We’re out of here!

It’s all too beautiful. Indigenous Peoples’ summer in Wisconsin is as good as it gets. Temps in the low 70s F. Colors peaking. Getting on the Harley Softail Slim for a ride through Iowa County today with some buds, capped off with a barley pop at the Hyde Store in Ridgeway. No masks.

They’re voting with their feet. Over 1,000 student are bailing out of Madison public schools — a 3.7% hit. It’s a stampede, considering that the district lost only 33 students the year before. Thank the Cops Out of School radicals for that and the incessant BLM brainwashing. Even so, Madison voters will approve the $317 million building referendum and the $33 million operating upper in the November 3 referenda. Because it’s Madison. Which will only feed more flight next school year. It’s the great sorting out.

Just when Blaska writes that our Lefty acquaintances imagine right-wing putsches in the nearest beer hall, the Feds uncover a right-wing putsch in a nearby state. We do hope the nut jobs who planned to kidnap the governor of Michigan and hold her for trial in their hideout in Columbia County WI intended no physical harm. Maybe just force her to sign a document ceding the Upper Peninsula over to Wisconsin, its rightful owner. And now (as Sollozzo said to Tom Hagen) you can go.

The sports jabberers were unanimous that the Packers’s greatest need was to dip into the receiver-rich draft. They were dumbfounded (as was this team owner) when they took a pass (so to speak). Maybe the team brass knows what they’re doing after all. Averaging an NFL-best 38 points per game is proof enough.

Uncle JoeHe is his own worst enemy; we’ve said it many times. “There’s a lot of Trump fatigue,” Peggy Noonan writes. “People miss normal.” Which is why America will vote for Old Uncle Joe. “He’s moving kind of slow at the Junction. Petticoat Junction.” Keep the Senate and America will survive. If not, welcome Puerto Rico and 13 Supreme Court justices.

Blaska’s Bottom LineWe’re still seeing lone bicyclists wearing those face diapers under a 10-mile high sky. Too much CNN, people!

44 Responses to We’re out of here!

1. Gg Mo says:

“The strange busting of a “plot to kidnap” the Michigan governor is all the stranger knowing that the FBI has paid one of the “plotters” some $8,000. Is this yet another FBI-created and FBI-busted “terror” plot?
    As Jim Bovard writes at the link, “The alleged Michigan plot is almost too idiotic to believe. The alleged conspirators purportedly planned to kidnap Gov. Whitmer and take her to Wisconsin for a private trial. This is on par with the 2006 FBI-fabricated terror plot of the Liberty City Seven, where an informant swayed a bunch of dimwits to babble about blowing up government buildings. That group was so knuckle-headed that they asked the informant for military uniforms and wanted to conduct a parade.” But infiltrations and psyops don’t exist in *so-snd-so’s (name your “side”) America.
    The “plot” exposed. http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2020/october/10/two-types-of-terror-in-michigan/?fbclid=IwAR21SGvhnWZHuDfCcP6j9HDiDRYyjbZu5RcDHFuFLuhr2szH3mDYWcgQk4w

“Over 1,000 student are bailing out of Madison public schools — a 3.7% hit.”

Blaska’s Bottom Line/04/12/2019:

Blaska bet Muldrow $50 that the Open Enrollment statistics three years hence will show more Madison residents fleeing district schools than the net 804 leaving this school year.

I’VE ALREADY SPENT THE $50, ALI. (bolds/caps/italics mine)

The Hyde Store Barley Pops should be your treat…

• Amos Roe says:

Gotch, thanks for that flashback. I wasn’t reading David’s blog back then and MAN what
      an improvement in the comments sections now vrs then. It’s the direct reverse
      from places where I used to find useful and thoughtful dialogue, which, under the psychosis of TDS, have gradually just turned into endless echo chamber of personal insults over the last four years.

It’s good to find a local blog where issues of substance are actually being discussed, for the most part, between adults. Wow, what a difference a couple of years can make!

You find The Gotch’s style of writing hard to appreciate yet find value in his ability to summon historical references?

Fair enough; something to build on…?

Which blogges did you formerly frequent?

• Amos Roe says:

Correct, Gotch. I think there is a big difference between style and substance.

No blogs per se, Common Dreams and Alternet were the daily ones when it comes to comments. Some other ones too, on occasion. At one time (hard to remember it was so long ago!) both those sites offered many useful articles, along with some very informed comments. Not much trolling at all I did spend a lot of time challenging people, mostly regarding education, guns and big government, rather than just being part of the choir. Likewise, I’ve always appreciated being exposed to new ways of thinking much more than just offering my own. That never happens when everyone just agrees with each other. I once had a friend who was finishing up his PHD here at UW Madison before heading off to be a history prof out East, and he was the only person I’ve ever met who had the ability to argue over an issue passionately for 5+ hrs straight, and then, at the end of all that, just suddently say “you’re right.” Then we’d move on to something else the next time. Really miss him and don’t expect to ever find another friend like that.

I mentioned living out in Sauk County, which was actually very much like the rural northern Il environment I grew up in. Out in Sauk, we fought over very significant issues, but a basic respect for the other person remained, all other things being equal. I once taught a family of boys, whose parents were politically much different from me in some ways. After they had grown up/moved away, their mother later told me that during that time she had friends who said “how can you possibly let your kids take from Amos?” She told them I was a good piano teacher and she just ignored all my inflammatory letters to the editor. Her husband, who was a raving right winger -which I was not – would go far out of his way to help me when I needed it. Isn’t that really the truth about so many folks who support Trump? Someone in a recent comment said they were still behind him because he had a “big heart” and I totally agree. Isn’t this also why the Walkaway movement started? Decent people who thought they were “on the left” finally woke up to the reality of what was in front of their very eyes day after day, and they finally had to reject the media lies that they had been sucking down day after day. In other words, they were basic decent human beings more than just programed automatons.

Out in a place like Sauk, you can see Biden signs next to Trump signs. No one is trying to kill their neighbors over this. Here in Madison? Put up a Trump sign, or express support of Trump, and be prepared to be tarred and feathered and have your business, if not your house, attacted. Or prepare to lose your job. Some great things about Madison (bike trails, lakes, food, culture, music, etc) but this is also a city FILLED with entitled, fearful, violent and self-righteous people whom I would never trust. Of course there are exceptions, but far fewer than one should reasonably expect. It’s interesting what money and political influence will do to a place, especially when most of that money and influence comes from long-suffering taxpayers who have virtually no real access to the media. That latter point is key to everything. Remember David’s recent post regarding the Badger Herald being too fearful of the Mob to run an opinion piece?! That pretty much sums it up for Madison as a whole, IMO.

Getting back to the original issue you brought up, I really do think there is a fundamental difference between style and substance. One often is just “HEY LOOK AT ME!” while the other leads to everyone, whatever their background or insights, working together/fighting with each other to hopefully find a better future. I’m also not saying that your normal style of writing (and I noted an exception just the other day) is objectively “bad. ” It’s just not something I always appreciate. One person likes Hip-Hop, another likes Beethoven. I’m just one guy expressing an opinion and nobody is forcing me to read your posts. I read them because they sometimes do have real substance, and I’m starting to realize that you indeed have much more knowledge than you usually reveal in these posts. I wish you would share that more, rather than rely so much on just style.

Although I’ve never met you, you certainly do seem like a good man. I do especially appreciated that recent mention of your long-suffering liberal wife. 🙂

Gotch, I actually just resent you for one reason only: the fact that you’re keeping me inside here writing on some blog rather than getting outside on a day like today. Hopefully you’re not making that same mistake right now…….:-o

3. Good Dog,Happy Man says:

When the People’s Republic Of Makistan’s MMSD, (no, … although the outcome effluent sometimes smells similar, not the Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District, the other MMSD), has worse reading and math scores than Milwaukee, most sentient people, even some Lefties, are going to vote with their feet.

Teacher’s Unions don’t give a red rat’s ass for students or their parents. We’ve seen their segregation schtick before with Gov. George Wallace, Lester “Ax Handle” Maddox and Bull Connor, … “good” Democrats all, … standing in the schoolhouse doorways blocking there entrance for an equal opportunity minority education.

Now, these “good” Democrats are standing in the same doorways, only they’re blocking the exits toward school choice, vouchers and STEM academies.

I’m outta here, too. I’m going to try and find a Biden yard sign to steal in reparation for Lefties stealing my Trump sign. Wish me luck. It’s a rare bird throughout the entire Cheddarhood.

DogMan,
      Speaking of yard signs:

“Tis better to remain silent and thought a fool,
      than to put a Biden sign in your yard and remove all doubt.”

Or Muh Dawg could try THIS:

Razor Blades On Trump Sign In Michigan Slices Man’s Fingers

Most (not all) Lefties are too lazy to scratch their own keister were it killing them.

This guy now has another excuse…

• Amos Roe says:

Did you actually read the report you linked to, Gotch? That sign was on a public right away, and the guy who had his fingers sliced was a worker tasked with removing it. In other words, he just doing his job. For all I (or you) know, he could be a Trump supporter.

“Did you actually read the report you linked to”

Sure did and point taken; that part of it was unfortunate. Yet you have to wonder if the same Civic Zeal would be demanding its removal were it a “Ridin’ For Biden” sign.

The same people that are absolutely giddy with Trump Sign Theft (1st Amendment Free Speech PLUS Orange Man Bad, you know!) are positively horrified when Lefty signs are stolen, defaced, or vandalized.

Had a rash of that right here in bucolic Midvale Heights a few weeks back; heck, even a neighbor of The Gotch (who has an airtight alibi…) was so defiled.

• Gg Mo says:

LOLOL !! Too TRUE !

• Gg Mo says:

• Scott F says:

“Tried to “Like” Blaska articles/shares several times ,and (good one Batman) almost everyone here, but they don’t “take”. Does anyone know how I can remedy this.”
          Gg Mo – I have the same problem. The workaround I have found is to click on reply on the post you want to “like”, then click to sign in to your WordPress account, then refresh the current page. At that point, you should be able to “like” any of the posts. This is only a problem for me when I am reading Dave’s blog on my iPad… Hope this helps….

• Liberty says:

Batman,

Yours is the post of the MONTH! Funny, but oh so true.

That and the “Yes to schools” signs.

4. Kooter says:

Welcome Dave. All roads lead to Hyde!

5. dad29 says:

Blaska re-defines Anarchists and BLM supporter as “right-wing.” He still actually believes The Narrative of the MSM. C’mon, maaaaaaaaaaan!! Wake up! Next thing, you’ll be quoting ADL and SPLC as though they spout Holy Writ.

6. almostarepublican says:

This school board reacted to the George Floyd killing and removed police from schools. This was a mistake. The police will still be called when students break the law. Arrests will still happen. And now, instead of focusing on how to teach kids to read, the school board will have to figure out how to adjust to having no police in schools. At least covid bought them more time to figure this out. Removing the officers without a plan was just plain reckless. I’d like to know where all of those 1000 students have gone: private schools, home school, other districts? I wonder if we will ever find out.

“I’d like to know where all of those 1000 students have gone”

From: FUNDING A WORRY
      As Madison School District Enrollment Drops By More Than 1,000 Students

“A student count on the third Friday of September showed 3.7% of students had left the district. Of those who left Madison, 56% moved to another Wisconsin school district. Separately, 7% used the open enrollment process to transfer to a different Wisconsin district and 10% transferred to a private school or home-school setting, while 15% transferred out of state, according to the memo.”

LEFTYsplained? Despicably baked-in systemic RAYcism most foul!

Anywho, while he may not be alone on this, The Gotch can HARDLY WAIT to see Lefty-n-The 77 Square Miles Surrounded By A Sea Of Reality try to weave this caca into cashmere.

Glass half empty?

Except for a mercifully small pocket of loosely strewn intellectually, spiritually, ideologically, existentially, psychologically, and philosophically deplorable holdouts, Madison will swallow it whole.

Glass half full?

At least (heh!) MMSD board member Ali Muldrow’s children didn’t leave…

7. richard lesiak says:

worry about when and where you wear your own mask and leave everyone else alone.

The leave everyone else alone is no longer is no longer in any way, shape, or form, part of that enviable pool of Lefty Genes; heck, hasn’t been for a LONG time!

(bolds/caps/italics mine throughout)
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the MOST OPPRESSIVE. IT WOULD BE BETTER TO LIVE UNDER ROBBER BARONS THAN UNDER OMNIPOTENT MORAL BUSYBODIES. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; BUT THOSE WHO TORMENT US FOR OUR OWN GOOD WILL TORMENT US WITHOUT END FOR THEY DO SO WITH THE APPROVAL OF THEIR OWN CONSCIENCE. C. S. Lewis

Extra Credit: How old is this quote?

9. Leo says:

No way in hell the Stupid Party hangs on to the Senate. And little or no chance that the Spreader
    in Chief gets a second term. Trump fatigue is wide and deep. No one wants four more years of
    of insanity and chaos.

• Liberty says:

I wouldn’t get too smug & confident just yet.

About insanity and chaos, do you mean like the type that’s been occurring in progressive cities all summer? The lootings, the arson, the ambushing of police officers perpetrated by leftist domestic terrorists?

Walk downtown in Madison, NYC, Seattle, Portland, and you’ll find cities that are becoming or have become unlivable.

I’ll take the Republican’s brand of “insanity and chaos” over the Democrats’ version any day of the week.

BTW, the fatigue you mention originates from the leftist media, who conflates & lies about every word Trump utters.

• Liberty says:

I’m genuinely stumped here.

Trump has accomplished or is working on just about everything liberals used to champion: No wars, peace treaties, empowering Black Americans, no NAFTA-type trade deals, prison reform.

And OrangeMan bad? The left is offended by Trump’s loudness, but ironically and in my experience, they are some of the most mean-spirited people I’ve met.

The one thing lefties still have going for them is that they listen to mainstream media, who will manipulate into thinking things are great even as their lives are upended. I guess ignorance really is bliss, after all.

10. Liberty says:

Much of the fatigue surrounding Trump has been perpetrated by leftist media & politicians, who conflate and contort every breath he takes.

If people think the past four years has been insane, they won’t know what hit them if Harris/Biden wins. Their lives will be upended, and the dumb-dumbs don’t know it because they’re obsessed with Trump’s loudness. Ironically, I’ve noticed that those who criticize Trump are some of the most mean-spirited people I’ve met. Projecting much?

Almost everything Trump has done ironically, are things the left used to want: No wars, troops home, nix unfair free trade deals, empower black communities. They don’t realize this because after all, OrangeManBad.

11. Liberty says:

Peggy Noonan’s is just one opinion, and I can’t believe conservatives are putting so much weight on opinions. That’s what leftists do. Most of the media conflates and contorts. Please stop listening to them!

I also urge conservatives to NOT believe mainstream polls. They are following the EXACT SAME trajectory as in 2016 and are deeply flawed. Liberals want you to believe there are differences between 2016 and 2020, but there really isn’t.

Why do I remain optimistic?

Per Zogby, Trump’s approval rating is at 50%. Given this alone, how could Biden be leading with double digits?

Black support for Trump has grown. It was, what 9% in 2016? Depending on whom you listen to, it’s grown to at least 14% (per Zogby) but I’ve seen it as high as 20%.

Both Democracy Institute and Helmut Norpoth correctly called 2016. They’re calling it for Trump again this year. Unlike most mainstream pollsters, DI polls a much larger pool of LIKELY voters and is more specific on which areas in critical states it polls.

The number of new REPUBLICAN voters in critical Pennsylvania is growing at a much higher rate than for Dems.

Some polls say fewer younger people are motivated to vote this year.

Energy levels. Most recent example: 30,000 Latinos showed up for a Trump rally in Miami. There are like what? A few dozen at Biden rallies.

While I don’t think Trump will win in a landslide, this race is helluva’ lot closer than media wants you to believe. The most important thing is that you go to vote IN PERSON on November 3.

12. Dave,
    Great ride today, thanks for the invite!

13. Amos Roe says:

Not long ago I was reading on some “progressive” site about some polls in this regard. A reader pointed out that one of the cited polls was actually only polling registered Democratic voters!

I think these totally unreliable polls are part of prepping Americans to accept the results of a rigged election in November. A central part of this coup attempt (2nd time is a charm?) is also to paint Trump as the actual culprit if he refuses to accept the results.

Remember the attacks on him for claiming that 3 million votes were fraudulent? In fact, it was a well-know fact at the time that illegal immigrants in CA were actively being encouraged by the state to vote, and that they would suffer no consequences for doing this. Given the politics at that time, it’s also a given that the illegal votes had to have been nearly 100% against Trump.

Just did a quick search and here’s an update on this issue: https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/did-votes-by-noncitizens-cost-trump-the-2016-popular-vote-sure-looks-that-way/

“illegal immigrants in CA were actively being encouraged by the state to vote”

CA…the Land Of Fruit Cakes & Nut Cases?

Sheesh, even Über Lefty Bill Maher won’t pull any punches:

Maher Slams California’s ‘Super-High Taxes,’ Cites Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro As Part Of State’s EXODUS

Quoth he to Adam Shiffless (Dlerious-CA): “Look, I came out here in 1983. I found paradise. I love California. I do. I don’t want to leave, but I feel like I’m living in Italy in the 70s or something. Super high taxes, potholes in the road, fires. I don’t know what I’m getting for my super-high taxes.”

That CA is the STOOPIDEST State in our great country probably has nothing to do with it, right…?

• dad29 says:

California popular vote is–fortunately–totally irrelevant. Trump will NOT win California, but pop-vote does not change electoral vote, even if Cal pops an extra 100 million ballots (defeating Illinois’ hold on the record for illicit votes.)

It may or may not change Congressional/Senate races, however.

What is this fatigue and angst the MSM keeps going on about? Trump fans aren’t tired of winning.
    Trust me.
    Deluded people cave in.

• Liberty says:

We’re fatigued by leftist media, communist wannabes, limousine liberals, and anarchists. But Trump? No way. The energy for him has never been higher. Noonan must be confusing the two.

15. almostarepublican says:

I look forward to hearing how the school board spins this loss. No mistake, it’s a huge loss. My guess is that parents did not want to subject their school age kids to online learning.

16. madisongrrl says:

I’m more of a libertarian-leaning type of gal so I’m not on either the orange man train or the orange man bad TDS train. My vote went to Jo Jorgensen. Some of my political philosophy doesn’t align with Blaska’s, but he is very good on culture war issues and the local politics here.

In regard to Madison schools, the one thing I do know is that Malcolm X was right when he said, “Only a fool would let his enemy teach his children.” Keeping children away from statist indoctrination is imperative if we want to create a free society that is full of critical thinkers. Not only are students and their parents voting with their feet, so are the taxpaying citizens of Madison – both liberal and conservative in their politics. I hope our dear Mayor has a plan for losing her upper-income tax base because major change is in the air.

My liberal neighbor lived in Madison for 40 years. She recently sold her Northside house and left for Mauston. Her commute time will now be about an hour and fifteen minutes one way to work…but she doesn’t care because she is over the woke BS here. She can’t afford Madison anymore including her house taxes and the new wheel tax, she feels the mayor and common council don’t want her here because they don’t care about working stiff blue-collar people, and she doesn’t feel safe here with the rise in crime and the abolish the police leftist sentiment. My retired next door neighbor might have to move to a retirement community because she is being taxed out of her home. But I guess that is a small price to pay compared to the Mayor’s Green Energy Program or Bus Program, which is currently operating at a fraction of its capacity yet taking full taxpayer money, right?

I’ve lived here since 1994 and we just sold our house too. We are done with this woke leftist, high tax boondoggle. Let these crazy people have it and they can turn it into a high tax, shit hole, radical leftist city just like Seattle and Portland. They are well on their way. We will be leaving Dane county and possibly the state….and won’t have any regrets about any of it. Goodbye Madison and good luck because you are heading down a very dangerous path. You have lost your way.