Progressives are going to lose New York to soaring crime
“The relentless chaos of the past few months shows that nobody cares about “progressive” issues, like bike lanes or a higher minimum wage, when crime is rising — all they care about is order. Multiple polls show: Voters’ main issue in this race is public safety.”
The (hard left) Nation: “NYC Progressives should fear an Eric Adams mayoralty.” Then again, Progressives made it possible. Chickens, welcome home to your roosts!
Reduce state aid for cop defunders?
As reported by WisPolitics.com, the Wisconsin State Senate voted on a bill that would reduce shared revenue for communities that reduce their spending on law enforcement while also backing measures that restrict the use of chokeholds by police officers and require officers to report colleagues who use excessive force.
Senate Bill 119 would reduce shared revenue for communities that reduce spending on the hiring, training and retention of law enforcement, fire departments or emergency medical responders.
Senate Minority Leader Janet Bewley (D-Mason) and bill co-sponsor Sen. Van Wanggaard (R-Racine) debate the issue.
Is RonJon the best candidate?
Sarah Isgur and Chris Stirewalt in the Dispatch:
“Ron Johnson was already in a weak position with Wisconsin voters before he got behind then-President Donald Trump’s effort to steal a second term.
Plus, there are viable Republican candidates waiting in the wings, including Rep. Mike Gallagher and former Rep. Sean Duffy.
“If Johnson opts to break his term-limit pledge, it takes a seat that would otherwise be a toss-up or even a slight GOP lean and turn it into ripe pickings for Democrats.”
Blaska’s Bottom Line: May not be fair but politics doesn’t care.
Always be blogging
— Glengarry Glen Blaska
The corrolary of Gresham’s Law is that bad information drives out good. — the Head Groundskeeper.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” – Voltaire
“Progressives’ great talent is policing — and they are always on patrol.” — Peggy Noonan
“Populism is best understood as the politics of the mob.” — Jonathan Goldberg.
‘Inside every Progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out’ — David Horowitz
“The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.”
— John Roberts, chief justice of the U.S., 2007.
Madison crime 2020
- Shots fired up 74%
- Burglaries up 21%
- Stolen Vehicles up 47%
- Theft from autos up 22%
- Homicides + 150% (10 compared to 4)
- Total offenses known to police down 5%
Crime raging in
Milwaukee homicides up 95%
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Defeating and defunding progressive cop-haters June 23, 2021
- Shouted down? June 22, 2021
- Black father takes down critical race theory June 21, 2021
- Madison schools are training race hustlers June 21, 2021
- Hope you are having a wonderful Father’s Day June 20, 2021
- Wrong we can handle, stupid we can’t June 17, 2021
- Progressives are shameless scolds June 16, 2021
- Let’s find the root cause of progressivism June 15, 2021
- Walls Of IRS Building Come Tumbling Down After Ron Paul Marches Around 7 Times Blowing Trumpets
- Awooga! We've Got All The Exclusive Pics Of Victoria's Secret's Stunning New Supermodels!
- Sesame Street Airs 4-Hour-Long Special Where The Count Counts All 471 Genders
- Fans Rejoice As Amazon Reveals Lord Of The Rings Show Will Just Be 10 Seasons About Tom Bombadil
- Ben Voelkel: Wisconsin craves real executive leadership, conservative reform
- Dan O’Donnell: Don’t believe the left: Wisconsin’s schools are fully funded
- Gregory Humphrey: Why it matters NFL player Carl Nassib announced he is gay
- LaKeshia Myers: The first step is admitting you have a problem
- Bruce Murphy: Tammy Baldwin is all about the beer
- WED News Summary: Biden to visit Wisconsin next week to talk ag, rural economies; Assembly sends election bills to Gov. Evers
Favorite on-line reads