Two 14-yr-olds steal, wreck SUV
Two 14-year-old boys were arrested at 7:35 Monday morning (02/24/2020) in the West Towne Mall parking lot after being involved in two hit-and-run crashes while driving a SUV that was stolen from the 1800 block of Beld St. this morning.
The BMW’s owner had started it around 7:45 a.m., and left it to warm up for a few minutes. When he came out of his home, it was gone.
An hour later, witnesses were reporting the BMW driving recklessly in the parking lot of the BP gas station, 699 S. Gammon Rd. When officers arrived, they learned the BMW had just been involved in a hit-and-run crash in nearby Wendy’s parking lot, 633 S. Gammon Rd. Moments later, it was involved in a second crash at the intersection of S. Gammon Rd. and Odana Rd.
A witness next old police the SUV was in the West Towne Mall lot, but now stopped. The teens were forced to take off on foot as the BMW was now significantly damaged, and no longer drivable.
Officers chased the teens and took them to the Juvenile Reception Center on tentative charges to include operating a motor vehicle without owner’s consent.
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- ‘Unlearning whiteness’ in the Madison schools February 25, 2020
- Is this the best Madison’s public schools can do? February 25, 2020
- 9-year-old asks Mayor Pete to help him tell the world he’s gay February 24, 2020
- Bloomberg’s nanny state would control your boobs February 23, 2020
- Are Democrats ‘bound for disaster’? February 22, 2020
- Arrogant law prof wants to neuter the voters’ decision February 20, 2020
- Bloomberg was stopped and frisked in Dem’s debate February 20, 2020
- Nothing Bloombergs on Astroturf February 19, 2020
- Democrats Publish List Of 7 Progressive Virtues: Envy, Greed, Pride, Lust, Outrage, Sloth, Gluten-Free Gluttony
- Heroic Trump Saves Indian Woman From Sniper's Bullet Aimed Directly At Her Forehead
- Doom Eternal's Final Boss Demon Revealed To Be Kenneth Copeland
- Russians Declare Election Too Chaotic For Them To Successfully Interfere
Our Favorite On-Line Reads