Not Republican, not conservative, just Cult of Trump
Elise Stefanik has one of the least conservative voting records in the caucus. Her lifetime score from the conservative group Heritage Action is a mere 56 percent, compared with Cheney’s 91.
Liz Cheney voted with Trump 92.9% of the time, while Stefanik voted with Trump just 77.7% of the time. Indeed, Stefanik steadfastly opposed key elements of the Trump agenda. She voted against Trump’s singular legislative achievement — his 2017 tax reform bill — and against making his tax cuts permanent. She voted to block Trump from withdrawing from the Paris climate accords. She voted to condemn Trump for calling on the courts to invalidate the Affordable Care Act. She voted to overturn Trump’s emergency declaration at the southern border so he could fund the border wall, and then voted to override Trump’s veto of a bill that reversed his emergency declaration.
‘”Inside every Progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out”‘
— David Horowitz
Throw off the cloth!
The CDC saw fit to announce formally what people of sound mind have known for months: that Americans who have been fully vaccinated do not gain anything by slinging pieces of dirty cloth across their faces. …
The CDC’s affirmation was met with celebrations from the journalistic class and the White House, and with laughter from everyone else. — Charles C.W. Cooke, National Review.
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Man on the 20 mph-street question May 16, 2021
- Who was that (un)masked man? May 15, 2021
- The neo-Marxist racism of social justice warriors May 14, 2021
- Time to PANIC! May 13, 2021
- Saying the most unpopular and unwelcome thing May 12, 2021
- Don’t rush to judgment! He’s a progressive! May 11, 2021
- Old white man writes blog May 11, 2021
- Madison schools lower the goal posts yet again May 10, 2021
- MacIver News Bulletin – Parents Across The State Demand Schools Rescind Mask Mandates | Evers: Get Vaccinated Or You Are Killing Others
- Democrat Mayors May Have Violated Open Meetings Law During Secret Election Planning
- Superintendent Launches Secret Equity Agenda Without Approval
- Did COVID-19 Really Escape From A Lab? The Evidence Suggests It Did
- PSC session on the authority for Wisconsin Electric Power Company to discontinue service in certain areas 🗓
- PSC session on adjusting water rates for the Village of Wilton 🗓
- PSC session on adjusting water rates for the Village of Reedsville 🗓
- PSC session on adjusting water rates for the City of Shullsburg 🗓
- Assembly Committee on Corrections executive session 🗓
- Assembly Committee on Colleges and Universities public hearing 🗓
Favorite on-line reads