The Climate Change bugaboo
How did we get from reality to Greta Thunberg, Joe Biden and a Bloomberg columnist who says Exxon “threatens the continuation of human life on earth”?
Decades ago, casual theorizing suggested global warming might cause the oceans to stop circulating and North America to freeze over, giving rise to the 2004 cinematic and scientific disaster of a movie known as “The Day After Tomorrow.” …
A book by Steven Koonin, a theoretical physicist and chief scientist of the Obama Energy Department, demonstrat[es] what the science — the plain, recognized, consensus science — says about climate change: It won’t be catastrophic. It’s unlikely to be influenced in a major way by policy actions. — Holman Jenkins in the Wall Street Journal.
‘More [road] salt,
less [social] justice’
— constituent to defeated Ald. Rebecca Kemble (as reported by Dylan Brogan)
See our new feature “Battle for the GOP” in the menu bar up top.
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Who do you blame for your white privilege? April 16, 2021
- Breathe deeply: smell that freedom! April 15, 2021
- Justice by any means necessary? April 15, 2021
- Progressive priorities are killing Madison April 14, 2021
- Our Question of the Day April 14, 2021
- Visit the Experimental Work Farm April 13, 2021
- News media scolds police chief for calling it a ‘Riot’ April 13, 2021
- Our lawn just got interesting April 13, 2021
- Job Center Now Open Inside Robert E. Ellsworth Correctional Center
- Dept. of Health Services: Improved COVID-19 hospital data webpage
- Institute for Reforming government: State and national groups call on lawmakers to support course access for struggling students
- U.S. Rep. Kind: Calls on Wisconsin Legislature to put aside partisan politics and expand BadgerCare
- Marquette University: IWL Pay Equity Series to discuss paid family and medical leave April 20
- U.S. Rep. Gallagher: Reintroduces bipartisan, bicameral plan to rescue troubled federal trust funds
Favorite on-line reads