Reduce state aid for cop defunders?
As reported by WisPolitics.com, the Wisconsin State Senate voted on a bill that would reduce shared revenue for communities that reduce their spending on law enforcement while also backing measures that restrict the use of chokeholds by police officers and require officers to report colleagues who use excessive force.
Senate Bill 119 would reduce shared revenue for communities that reduce spending on the hiring, training and retention of law enforcement, fire departments or emergency medical responders.
Senate Minority Leader Janet Bewley (D-Mason) and bill co-sponsor Sen. Van Wanggaard (R-Racine) debate the issue.
Always be blogging
— Glengarry Glen Blaska
The corrolary of Gresham’s Law is that bad information drives out good. — the Head Groundskeeper.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” – Voltaire
“Progressives’ great talent is policing — and they are always on patrol.” — Peggy Noonan
“Populism is best understood as the politics of the mob.” — Jonathan Goldberg.
‘Inside every Progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out’ — David Horowitz
“The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.”
— John Roberts, chief justice of the U.S., 2007.
Madison crime 2020
- Shots fired up 74%
- Burglaries up 21%
- Stolen Vehicles up 47%
- Theft from autos up 22%
- Homicides + 150% (10 compared to 4)
- Total offenses known to police down 5%
Crime raging in
Milwaukee homicides up 95%
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Wrong we can handle, stupid we can’t June 17, 2021
- Progressives are shameless scolds June 16, 2021
- Let’s find the root cause of progressivism June 15, 2021
- Put the meeting disrupters in jail June 13, 2021
- Blaska gets out of Facebook jail June 12, 2021
- What to do with that state surplus! June 11, 2021
- Know any one can make it rain? June 10, 2021
- Rooting around for root causes in all the wrong places June 10, 2021
- Republicans’ Proposed Tax Cuts A Boon To Wisconsin’s Economy
- Budget Blog: Breaking News – JFC To Approve Up To $4 Billion in Tax Cuts
- Use “Unprecedented” Surplus To Move Wisconsin To A Fair Flat Tax
- Questionable Curriculum: Elmbrook School Board Tables Controversial Equity Non-Negotiables That Resemble Critical Race Theory
- WisDems: How The Biden agenda delivered for Wisconsin this week
- Mayor Rhodes-Conway: Proposes millions in federal funds to support housing, shelter, businesses, youth, and violence prevention
- Alderwoman Coggs: Long overdue, Juneteenth finally becomes a federal holiday
- Gov. Evers: Takes action on two bills
- Sen. Agard: Republican budget proposal is missing the mark
- WEDA: Applauds Joint Finance Committee for passage of talent attraction initiative
Favorite on-line reads