That’s right! Blame Ron DeSantis for that shooter at the gay bar in Colorado Springs!
Public defenders representing the accused shooter disclosed in court papers made public late on Tuesday that their client identified as nonbinary and used they-them pronouns. One footnote in the filings said that “for the purposes of all formal filings,” their client “will be addressed as Mx. Aldrich.” — New York Times 11-24-22
National Review: Left-wing activists and journalists have mobilized, without evidence, to blame the Colorado Springs LGBT club shooting on conservatives. …
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez attributed the shooting to the Right’s “anti-LGBT+ campaign,” writing: “Connect the dots, @GOP.” Equality Florida press secretary Brandon Wolf told MSNBC that “right wing grifters, including politicians like Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott, they’ve been spewing this vile, hateful rhetoric about LGBTQ people . . . and we warned them that inevitably this would result in violence.” In the New York Times, columnist Michelle Goldberg argued that the shooting “seems hard to separate” from the Right’s “nationwide campaign of anti-L.G.B.T.Q. incitement.” Brian Broome wrote in the Washington Post. But “it’s right-wing rhetoric that sparks these nightmares.”
Easy on the eyes
Tulsi Gabbard might still have a following on the right if she wasn’t so easy on the eyes, but I’m willing to invite charges of sexism by simply asserting that if she wasn’t so pleasing to the male gaze, her following would be … smaller. Similarly, if Kari Lake, Sarah Palin, Tudor Dixon, Kristi Noem—all very attractive women of varying degrees of political and policy competence—looked like members of the 1972 Bulgarian women’s weightlifting team, they’d have a harder time in politics. That may be sexism at work, but the observation is just a statement of the obvious. — Jonah Goldberg
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Will we see Reagan’s like again? November 28, 2022
- No soup bowl for you! November 27, 2022
- Gerry Manders November 25, 2022
- Thanks for giving (us your eyeballs) November 23, 2022
- Experts say: Biden is not suffering from senile dementia November 20, 2022
- Madison black leaders support our police November 19, 2022
- ‘Florida Man makes announcement, Page 26!’ November 18, 2022
- Majority of Dane County Board is hard left November 17, 2022
Got a tip?
Get Blog e-mailed!
Join 918 other followers
- Conley orders Enbridge-Bad River plan to avoid a ‘catastrophic’ Line 5 rupture
- Bills targeting trans youth are growing more common — and radically reshaping lives
- Andraca passes on bid for 8th SD
- TUE AM Update: Same-sex marriage bill set for U.S. Senate vote today
- MON PM Update: Andraca passes on bid for 8th SD
Law … and OrderMy Tweets