Shooters, car thieves moving out to the ‘burbs

Homeowner fights back

This ain’t Madison, fellas! Straight from the Sheriff’s Office:

Deputies responded to a residence on Lewis Street in the village of Cross Plains after the homeowner awoke to find three unidentified individuals in the garage. The thieves opened the garage door with a garage door opener that they found in an unlocked vehicle.

The homeowner confronted the suspects, who fled on foot to a black Toyota Highlander and left the area. That vehicle was listed as stolen from the town of Middleton earlier this week.

As the suspects were fleeing, the homeowner fired one shot in the air with a handgun. The suspects returned fire. The Dane County Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Unit is processing the scene of the burglary and the total number of shots fired is still under investigation. The Toyota Highlander was recovered in Fitchburg.

The Cross Plains Police Department received several reports this morning of car break-ins overnight, which may be related to this incident. If you live in Cross Plains and believe your car was entered overnight and have not reported it, please contact the Cross Plains Police Department. Cross Plains Police will assist the Sheriff’s Office in this investigation.

Fitchburg Police have two individuals in custody that are believed to be connected to the stolen vehicle.

Blaska’s Bottom LineThis is the new “real,” people. Homeowners firing back.

38 Responses to Shooters, car thieves moving out to the ‘burbs

1. richard lesiak says:

the key word was “unlocked. Come on people.

• richard lesiak wrote, “the key word was “unlocked. Come on people.”

Yes leaving your car or home unlocked is not too smart in today’s world; however, you using that as your first and only response to this topic looks exactly like a trolling rationalization blaming the homeowner victim.

The donut maker might be onto something, Steve.

Let’s extend the breathtakingly stupid, yet entirely expected, route of blame the victim.

Had Tara Reade and Juantia Broaddrick, Monica Lewinsky, (and hundreds more) not dressed provocatively and literally asked for it, DementiaJoe and the Former Serial Sexual Predator In Chief would not have felt forced to sexually assault/rape them.

Alas, such is the crippling illogic that engulfs LaLaLoopyLoonyLeftyLand denizens, am I right?

YOU do not “extend” anything I say. I repeat “unlocked”. What part of that don’t you understand. Simple. LOCK YOUR FRIGGIN’ CAR. In your driveway unlocked with the opener in plain site. That is just plain stupid. This guy is lucky he didn’t get shot. Goootchie writes; “am I right?” No your not. And I can tell you right now that as soon as you use “donut maker” I got you. You think it’s an insult. As soon as you say it I know you got nothin’. Your hoping that your nonsense to going to strike a cord with some of the people on this site.

“No your (sic) not.” “Your (sic) hoping that your nonsense to going to strike a cord with some of the people on this site.”

Priceless!!!

The Gotch endeavors to maintain a rudimentary level of literacy, and proper English usage, in order to avoid being deemed a bespawling addlepate.

Hopefully this will “strike a cord” with some of the similarly inclined blogge followers, unlike the nonsense-prone donut maker!

• Liberty says:

I should have read Gotch’s response first about blaming the victim. He beat me to it.

Steve Witherspoon wrote, “leaving your car or home unlocked is not too smart.” No s#$t captain obvious. He also wrote, “blaming the homeowner victim.” I didn’t. I just pointed out that you gotta’ be a dumb-ass to leave your friggin’ car unlocked with the opener in it. I bet the cops told him the same thing.

• richard lesiak wrote, “He also wrote, “blaming the homeowner victim.” I didn’t.”

You misrepresenting cherry-picking hack; read what I wrote IN CONTEXT with the rest of the damn sentence. I wrote, “you using that as your first and only response to this topic looks exactly like a trolling rationalization blaming the homeowner victim”. When you read ALL of what I wrote it’s clear that I did not say you were blaming the victim I said it “look like” you were. Get you proverbial head out of that place the sun never shines and stop your ignorant trolling.

We’re done in this thread.

• Curl up with your “my pillow” and calm down stevie before you need to increase your meds.

• Liberty says:

Steve, don’t you know that’s the typical liberal response: Blame the victim.

2. Blaska wrote, “Shooters, car thieves moving out to the ‘burbs”

People are going to die.

3. One of THOSE says:

Jeez, I woulda at least taken out one of their windows or a tire. That bullet shot in the air could’ve landed on your neighbor’s ___.

4. georgessson says:

So… Richard, like other hypocritical SJW, blames the victim. And never notices that NOW the l’il rascals are carryin’ and shootin’ ? How much meth DO ya put in them fetid donuts, Dick ? No wonder big-time ‘Net gun merchants list their best stock as unavailable. Troll not, Richard; best see if ya can score a Taurus….

Heh!

Well; Jorge. If you stopped long enough to pull the gotch out of your butt you would have seen that I didn’t blame the victim. I said lock your friggin’ car. If you park your car in your driveway unlocked with the opener in it YOU ARE A DUMBASSSSSSS. “carryin’ and shootin’? Why did the homeowner shoot in the air? If you point and fire you better mean business. Meth, fetid, troll… those are the words of someone who has nothing to say.

Much is unavailable because they are going bankrupt (Remington). On the other hand the prez of the NRA is taking your money ,flying on private jets, making millions, partying on 180ft boats, on and on. Now your money is gone, they are rich and all you got is a crappy membership card. Enjoy

• georgessson says:

Huh ? Wha’ ? Ya don’t think it’s B/C citizens are buying weapons legally and carrying them legally to offset the violent crime that appeared w/ BLM protests? And has continued to rise AFTER them ? Ease up on meth cupcake-frosting, perhaps ya may get yer mind back.

5. Ian says:

The “suburbanites” won’t put up with this shit. Especially the farther away from Madistan they go.

Those folks hunt and shoot for fun, AND protection.
    #ThinningTheHerd

They may hunt and shoot for fun, but I hope they lock their cars before going into the woods.

• pANTIFArts says:

Richard, Richard, “Wats rong wid choo?” Why do you come on here and argue with these guys? An idiot would know that they are just messin’ with you. (am I right?) Your points above are all “no brainers”. Our fathers all taught us (1) Lock your doors, (2) Double tap – center mass, (or don’t bother). BUT they also told us to (3) Watch for the bluff, and, (4) Either “sweeten” the pot, or fold and walk away.

A wasted bullet, but that’s the law.

7. Fritzderkat says:

I think I just wasted my time scrolling through this thread because most of it turned out to be Lesiak. Sorry, Dick.

8. Diane says:

This is why I haven’t joined in on “comment” sections very often in the past. All too often, it ends up with a couple of guys quibbling over semantics, or spelling, or twisting each other’s “meaning”, etc. They just end up going back and forth dissing each other — entirely missing the point of what the host commentator was trying to say, and wasting everyone else’s time with their juvenile bickering. A couple of years ago I was reading some cookbook reviews on Amazon, and a British guy shared some very mild critiques of the cookbook. Sure enough, almost immediately, someone started taking potshots at the guy because he was British, and the next thing I knew, others were piling on, insulting the Brits. And these were supposed to be COOKBOOK reviews! I truly mean no disrespect to anyone here, but can’t we Americans do better than this? I am getting so tired of this “all angry, all the time” level of readers’ commentary, and long for the civil, reasonably intelligent discourse that used to be possible in this country. I am new to the Blaska website and even though I am an independent voter, I find much in Dave’s posts — especially regarding the situation in Madison — with which I agree. I don’t consider myself better than anyone else, and I enjoy a good, spirited “back and forth” as much as the next person, but if all I find on this site is the same kind of low-level bickering I find all too often on the internet, I’m probably not welcome here and should move on. If you think I’m misinterpreting the situation, please feel free to say so — just don’t insult my German-Scottish ancestry or call me names.

Diane, thank you so much. Totally agree. I try to police the comments section but Mayor Satya told me to stand down. (Just kidding). Think I’ll post this as a main blogge as an advisory. Needed saying.

Noted; The Gotch is on board, and will no longer engage.

• Diane says:

Thanks, Dave — I’m honored! After recently discovering your website, I’ve come to enjoy your clear-eyed assessment of the current local political scene so much that now my husband and brother are subscribed to you as well. All three of us are “independents”, but are finding much to be alarmed about these days. Please keep up the good — and courageous — work!

9. One eye says:

Richard Lesiak is right …. lock your doors people. Nextdoor is full of liberals that shout victim blamer when this continues to happen. It’s idiot blaming not victim blaming. And shooting into the air???? That bullet has to come down somewhere.

10. Bill says:

Folks, in 1973 I moved to a town just north of Madison. I was taken aback when I came to Wisconsin because it was not uncommon to see people leave their car running with the windows rolled down, the doors unlocked and run into the gas station for a pack of smokes, then get back into their car and drive off. It was not uncommon for people to turn their car off and tuck the keys over the visor or under the seat and go into the store.

When I was in High School it was not uncommon for a guy to leave his guns in the truck with the truck unlocked when he was in school all day as he was going hunting right after school. Happened all the time.

People left their doors unlocked. Many people in town and out in the country would go to work leaving both the front and back doors open with just the screen doors shut in order to get a breeze through the house on a nice day.

What happened to society between then and now?

“What happened to society between then and now?”

Just spitballin’ here:
      *Breakdown of the nuclear family unit
      *Big Gubmint taking over parenting responsibilities
      *Wholesale illegal immigration
      *Pass/Fail grading/removal of standards in elementary/high school indoctrication
      *Acceptance/apologies/encouragement of anti-social behavior
      *Widespread Victimhoodie, and the catch all/end all
      *Deregulation/elimination of hiring standards in the donut manufacturing sector

11. Kooter says:

The sad thing is is the home owner will probably be charged with something. Castle laws are pretty clear that you can use a firearm in self-defense or in defense of property when justified but not firing in the air as the perps flee.

12. patrickmoloughlin says:

Armed burglars. What could possibly go wrong?