UW-Madison student newspaper rejects op-ed opposing defunding police

The Badger-Herald, an independent student newspaper at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, rejected a conservative columnist’s op-ed arguing against defunding the police, claiming “it is too much of a hot take right now” and that it “would cause a lot of backlash.”

Editors at the Badger-Herald denied Tripp Grebe’s op-ed on the basis of its content, noting that the Editorial Board recently had published a piece endorsing BLM and endorsing candidates who want to defund the police.

“While your article was well-written, it is too much of a hot take right now.”

Source: UW-Madison Student Newspaper Rejects Op-Ed Opposing Defunding the Police, Fires Conservative Whistleblower | Young America’s Foundation

34 Responses to UW-Madison student newspaper rejects op-ed opposing defunding police

1. Diane says:

Very disappointing.

Paula Dent wrote:
    “A word to the wise: be careful about smearing people on public forums. No ad hominem attacks.”

So why did you call Liberty “a garden-variety fascist”?

• Paula Dent says:

Batman: I was expecting someone to point out that little hypocrisy. I was wrong to name-call. We all make mistakes. Some of us even learn from them.

Have a nice life, Batman… and Liberty.

3. Paula Dent says:

Stevie: You were angry because I said Trump was not duly elected. This is a possibility because of Russian interference in state voting systems, accord1ing to Vol. 1 of The Mueller Report. A possibility, not a fact, OK?

• Paula Dent wrote, “Stevie”

My name is Steve. Feel free to call me Steve or Spoons but only trolls choose to call me childish versions of my actual name. Choose wisely.

Paula Dent wrote, “You were angry because I said Trump was not duly elected. “

Angry, no. Sick and tired of people making statements of fact that are in fact lies and verifiably so. You want to continue to make verifiably false statements that’s your choice but don’t expect me to ignore statements that are obvious and verifiable lies. You made your your own bed Paula, own it.

Paula Dent wrote, “This is a possibility because of Russian interference in state voting systems, according to Vol. 1 of The Mueller Report. A possibility, not a fact, OK?”

I’m going to say this as plain as I can; that statement is an unethical rationalization and you should rally consider the fact that I’m not a blithering idiot. I completely reject your unethical “possibility” rationalization nonsense as an excuse for lying. Facts are facts, BS walks.

Lastly; if you’re going to continue to try to converse with me you better step up and start bringing you “A” game because the level of discourse you’re bring to the conversation right now is a miserable failure.

Again; you might find this test useful; Testing for Acute Propaganda-Induced Anti-Trump Hysteria Syndrome. Based on how terribly biased you appear to be, I’m guessing that you’ll answer yes to all 23 questions.

4. Gaye Stantis says:

Haven’t you heard? History has been canceled. It hurts too many feelings. UW Admin would have to bring in the fluffy service puppies to cuddle with & the hot cocoa with marshmallows. Then provide sensitivity trainers to those resurrecting pre-rewritten history (a.k.a. TRUTH)