The head groundskeeper sez: The U.S. Senate should be thankful Ron Johnson called for reading Biden’s $1.9 trillion Covid and Pork bill rather than Dr. Seuss.
At what point will the teachers unions piss off even committed progressives on the Left? Even the WI State Journal, tiptoeing through the tulips of the Peoples’ Republic (lest it be subjected to a consumer boycott), emblazoned this headline over today’s (03-09-21) editorial:
Stop stalling and get kids back in class
The edit notes that Las Vegas schools opened after 18 suicides through December. That private schools have been open all school year. That minority students are suffering the most. Madison’s schools were scheduled to reopen a tiny crack today, a full year into the coronavirus lockdown. Kindergartners, only!
It is time that the Education Establishment get a vigorous shaking up. Time to elect Deb Kerr over Jill Underly.
The raised fist of brute force
Thursday 03-04-21 Madison’s unionized teachers protested the reopening. Notice the raised fists in the video that the union itself posted. What do they want? Each and every district employee fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The WI State Journal reports today:
District officials have said a number of safety measures have been put in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, ahead of Tuesday’s reopening date. The average number of students to a classroom will be 8-10 students, Stanford said, and student desks will be distanced inside of the classroom.
Madison may be in thrall to the teachers union but our guess here is that the rest of Wisconsin is not. Voters on April 6 can send a broadside against the greedy education establishment by electing Deb Kerr as the statewide superintendent of public instruction over teachers union plant Jill Underly.
Free at last!
Until launching her campaign last June, Deb Kerr was the superintendent of the Brown Deer school district. Signs are that Kerr has quit trying to be Democrat lite. Best thing to happen to her candidacy is Democrat(ic) party operatives Michael Maistelman and Brandon Savage quitting her campaign. (More here.) Indications are she has taken on some of Tommy Thompson’s winning team to replace them.
We hope Kerr has learned NOT to apologize and NOT to play the Left’s “Everyone is a victim” game. Deb has to hit Underly often and hard. This is her message:
- Kerr is for kids, families, and teachers; in that order. Underly is bought and paid for by the teachers union.
- Kerr is for opening all schools now. Underly think urban districts need more time to open (forget that the pandemic has been here for a year).
- Kerr trusts parents to make the best choice for their kids; charter, choice, virtual or regular bricks and mortar schools. Underly opposed charter and choice.
- Kerr has a plan to improve outcomes for minority students. Her district was 80% minority and she got results.
- Kerr has bipartisan support. Underly is endorsed by WEAC and the Democrat Party of Wisconsin.
- Kerr thinks biological girls should compete against each other in competitive sports. Transgender kids should have an opportunity to compete against each other.
Her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kerr4kids.