate will increase. The more people there are in relative close proximity in public places the more chances there is of spreading the virus exponentially regardless of whether any one person currently has it or not, that’s simple laws of probability.

9. Good Dog,Happy Man says:

I’m not sure Evers understands his “Safer At Home” self-imposed sequestration quarantine proposal, … doesn’t he know that most accidents happen at home?

Voofda!

• Good Dog, Happy Man wrote, “doesn’t he know that most accidents happen at home?”

I’m sure he knows that but that’s truly not the kind of “safer” he’s talking about.

• dad29 says:

Bite yourself, Supercilious Jackwad.

Your willingness to put low-earning folks out of a job, thus toward no-food/no-shelter, is a Wonderful Charitable Impulse.

Pat yourself on the back after you’ve bitten yourself. Maybe even get on YouTube and sing songs about your Charitable and Enlightened Prescriptions for All Humanity.

10. dad29 says:

Maybe the “Fact-laden” Stevie knows with certainty the denominator for all his equations?

Based on what he’s said in this thread, he ought to lock himself into his house and tape all the cracks around his doors and windows. He’s one very frightened puppy.

11. Kooter says:

Steve 9:33am: Easy there, Stevie, don’t want you to blow a main line before you get infected with the dreaded, highly contagious and 1% lethal Covid! I’m actually scratching my head about your affect– it seems unjustified. We both have opinions, equally valid, informed by different life narratives. All your bluster and name-calling doesn’t advance your agenda very well.
    I’ve answered your questions several times but will do the “See Spot Run” version so you can follow along: sadly, if 3.3 million deaths prevents the pain/suffering/millions more (billions?) of deaths from a global economic meltdown, then yes, it is justified. As I said earlier, I am not advocating just living life as usual now and we do need to continue with common sense measures, but not to the point of extinguishing the US economy. I am not a “burn the village to save the village” kind of guy!

• Kooter,
      What name calling?

Kooter wrote, “I’ve answered your questions several times”

Liar.

Kooter wrote, “sadly, if 3.3 million deaths prevents the pain/suffering/millions more (billions?) of deaths from a global economic meltdown, then yes, it is justified.”

I’ll bet those 3.3 million Unites States citizens that you would condemn to death would rather suffer through some temporary pain and suffering instead of death. Your opinion shows a sincere disconnect from morality.

By the way, that 3.3 million was just 1% of the United States population, so if you looked at the global economy vs death rate in the same way you’re looking at the USA economy vs death rate you be condemning roughly 78 million people to death world wide with that 1% death rate.

You’re such a humanitarian with your promoting of the survival of the fittest and screw the ones that don’t survive.

12. Kooter says:

Stevie, again with the affect. Calm down Bud, you’re starting to sound like an unhinged Never-Trumper!
    Name calling: you call me a village idiot and a liar– nether of which is true. “Liar” implies intentional deceit, which I have not done. Pretty sure I’m not an idiot.
    Lets try the phonics approach; try to keep up: Hypothetically: doing nothing causes 78 million people to die; doing something causes 100 million to die. Which do you decide? Pretty simple, really.
    The caveat (and I’ve said all along): I don’t know the true cost of a world wide economic depression, but I would like to see it entered into the conversation. I worry that it is worse than doing nothing. I’m seeing a lot of knee-jerk reactions that mean well but not thought out. Again common sense precautions make sense, but locking down the state do not, IMO.

• Kooter wrote, “Name calling: you call me a village idiot…”

What I wrote I wrote in English, please try reading it again in something other than dumba**. Read it again, I did not call you a village idiot, that is a literal fact.

Kooter wrote, “you call me a…liar– nether of which is true. “Liar” implies intentional deceit, which I have not done. “

Liar: A person who tells lies.

I had asked that question multiple times, you had not answered the question, then you openly claimed that had answered my questions several times when it’s very clear that you had not and that was a lie. If you want to backtrack and just call it your own ignorance of the facts you can certainly do that but from the point of view of the person asking the same unanswered question multiple times, you lied.

Kooter wrote, “Again common sense precautions make sense, but locking down the state do not, IMO.”

You’re welcome to your opinion, we disagree on this one.

Kooter wrote, “And we haven’t even touched on the existential threat the expansion of government is now doing, but that’s an advanced conversation we can have once you’ve passed “Basic 101”.”

Under the infectious conditions we are currently facing, temporary limitations is not an “existential threat the expansion of government”. Now, if they don’t lift these temporary measures in a timely fashion when the infectious conditions have dramatically minimized, I’ll have a serious problem with the limitations. As for now, patience is warranted.

• Kooter says:

Stevie said: “Admit it Kooter, facts just aren’t your cup-o-tea; heck even a half-witted village idiot can squash your nonsense rhetoric. Move along now and go dance it off in the town square, there’s nothing to see here”– sure looks like name calling to me!

• Your comprehension skills are either quite terrible or you’re intentionally misrepresenting what was written. Interesting that you would intentionally cherry pick out what you “think” supports your argument (I never called you a half-witted village idiot) and completely leave out the part that completely destroys your argument which was “Congratulations to all of us half-witted village idiots for proving my point. ;)”. That “us” didn’t include you, it included those that were challenging your rhetoric, and that “us” intentionally included me for some added humor and was appropriately finished off with 😉 to directly imply the humor that was intended.

Kooter wrote, “I’ve answered your questions many times and not lying. How about you answer mine?”

I’m not going to beat a dead horse about you lying, grow a pair and move on.

Interesting that you should try to throw that in there to try to turn the tables about having questions answered. Here are the only three questions you’ve asked in this entire thread including their context..

1. You asked, “SARS and H1N1 were far more lethal than Covid19, but we didn’t have Panic then. Why now?” which was answered before you even asked it when I stated “These kinds of virus’ are very contagious, infect indiscriminately, there is no cure right now and kill many thousands of people that don’t have to die. If we don’t deepen our social distancing those that get infected could completely overwhelm our health system leaving many people without any possibility of treatment!” You ignored what was staring you right in the face. Another of the “us” in that half-witted village idiot team answered your question quite directly when he wrote “Because it’s much more widespread and spreading fast. SARS killed 10% of its 8,000 cases. MERS killed 34% of its 2500 cases. They were both more easily contained. Coronavirus so far has killed 4.4% of its…375,000 (and increasing exponentially) cases. You do the math. It’s overwhelming healthcare systems.” Your question was answered.

2. You asked, “Just because something is highly contagious does not mean it’s highly lethal. The common cold is highly contagious but not very lethal. See the difference?” which was very directly addressed when I wrote addressing the first half of the context of the question “That’s a unethical rationalization plus I never said it was highly lethal. The population of the USA right now is roughly 331,000,000 people, if this virus was allowed to run wild across the United States and infect everyone that 1% mortality rate calculates out to 3,310,000 deaths.” then addressing the second half of the context and the question itself I wrote, “False equivalencies are a terrible way to argue.” Comparing to the common cold IS a false equivalency and an irrational deflection.

3. You asked “Hypothetically: doing nothing causes 78 million people to die; doing something causes 100 million to die. Which do you decide? Pretty simple, really.” which was clearly presented as a rhetorical question both in the way you worded it, which made it a false hypothetical comparison to what’s happening right now, and the followup statement “Pretty simple, really”. We are clearly not killing off more people, or just people in general, as a result of shut downs, if you really think we are then prove your implication. Your hypothetical was rhetorical nonsense and not a serious question, it was a dangling fishing line trolling for a sucker, no one bit at your trolling so now your whining?

Your all three of your questions (why now & see the difference & which do you decide) were either directly answered, directly addressed or appropriately ignored. Just because you don’t like the replies doesn’t mean the replies weren’t there and weren’t appropriate.

Lastly, I really don’t give a damn if you agree with me, I have disagreements all the time with others – that’s part of life, but if you’re going to try to debate me in this kind of forum you better make a change in rhetoric and bring on your “A” game because the stuff you’ve presented so far is failing terribly. I’ll be around if you want more rhetorical poundings, heck you might even be getting close to earning a coveted Gotch Academy participation award.

Good day sir.

13. dad29 says:

COVID-19 has already proven that it’s extremely infectious

The Evers approach may actually be the optimum-path solution, according to some research which shows that EARLY and HEAVY restrictions work best.

But of course, it’s non-falsifiable. Evers’ Acting Health Sec’y claims that his action will save X,000 lives. She could also say it will have saved 2,000,000 lives; no one knows. Trump could claim that his action saved 100 million lives. No one can prove otherwise.

Have a couple strong drinks, put your Haughty Righteousness back in its cage.

• dad29 wrote, “The ‘extreme’ has to do with zero vaccinations and zero immunity. All the rest is just like flu–including the results.

It would be useful for you to get a grip on reality. The ChinaFlu will NOT infect 330 million Americans, so even at your high-end !% guesstimate (you do not KNOW the denominator) there will not be 3.3 million dead bodies littering hospital corridors.”

Talk about the point of a comments completely blowing over the heads of readers, you sir take the cake. I’m not biting.

You should have remembered this a few comments ago, “It’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.”

Since you seem to be intentionally reading in dumba** and I’m writing in English, I think we’re done on this topic. You get the last word, let’s see how you choose to use it.

Chatcha later.

14. AnonyBob says:

Far be it from me to get in the way of two of my usual…antagonists…tearing into each other, BUT, Dad, you are flat out wrong when you claim “All the rest is just like flu–including the results.” The mortality rate is 10x higher, at LEAST, than flu. And the flu doesn’t hospitalize 20% of the people who get it. Hospitals are about to be completely overwhelmed. Hope you don’t need a respirator when your time comes. Ignore Italy all you want. Get back to me in a week with your “just like flu” head-in-the-sand-ism. The only silver lining to this is that Trump-supporting red states, led by reluctantly reacting GOP governors, will suffer more than blue states led by proactive Dem governors. Darwinian, indeed. Y’all need to go line up with Texas’ Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and get out of the way of the rest of us trying to survive.

• Kooter says:

Except that Italy is a fail(ing) EU state. Will be interesting to see the divergence between it at the US.
      My hope: 20 years from now the Sheep that embraced more Government during this crisis will realize their error and we’ll see less government. Hey, I’m an optimist!

• dad29 says:

The mortality rate is 10x higher, at LEAST, than flu.

Look, pal, until you have a VALID DENOMINATOR, you can’t make that case or any other one.

And the flu doesn’t hospitalize 20% of the people who get it.

Denominator? Hello?? What if 50 million US inhabitants actually DID have the virus–which you do not know?

A couple of Profs/Medicine from Stanford published an essay today which points out the rude fact that nobody but nobody knows what the denominator actually is. Related: when did the disease get to the USA? Are you SURE?? Because if it was here 30 or 60 days earlier, the DENOMINATOR is different…….again.

Regardless of the opinion of this blog’s host, Chinese brought gifts to Italy, the land of superannuated smokers (and heavy pollution-breathers)–which affected those classes of people heavily. Not the kids, not the middle-aged except those with pre-existings; and no matter what you’re told by the propagandists, Italian hospitals are NOT all that good. Better than most, not nearly as good as ours. See also: “Denominator.”

The Supercilious Holy Blowhard “Witherspoon” appears to have given up. Maybe he taped all his doors and windows shut, too, which will make all of Madistan so much quieter.

15. Paul says:

Just a point…even using your 20% Hospitalization rate, 457 (current cases) times 20% is 91 hospitalizations. CDC estimates 10 to 15% hospitalizations. That’s lets say 68 beds needed. Current ICU beds in WI hospitals is 2500 per the Secretary of DHS. All hospital beds are around 12,000 with 58% occupancy at all times, which leaves 5500 beds available. Larger population centers should have a wider base of ICU beds than lets say the northern part of the state. They should have the beds to cover. AND, we are not adding new positives at the same rate as before. Its a good trend and may be grounds for review of how difficult it has become and will on our states employees and small businesses.

16. Kooter says:

I’ve answered all your questions. I think you’ve answered mine although it gets a little murky with all those paragraphs. I’ll check in with you again in the next week or two as the economic cost of all these shutdowns starts piling up. I hope I’m wrong, but doubt I am.

• dad29 says:

He’s a typical troll. HIt him with fact, he goes sideways fast. And yes, he likes to spray a lot of text in hopes that his lack of facts isn’t noticed. It’s called “word salad.” I hate that from Holier-Than-Thou twits.

• dad29 wrote, “He’s a typical troll. Hit him with fact, he goes sideways fast. And yes, he likes to spray a lot of text in hopes that his lack of facts isn’t noticed. It’s called “word salad.” I hate that from Holier-Than-Thou twits.”

It’s interesting that one of the few times that I’ve disagreed with dad29 on a major topic and this is the kind of accusatory BS rhetoric, hate and name-calling he spews about me. We disagree dad29, grow a pair and get over yourself.

• Kooter wrote, “Stevie 4:20: the more you bluster, the more you appear unhinged (are you a never Trumper?). The more you hide behind phrases like “false equivalency” and “rhetorical questions” the less you are taken seriously. The more words you use to make your point, the less intelligent you appear. So calm down, stop hiding and use your interior editor (or have someone proof read before you post), you’ll live longer and make us happier.”

That is exactly what ideologically consumed progressives do when they run out of intelligent arguments in a debate, it’s actually pretty rare that progressives have intelligent arguments, they attack the messenger with ad hominems.

If you would like to know more about my opinions than what you’re reading in this thread I suggest you read some of my blog Society’s Building Blocks,
      Critically Thinking About Things That Change Society
      it might widen your current skewed tunnel vision. My most recent blog title will give you an idea of what you’re going to read, Testing for Acute Propaganda-Induced Anti-Trump Hysteria Syndrome.

Expand your tunnel vision Kooter.

17. AnonyBob says:

Dad and Koots: pretty impressive how harshly you’ve turned on one of your own. There’s a lesson there, eh Spoons?
    And Dad, you vaguely have a point about denominators. No one knows a whole buncha things about this virus. Why do you choose to err on the side of skepticism when so much is at risk? I’m mean, why side with the pathological Liar-in-Chief instead of…science? Good luck in that pew on Easter. Hope there’s a respirator available when you need one, but there probably won’t be.

18. Kooter says:

“.. turned on one of your own”: please explain.

• Kooter wrote, ““.. turned on one of your own”: please explain.”

Kooter,
      In AnonyBob’s eyes I am a far right wing-nut Trump supporting racist Conservative and you’re way out in right field calling me an “unhinged Never-Trumper”; therefore, in his eyes righties are eating their own in exactly the same way that lefties eat their own when they veer from lefty cant. This is exactly what happens when tunnel visioned people look at the world through permanently attached industrial-strength weapons-grade thickened & hardened ideological blinders. #Cornelius Gotchberg

The actual truth is that I’m a critically thinking independent that does his damn best to remain as independent as possible in these hyper partisan times and I think it’s kinda hilarious when tunnel visioned “righties” attack me in the same way that tunnel visioned “lefties” attack me. When people get their collective heads out of their asses and stop trying to label a person based on one opinion then maybe, just maybe, they can peel off pieces of those permanently attached industrial-strength weapons-grade thickened & hardened ideological blinders and see reality.

FYI Kooter; This is one of the very few threads on Blaska’s blog where AnonyBob has actually discussed things using data or facts or anything to support his usual anti-Conservative partisan trolling. It’s refreshing and I commend him for it. AnonyBob asked me in his comment above, “There’s a lesson there, eh Spoons?” My answer is no, there’s no lesson for me Bob, this happens to independently minded people routinely, it’s annoying but to be expected in these hyper partisan times. Maybe there should be lessons for those that jump straight to partisanship.

People disagree, get over it.

19. Kooter says:

If that’s the case (A-bob), it’s an awfully black and white version of life. In my experience, the world is a lot more grey. Unhinged is unhinged, regardless of political persuasion.

• Kooter wrote, “Unhinged is unhinged, regardless of political persuasion.”

True that unhinged is unhinged; however, you appear to be using the word unhinged when you disagree or don’t like what’s being said not because it’s actually “unhinged”, you’re using it as an ad hominem to attack the messenger – you’re arguing like a progressive. Unhinged doesn’t mean what you appear to think it means.

Unhinged: mentally unbalanced; deranged.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )