We’re trying to move on, really we are.
• But when JUST LAST NIGHT (06-05-21) #45 calls the 2020 presidential election “the crime of the century.”
• When many of the delegates to the Georgia Republican party convention boo their own governor.
• When Trump’s chief of staff proposed blaming Italians for the defeat *
• When the defeated ex-President himself expects to be reinstated in August … well … (as Steve Martin would say)
EX-CUUUUUSE MEEEE !!!!
Fond du Lac County is one of the most vital county Republican parties in Wisconsin. Its chair said a commission should have investigated the (pick one) attempted insurrection, riot, breach of the Capitol on January 6. Rohn Bishop (who named a daughter “Reagan”) tells RightWisconsin he wants answers to these questions:
- What was President Donald Trump doing during the riot?
- Was it Vice President Mike Pence who called out the National Guard ?
- Did the Secret Service have the vice president surrounded with guns drawn?
- How close did the mob get to the vice president? Was the Secret Service preparing to open fire?
- Did House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) call the president? And what was Trump’s response? Did he really say, “Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are?”
- Did Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) not have enough security on staff? If so, why?
- Did the Capitol police let protesters in? If not, please explain the videos that seem to indicate police did? And if they did, why did they?
Blaska would add: How much of it was pre-planned? (A poster promoting the January 6 “rally” — with a figure of Trump facing the Capitol — promised to “pull the whole thing down! It will be biblical!”) How many of the (pick one) insurrectionists, rioters, breachers believed they were doing it at Trump’s orders? Or are the prevalence of Trump battle flags sufficient evidence? Progress is being made. Fewer are blaming Antifa or other false flag operations.
* Trump chief of staff Mark “Meadows asked Jeffrey A. Rosen, then the acting attorney general, to examine …a … theory that people in Italy had used military technology and satellites to remotely tamper with voting machines in the United States and switch votes for Mr. Trump to votes for Joseph R. Biden Jr.” (Source here.)
Whether Congress should have investigated itself is another question. It could have appointed another Warren Commission, for all the good that did. There are still people who believe the Mafia, Big Oil, and LBJ ordered the hit. Some of this will come out in criminal cases now wending their way through the courts. Various news media outlets will compile their own report. But we’re in a place where consumers can pick which news they want to believe like breakfast cereal at the mega warehouse store. As to whether it was an unarmed insurrection, USA Today reports:
“The U.S. Department of Justice has charged at least three people on gun charges stemming from the January 6 riot, including one whom prosecutors said Metro police found carrying a loaded handgun with an extra magazine. …A bomb squad also recovered 11 Molotov cocktails from [one suspect’s] truck, according to the affidavit, and [the suspect] also was carrying two handguns.”
“On January 7, the day after the riot, the FBI investigated a text message that Cleveland Meredith, of Georgia, allegedly sent claiming that he was considering going to Pelosi’s speech “and putting a bullet in her noggin on Live TV.” Meredith told the FBI that he arrived from Colorado in Washington too late for the Capitol riot. FBI agents discovered a pistol, assault rifle “and approximately hundreds of rounds of ammunition” during a search of Meredith’s trailer.”
Seriously, you expect all those Trump supporters to be unarmed? Fact is, for all the criticism, the U.S. Capitol on January 6 was better policed than Madison was last June — or the insurrection would have been much worse.
We do feel that WI Sen. Ron Johnson distanced himself from the nut-cakery quite a bit at the Second District Congressional Caucus in Madison Saturday (06-05-21). (Listen to his speech.) And he is personally close to #45. Delegate Blaska wants to hear one speaker from the podium lead the Republican state convention on June 26: “Repeat after me: the 2020 presidential election was Not stolen.”
Blaska’s Bottom Lines: Someday, one of the national Republican leaders will tell Trump to quit the crazy.
Who will it be?
Someday, the Republican Party of Wisconsin will strike an award for courage in the name of Rohn Bishop.