Almost cut my hair today

Day #28 in the coronavirus lock-down;

Just another day in the Madison WI re-education camp

A neighbor in nearby Meadowood reports that over the past weekend his metal yard sign was stolen. It read:

“Open Wisconsin NOW, Tony”

At least his sign did not read “Fix It Again, Tony,” which would have been an obvious affront to the Werkes’ staff FIAT 500C. In any event, someone did not agree with our neighbor’s sentiment. In true Madison fashion, the sign was expropriated, lest its subversive message corrupt young minds on furlough from the Madison public schools’ stolen driver’s-ed program. (Anyone want to be our superintendent? Anyone?) Our Meadowood Neighbor reports:

In the last week, I have put up different messages, such as “Help Farmers, Buy Milk”, and on Easter Sunday “Where Is Your Hope Today”. But I guess any message that might suggest any hint of opposition to our Governor was just too much for some people in this city. I have had campaign signs stolen from my yard in the past. They were for Republicans, so I guess I deserved it, right?

Dying for profit!

Yes, you did deserve it, Neighbor! Be thankful you did not get a chemical swastika burned into your lawn!

Meadowood Neighbor’s plaint roused Madison’s liberal-progressive-socialists to raise their pitchforks. “Sad that someone would steal your sign,” responded one neighbor (via the NextDoor social media site), but maybe they were just worried that ignorant public expressions of this sort would cost lives.”

Mr. Trent Tulpo of Greentree gave voice to that other virus incubating in Madison, that of intolerant virtue-signaling: “You want people to die for profit apparently.” (All those barkeeps and wait staff jones-ing for their dirty profits!)

Phillip Gessert of Orchard Ridge piled on: “It’s actually good that these signs got stolen.”

Jace Nichols of Meadowood issued this veiled threat: “Post your actual address and I’ll deliver something even better than that sign right to your doorstep.”

Blaska’s Bottom LineWhy do images of severed horse heads come to mind? Tommy guns produced from under trench coats? We wanted to respond, “That’s fine. We’ll be waiting!” but for once, we exercised self-restraint. (Not that we’ll make that mistake again.)

What a prolonged shutdown will cost in human life.

What does YOUR sign say?

This entry was posted in Coronavirus, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Almost cut my hair today

1. Paula Fitz says:

Absolutely disgusting!

I know all too well (as do you, Blaska) what it’s like to dare to think differently in a city like Madison, and it’s not pleasant.

The effing audacity. Bunch of bullies.

2. Paula Fitz says:

Had someone vandalized or stolen one of those Bernie or “no borders” signs, you can bet the virtue signalers would be howling.

Howling does not begin to describe the weenie-whiny slobbering cacophony; Paula.

In related news; water is wet, heavy objects submit to gravity, and Jeffy Epstein did NOT kill himself!

Glad you called out those monumentally intolerant neighborsnextdoor pr!cks!

The talented Mr. Nichols went so far as to say that your hopes and dreams would be the exact opposite of his 99 times out of 100.

You should have directed him to the Blaska for Better Schools/MMSD Campaign webpage (still up?) and nailed his keester to the floorboards for NOT wanting every student succeed, or for them and teachers to feel safe.

4. AnonyBob says:

Buncha bullies is right! And I’ve witnessed it from right wing idiots, too. In ruby red Lubbock, if you were part of the 20% that voted Democratic and had the gall to put a Democrat’s sign in your lawn, it was guaranteed it would be stolen, if not just riddled with bullet holes (I’m serious).
    Idiots will be idiots. Just don’t assume they’re only on the left. Maybe you’re living in the wrong town, as I was in Lubbock.

• Sprocket says:

It seems Lubbock knows how to take out the trash. We should probably find out what their secret is.

5. Sprocket says:

The subtext of the leftie screeching is that the shutdown should continue until there’s no danger of anyone dying from COVID-19. This means we’ll be treated to particular flavor or authoritarian performance art until there is a vaccine. Best to tell them to shove it sooner rather than later, before they get too comfortable with their new found power.

This pandemic has brought to the fore the essence of modern leftism. It’s a bunch of suburban authoritarians, comfortably working their cubicle jobs from home, whilst spying on their neighbors for the authorities and moralizing to people losing their lively hood. There’s a reason totalitarian beliefs have always found a fertile field in the bourgeois. They are more than happy to use the power of the state to impose their vision of a superior social and moral order. These people would nerve gas puppies for a conveniently located Whole Foods in their neighborhood.

6. Eric Z says:

interesting that our high court gives the DHS a week to respond to the lawsuit. Then they prolly wait another week to issue a ruling. Presto! 14 days of downward trending and we go to phase 1. Is the court silently agreeing with Evers?

7. Good Dog,Happy Man says:

America was founded by good guys like Dr. Ben “Jammin'” Franklin, who not only risked his Life, his fortune and his sacred honor, but waxed wise, “Those who surrender their liberty for security deserve neither.”

If there’s one common symptom of the Chinese Lung AIDS, it’s that it’s turned many regular normal Americans into a sniveling slobbering mass of proglibocratic PC pusscookies.

“Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death” has morphed into, “Give me liberty, unless there a virus with a 98-99% recovery rate, then please strip me of all my freedoms, my job, my income, my unalienable, God-given Constitutional rights to freely exercise my religion, my free speech, my associations and put me under house arrest.”

A quarantine is when you restrict and confine sick people.
    Tyranny is when you restrict the freedom of healthy people.

Well, count me out, kiss my grits and bark like a blue-jay. You can choose to live under the Birkenstock boot heel of big brother, … but for me and mine, … we choose to be free.

William Wallace said it much more eloquently: “Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you’ll live, … at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, … just one chance, …. to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, … but they’ll never take our freedom!”

• dad29 says:

Thanks. Except it’s “Sino Sinus Syphillis” this week.

By the way, when did manhood leave America? That would be an interesting topic for discussion.

8. Good Dog,Happy Man says:

But then again, Dave, I could be wrong. Far out! What’s not to like? Gas is under a buck a gallon, all the restaurants we could afford were drive-in style, and everyone’s getting a little shaggy-haired.
    Welcome back to the 70s. It was pretty cool and pretty groovy, man.
    Life was Good in the Cheddarhood in the 70’s.

9. A Party of One says:

Dave,
    I didn’t know you were a CSNY fan! I was too, once.
    Well, we all have sins in our past!