Actually, we’re not surprised at all!
“Liberal, female and minority: America’s new gun owners aren’t who you’d think,” CNN reports.
Don’t they watch the Packers?
15-year-old locked and loaded
On Sunday afternoon 09-25-22, Madison police were dispatched to the 5700 block of Raymond Rd. for a report of a man being chased by another man with a firearm.
As officers began to flood the area, a suspect description was given by the 911 caller.
One officer indicated that the suspect may have been heading onto Russett Rd. Another officer, who was traveling on Russett Rd. from the opposite direction indicated that he saw a group of individuals, at least one of whom matched the suspect description from the gun call, who were running from the area.
The officers believed that these subjects were likely involved, due to the description and proximity, as well as the fact that the suspects immediately began to run upon seeing officers.
Immediately, two officers began pursuing one subject who they thought was likely the suspect. This foot chase lead through yards and courtyards of apartment complexes in the area, and ultimately was stopped when officers caught the suspect trying to hop a fence.
As officers took this suspect into custody, they located a loaded and chambered .40 caliber firearm on his person.
The subject was later revealed to be 15 years old, and the gun was determined to have been stolen previously in the City of Madison.
After investigation, it was learned that the 15 year old was not believed to be the original subject of the first weapons call, and that investigation is ongoing. The 15 year old was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center (JRC) on charges of Possession of a Dangerous Weapon by a Person Under 18, Possession of a Stolen Firearm, and Resisting Arrest.
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Stabbed in the back! October 1, 2022
- Gone missing in Madison’s public schools September 29, 2022
- Are Madison insurrectionists getting off lightly? September 28, 2022
- If you worry about crime you’re guilty September 27, 2022
- Early voting, early endorsing? September 25, 2022
- Are they trying to lose? September 22, 2022
- They’d rather fight than think September 21, 2022
- The little white church binds generations of family September 19, 2022
Got a tip?
Get Blog e-mailed!
Join 920 other followers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- K-12 Literacy Governance Climate
- Commentary on Wisconsin K-12 Exam Results
- Two new books examine the ordinary roots of our extraordinary regime of high-tech monitoring.
- Notes on Wisconsin Choice schools and exam outcomes
- In scrubbed piece about Edward Snowden, the Bezos Post offers a preview of how history will be re-written
Law … and OrderMy Tweets