Charles Barkley facing backlash following Breonna – CNN

About the Breonna Taylor shooting in Louisville KY, basketball great Charles Barkley said: “We do have to take into account that her boyfriend shot at the cops and shot a cop.”

Shaquille O’Neal, Barkley’s TNT colleague and a fellow NBA Hall of Famer, concurred.”I have to agree with Charles, this one is sort of lumped in,” said O’Neal during the broadcast.

“Everyone was asking for murder charges. When you talk about murder, you have to show intent. A homicide occurred and we’re sorry a homicide occurred. When you have a warrant signed by the judge, you are doing your job, and I would imagine that you would fire back.”

Source: Charles Barkley facing backlash following Breonna – CNN

7 Responses to Charles Barkley facing backlash following Breonna – CNN

1. Gary Kriewald says:

In the Middle Ages, this would be clalled heresy and would be punished by burning at the stake. Today, if your’re black it’s called betrayal (or if you’re white, racist) and is punished by crucifixion on social media. Plus ca change ….

Sir Charles has always been filled with himself, but he tells like it is, refreshingly sans any hint of varnish.

He has precious little patience for bull$#!t of any stripe, ergo, he won’t buckle to any Lefty pressure.

Lefty generally, and black VictimHoodie pushers specifically, don’t like it because it doesn’t service their narrative; quite the opposite, actually.

He’s TNT’s GO-TO</b on air personality, and indispensable during the men's NCAA BB Tourney, though The Gotch could do without his moronic commercials with Samuel L. Jackson and Spike Lee.

It gets worse…or BETTER, from where The Gotch is sitting, leastways.

Charles Barkley MOCKS Calls To Defund Police: ‘Who Are Black People Supposed To Call? Ghostbusters?’

It’ll be interesting to see how his employer handles this.

• Almosmostarepublican says:

Good for him for calling out the defund the police folks. I have contacted my alders and the mayor and have expressed my opposition to defunding the police. It may not do any good in Madison, but at least, I said my piece.

3. Almosmostarepublican says:

The only reason that they can say that is because they are black so I’m grateful that they said something. If I said the same thing, I’d be called a racist. I hesitate to utter these facts to my more liberal friends.

4. Roy says:

###Hi Mr. Blaska this has nothing to do with this particular Blog but there is a piece
    in Spectrum News Milwaukee 2020/09/25
    Under the Human Interest Section, Titled “LEAVE THIS BLDG. ALONE”
    There are a group of Veterans painting over the nightly graffiti on the plywood at the
    Veterans Museum. There is a go fund me listed at the end of this piece.
    Is there someway you can fit this into one of your outstanding pieces of Blog Material?
    I am not affiliated with this group but plan on contributing and offering other assistance.
    This deserves some local attention. (Don’t know how else to contact you)
    Semper Fidelis Roy

5. Ed says:

I am not surprised about Charles Barkley’s comment. As I remember in the (early?) 90s saying he would.play for the Klan if they paid him enough.

The Ghostbusters comment is priceless!!