9-year-old asks Mayor Pete to help him tell the world he’s gay

Indoctrinating our young

Got to be honest with you, how does a nine-year-old kid know that he is gay? When this Old Settler was 9 years old, he didn’t like girls much. Thought about sex Not At All! (On the other hand, I did want to be President, so I invented a country called “Bugtown,” started a newspaper [of which I was editor and publisher] which endorsed me. Surprise, surprise, I won the imaginary election.)

Isn’t this evidence that the Democrats’ fixation on identity politics has gone off the deep end? Or am I missing something? (That’s an unlocked Porsche Panamerica warmed up, gas tank full and running for all you teenaged thread hijackers!)

Pete Buttigieg shared an emotional moment with a young supporter in Denver on Saturday night.

How about telling the world the kid is 9 years old and doesn’t know what he is yet, except that he’s 9 years old!

Blaska’s First Bottom Line: The young fella has a better case than that Swedish brat for complaining that someone stole his childhood.

Source: ‘I want to be brave like you’: 9-year-old asks Pete Buttigieg to help him tell the world he’s gay – CNNPolitics

dunce_cap_michaelsMeanwhile, in Madison’s public schools

Kindergartners through fourth-graders were exposed to thought-provoking subjects such as climate change by seventh-graders at Jefferson Middle School. As part of a unit on environmental justice,  they created picture books and then read them to the younger students. (Source here.)

A group of parents filed a lawsuit Tuesday alleging the Madison school district’s transgender policy is unconstitutional because it prohibits teachers and staff from informing parents that their children want to switch sexes. (Source here.)

Letter to the editor:

The notion expressed by Ali Muldrow that “we are really excited to discipline black students,” is outright insulting to the incredible energies put in by Madison educators to reach out to black students. The indignation of School Board members regarding disproportionate suspension statistics is laughable because the Board is responsible for the district’s leadership. …

The disciplinary approaches that Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham championed have led to staff being afraid to provide accountability, so disruptive students have been placated, learning that they can do as they please, even to the point of destructiveness. (More here.)

Blaska’s Second Bottom Line: Who is going to be the first brave school board member — or candidate — to admit Cheatham’s $5.2 million/year Behavior Education Plan is an abject failure?

For further study: Left-wing activists trying to hijack kids’ minds with ‘ethnic studies’

What do YOU think?

16 Responses to 9-year-old asks Mayor Pete to help him tell the world he’s gay

1. Mark Porter says:

Many of us knew at a very young age that we were attracted to other boys (third grade or before for me). And most of us learned at a very young age that this was unacceptable to most others and we needed to hide it to avoid being beat up or killed. I don’t think anyone has stolen this 9 year old’s from him; I think your heterosexual childhood experience did not mirror his or our’s Dave. Please make a note of it.

2. Gary L. Kriewald says:

“Many of us knew at a very young age that we were attracted to other boys …” Very true. “…we needed to hide it to avoid being beat up or killed.” Well, killed might be taking it a step too far (at least in my experience). In my case–and countless others–the attraction to boys was real and lasting and led eventually to a recognition of my (gay) sexual identity. But there’s more to the story. When I was around eight (I think) I found myself entering a phase where I was attracted to all things feminine, which led to clandestine activities such as trying on my mother’s make-up, clothes and jewelry. (I remember being quite pleased with the results despite looking like a mini drag queen.) If someone had said to me, “Hey, kid, how would you like to be a girl?” I think I’d have taken up the offer. Much later, I found out from talking with my gay male friends that they too had undergone a similar phase before figuring things out and becoming equally proud of being male and of being gay. I’m not sure how my parents would have reacted if they’d discovered my prepubescent cross-dressing, but I’m sure it wouldn’t have been to encourage me to embrace my transgender identity. There’s a certain species of parent (e.g., liberal, white, upper-middle class, abundant in affluent college towns) that sees a transgender child as a kind of trophy–visible proof of their “specialness”–and an opportunity to display their “inclusive” values. So to them it makes perfect sense to let a nine-year-old choose his or her gender … even though most nine-year olds would choose to eat nothing but pizza and pop-tarts if given the opportunity. Finally, I wonder how long that boy’s parents coached him before he had his moment in the limelight with Mayor Pete. Or maybe he goes to one of those schools–like Madison’s–where the curriculum centers around the tenets of “social justice” and students pledge allegiance to the rainbow flag instead of the stars and stripes.

• Mark Porter says:

Some good points Gary but perhaps the lesson we can take from all our experiences is that they are unique to each of us. I never had the urge to dress as a female but was definitely attracted to boys. Reading anything into that 9 year old’s experience is likely more a reflection of your views and experience than his. Why don’t we just take his statements at his word?

• Gary L. Kriewald says:

Because it’s cynical and depraved to exploit a child for one’s political interests. Kind of like pretending to be grateful for Grumbling Greta’s ill-informed harangues about climate change.

”It’s sad when kids put us adults to shame.”

St. Greta’s being cynically used by agenda-driven adults that know better, and whom you’d hope would demonstrate that by their actions.

Just wait until her Use By date passes; she’ll be little more than a sad Cindy Sheehan anecdote.

Noting that THE most basic element of scientific inquiry (unless you’re a True Believer Warmalista AlarmaCYST) is skepticism, we have the Anti-Greta, the talented Ms. Naomi Seibt.

At age 19, too old to be spoon-fed pap by her handlers, she still has her voice.

As a result, she’s become Public Enemy # 1 of Global Warming Inc!

• Gary L. Kriewald says:

It helps that some adults (e.g., Madison liberals) derive a special kind of psycho-sexual thrill from being publicly shamed.

• Sprocket says:

I think nothing really encapsulates the depravity of the left more than the transgender child phenomenon. What sort of degenerate decides to truncate a child’s development as a person with a life altering hormone therapy, just so they can score some woke points? I feel sorry for the kids that would have simply grown up to be normal gays and lesbians, but instead had their lives screwed up due to their parents ideological munchausen by proxy. Hopefully the gay community at large realizes the left is going Dr. Mengele on them and demands an end to this insanity.

• Gary L. Kriewald says:

Well said! Unfortunately, I don’t think the “gay community at large” would dare utter a syllable that could be construed as criticism of the transgendered. Besides, they’re too busy adding letters to the already over-lettered LGBT designation. Meanwhile, transgendered folk now have their own flag (seen on prominent display at several downtown Madison establishments); apparently there aren’t enough colors in the rainbow flag to make them feel validated.

3. George's Son says:

“Forget it, Jake, it’s Bugtown…. “

Teachers Union demands kids share bathroom with transgender educators
    02/21/2020 By M.D. Kittle

MADISON — As the Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD) faces a lawsuit over its policy on student gender identity, it’s being accused of discriminating against transgender teachers in the bathroom.
    On Tuesday, Madison Teachers Inc. (MTI) fired out a press release asserting it supports equal restroom access for MMSD students and staff. The union doesn’t like the district’s directive to Frank Allis Elementary school staff to “limit their use of restroom facilities to the single person restroom.”
    The union’s Equity and Diversity Committee, as well as MTI’s board of directors, released a statement saying that they “stand with Vica Steel and all our transgender, *gender non-binary,* lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer or *questioning,* intersex, and *asexual* or allied (LGBTQIA) staff.”

*or questioning*, *gender non-binary*, *asexual*
    Awfully low threshold to gain access to the opposite sex restroom.
    I wonder if just “questioning” will eventually gain H.S. boys access to the girls locker room/showers.
    Nah, that’ll never happen.

• madisonexpat says:

Worked so well for the Boy Scouts.

• Gary L. Kriewald says:

Makes one wonder just how far Madison’s educational elites can stray into the realm of farce. They’ve already gone farther than I would have imagined possible, but then again when one hitches one’s wagon to the star of identity politics, the sky’s the limit.

5. Good Dog,Happy Man says:

Most normal, regular Americans know that Lefties have crossed the Rubicon of Reality.
    There’s no going back. Yet, proglibocrats proudly proclaim they’re The Party of Science.” ?!!!

MTI teachers are working overtime to define deviancy down and make sin public policy.
    I hope this lawsuit slows their roll, puts a hitch in their hempen homespun and wakes them up.

God created man and woman. That’s it. Sorry, Lefties, there’s really only two genuine sexes.
    Seek professional psychiatric treatment for your Gender Identity Disorder, don’t force it on children.
    Sure, you can take powerful hormones for the rest of your life, play dress up, or even multilane your genitals, but no, you can’t change your DNA through the power of wishful thinking.

Publik skools have been turned into a warm comfortable nests for indoctrination, propagating the pusillanimous pap and proggy propaganda of hive-minded communists/socialists, secular-progressive totalitarians and infested with low-flow lockstep liberal lemmings, pro-abort feminasties, and gender-bending, homo-normative LBGTQIA-EIEIO barnyard menagerie of sex confused, man-bunned, neo-Marxist, Peter Pan Pajama Boy Proglobots, radical watermelon environmentalists, TDSers, Angry Blue Fisters and Hate America Firsters.

Makistani students today can be exposed to every form of hateful Leftist collective orthodoxy without ever having heard a single, solitary Conservative POV. They can graduate owning a worthless degree in Grievance Studies, owing massive student debt, hating all our traditional shared American values, their parents and their God and Country.

This is most certainly true.

• Gary L. Kriewald says:

“Publik skools have been turned into warm comfortable nests for [leftist] indoctrination …” It worked so well in America’s colleges and universities, why not apply the formula to K-12?

6. George's Son says:

All are good credible comments here. And, the LGBT community has made unheard of progress, especiallycompared to the other minorities. That’s commendable but/so when did common-sense get tossed out the window. Some of these quandaries need actual thought, not Prog knee-jerks. At this point “More” is Less”. Let’s apply some time to get our head’s around it all. Jes sayin’….