This 10 year old survived the slaughter
KENS 5 News in San Antonio spoke with one of the few survivors from the fourth grade class at Robb Elementary, who wanted to share what happened to his classmates. “We have a door in the middle, and he opened it and came in and crouched a little bit and said, ‘It’s time to die,’” the 10-year-old remembered.
“When he shot, it was very loud and it hurt my ear. When I saw the bullets on the floor it was real. And when I heard the shooting through the door, I told my friend to hide under something so he wouldn’t find us. I was hiding hard and I was telling my friend not to talk because he was going to hear us. The cops said [shout] ‘help’ if you need help. And then one of the persons in my class said ‘help,’ and the guy overheard and he came in and shot her. And then the cops barged in into that classroom, and then the guy shot the cops and the cops just started shooting at him. …
[Ms. Irma and Ms. Eva] were nice teachers, and they went in front of my classmates to help and save them. I would like to say for every kid and parent to be safe.”
Assembly Speaker Robin Vos open to arming teachers in schools.
The massacre at Robb elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, 05-24-22 has produced the usual demands to “do something.” We share the impulse and the anger, but what specifically to do? …
So-called red-flag laws that give police the ability to deny guns to people who may pose a risk to the community have been useful in some cases. But they are hard to enforce, as we recently learned in Buffalo. New York state has a red-flag statute, and Payton Gendron was even referred for mental counseling. He still got a gun. — Wall Street Journal.
The statement that the Second Amendment is not absolute is certainly true. There are laws that can be crafted within the confines set out under controlling Supreme Court precedent. … President Biden repeated his claim that certain weapons were prohibited at the time that the Second Amendment was ratified. That is simply untrue. — law professor Jonathan Turley.
A new sheriff in town?
Anthony Hamilton, a detective with the Dane County Sheriff’s office is running for sheriff as a Republican against incumbent Kalvin Barrett. Any eligible voter in Dane County can sign his nomination paper. Detective Hamilton needs 500 valid signatures by Wednesday, June 1. Public safety is a top priority for voters this years as crime has skyrocketed. Hamilton Nomination Paper.
The committee has at least one witness who’s said Trump was voicing approval of the “Hang Mike Pence” chants. Another key witness was asked about that last week and confirmed that Trump aide Meadows shared that with colleagues. https://t.co/cSr5ZdhPS0
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) May 25, 2022
Donald Trump’s political revenge campaign hit a wall in Georgia on Tuesday, as Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger easily defeated Trump-backed challengers. The question now is whether the former President will continue his vendetta by trying to defeat both men in November. — Wall Street Journal.
It takes courage
People of Ukraine
Finland and Sweden
President Andrzej Duda of Poland
Mike Pence “conservative, but not angry about it.”
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp
Poland and the Czechs
Speaker Robin Vos
FdL Co. GOP chair Rohn Bishop
Who we missing?
Help Max Blaska and Karla S. Bryant adapt Stephen King’s “Last Rung On the Ladder” into a video feature. Crowd fund it here and pick the perk and the amount you wish to donate from the column on the right.
Got a tip?
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Our schools are unarmed and dangerous May 27, 2022
- Hey teacher, quit experimenting with our kids May 26, 2022
- Sure, ‘Something must be done!’ But what? May 25, 2022
- Are Madison schools deceiving parents? May 24, 2022
- WI Republicans move on from Trump May 23, 2022
- Progressives demand return of ballot drop boxes May 22, 2022
- Will cell phones be banned at Madison schools? May 22, 2022
- ‘No endorsement’ hurts Kleefisch May 21, 2022
- Sen. Cowles: Applauds new sexual assault kit tracking database
- U.S. Sen. Johnson: Introduces legislation to protect American sovereignty against World Health Organization
- Rewind: Your Week in Review for May 27
- Rep. Pope: GOP calls for arming educators, ignores lifesaving reform
- Dept. of Natural Resources: Seeking public comment on Green Tier contract with 3M Menomonie
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin: Senator Baldwin, colleagues introduce legislation to bolster made in America solar manufacturing
Favorite on-line reads