Reduce state aid for cop defunders?
As reported by WisPolitics.com, the Wisconsin State Senate voted on a bill that would reduce shared revenue for communities that reduce their spending on law enforcement while also backing measures that restrict the use of chokeholds by police officers and require officers to report colleagues who use excessive force.
Senate Bill 119 would reduce shared revenue for communities that reduce spending on the hiring, training and retention of law enforcement, fire departments or emergency medical responders.
Senate Minority Leader Janet Bewley (D-Mason) and bill co-sponsor Sen. Van Wanggaard (R-Racine) debate the issue.
Always be blogging
— Glengarry Glen Blaska
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” – Voltaire
“Progressives’ great talent is policing — and they are always on patrol.” — Peggy Noonan
“Populism is best understood as the politics of the mob.” — Jonathan Goldberg.
‘Inside every Progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out’ — David Horowitz
“The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.”
— John Roberts, chief justice of the U.S., 2007.
Madison crime 2020
- Shots fired up 74%
- Burglaries up 21%
- Stolen Vehicles up 47%
- Theft from autos up 22%
- Homicides + 150% (10 compared to 4)
- Total offenses known to police down 5%
Crime raging in
Milwaukee homicides up 95%
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Progressives are shameless scolds June 16, 2021
- Let’s find the root cause of progressivism June 15, 2021
- Put the meeting disrupters in jail June 13, 2021
- Blaska gets out of Facebook jail June 12, 2021
- What to do with that state surplus! June 11, 2021
- Know any one can make it rain? June 10, 2021
- Rooting around for root causes in all the wrong places June 10, 2021
- Who is that tall dark stranger there? June 8, 2021
- Nation's Teenage Boys Suddenly Much Less Interested In Finding Victoria's Secret Catalog In The Mail
- Biden To Begin Drone Striking Any Reporter Who Asks Him A Reasonable Question.
- Federal Judge Rules That Jewish Baker Must Make 'Death To Israel' Cake For Arab Customer
- Biden Humiliates Putin By Besting Him In Ice Cream Eating Contest
- Wisconsin Family Council: U.S. Supreme Court says government can’t discriminate against faith-based adoption agencies
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin, colleagues: Question PhRMA’s lobbying efforts to block policies that would lower drug costs for millions of Americans
- Committee to Protect Health Care: Wisconsin doctors celebrate Supreme Court ruling upholding ACA for patients’ health
- Wisconsin EMS Association: JFC budget actions regarding EMS in Wisconsin
- Dane County: Starts new phase of climate change mitigation project to reduce Yahara Lakes flooding risk
- U.S. Rep. Fitzgerald: Statement on AUMF repeal
Favorite on-line reads