School-to-prison pipeline is back in session
Four more teens injured Wednesday
Four teenagers were injured after a possible stolen vehicle crashed into a light pole on East Washington Avenue, said Madison Police.
According to police department spokesman Joel DeSpain, the car struck the pole at Sixth Street and East Washington Avenue around 11:40 this morning (12-04-19). The car struck a pole at a high rate of speed and four ambulances responded to the scene. A Fire Dept. spokesperson said four passengers inside the car had injuries from the crash.
The driver was a 15-year-old boy who has been arrested in the past for armed robbery, burglary and stealing cars. The passengers included two 13-year-old girls and a 16-year-old girl. More here.
Three more stolen vehicles
5:28 a.m. Wednesday 12-04-19 — Officers responded to a West district residence for a report of a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was left running and unoccupied. The vehicle was observed driving recklessly on Mineral Point Rd/Whitney Way later in the day. Attempt to locate aired.
3:57 p.m. Officers respond to a residence reference a stolen auto. The victim reported that their vehicle was parked in an underground parking garage and the keys were inside the vehicle. The suspect (53-year-old female) is known to the victim.
2:04 a.m. Thursday 12-05-19 —Multiple agencies had been pursuing a stolen vehicle when an officer noted the vehicle driving into a parking lot at a restaurant in the north district. Officers contacted two occupants who exited the stolen vehicle and were getting into another vehicle. The suspects (16, 15, and 14 year-old male and female) were arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle without the Owners Consent and Obstructing. All three were taken to the Juvenile Reception Center.
- Elizabeth Warren Unveils Plan To End Climate Change By Performing Authentic Rain Dance
- Libertarian Christian Fights Vigorously To Legalize Various Sins
- Disney+ Introduces $10/Month Add-On That Blocks 'Frozen' From Streaming Service
- Peace, Harmony Break Out As More People Go Outside, Talk To Their Neighbors To Avoid Torturous Impeachment Hearings
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Leftist law profs helped Trump December 5, 2019
- Two Madison boys, 13, arrested after school bus shooting December 4, 2019
- Teachers are abused by low expectations December 3, 2019
- No child left behind except U.S. school students December 3, 2019
- Did big Dem lawyer hope to cash in on Jeffrey Epstein’s crimes? December 2, 2019
- Four injured when teens steal car December 1, 2019
- ‘Complete chaos, bedlam and insanity like I’ve never seen’ cop says of State St. brawl November 30, 2019
- Blaska is about to write something just plain nutty! November 30, 2019
- Steve Witherspoon on Leftist law profs helped Trump
- madisonexpat on Teachers are abused by low expectations
- Cornelius Gotchberg on Two Madison boys, 13, arrested after school bus shooting
- Sprocket on Teachers are abused by low expectations
- Rich on Two Madison boys, 13, arrested after school bus shooting
Our Favorite On-Line Reads