Jefferson student hospitalized after attack by school bullyA Jefferson middle school student was taken to a hospital with a concussion after being punched by a classmate Wednesday afternoon (01-15-2020).The victim told police he had been bullied for some time by the boy who hit him. A school staff member said the victim fell to the floor after the initial blow, and was then punched a couple of more times. The employee said the suspect was screaming and knocking over chairs.He was removed from the classroom and later taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on tentative charges of substantial battery and disorderly conduct.
Wayne Strong is sort of back in!
I read it here
That’s our Bernie!
Bernie is not normal
Rich Lowry in National Review:
The same people who have spent years worrying about norms — by which they usually mean things President Donald Trump says and tweets — express little alarm about Bernie’s campaign of jaw-dropping radicalism.
If he had his way, he’d fundamentally change the character of the country. He’d make the United States an outlier in the Western world, not in terms of its relatively limited government, but its sweeping activism. A Hellfire missile aimed right at the federal fisc, Sanders would make Barack Obama’s economic agenda look like the work of a moderate Republican.
In foreign affairs, he’d bring to the Oval Office a sympathy for America’s enemies not often heard outside academia or Noam Chomsky reading groups.
He’s the American Jeremy Corbyn, a socialist true believer whose fantastical agenda reflects the dictates of dogma.
School-to-prison pipeline is back in session
While taking groceries in
3:41 p.m. Tuesday 01-14-2020 — Officers responded to a west side residence reference a report of a stolen auto. The victim explained that they were unloading their vehicle after shopping and left the garage door open with their keys and personal belongings inside the vehicle. Approximately thirty minutes later the spouse arrived home and noted that the vehicle was missing. The suspects (two males) attempted to use the victim’s credit cards at a local shopping mall. Investigation continuing.
Car thieves up bright and early
7:56 AM Saturday 01/11/2020 – 3500 block Manchester Rd.An unlocked SUV with garage door opener inside was parked in the driveway of a Manchester Rd. home Saturday morning. The door from the attached garage into the house was also unlocked.
When family members awoke, the SUV was gone as were several wallets that had been inside the home. The father quickly canceled credit cards after learning the burglar (s) had already been using them to make, or attempt to make, purchases.
The stolen SUV was located Saturday night in a Brittany Place parking lot.
15 kids arrested in DecemberLast month, 56 were reported stolen. Of that number, 54 had keys in them, or had keys easily accessible to criminals. There were 29 (of the 56) that were unlocked and running at the time they were taken.In December, the MPD arrested 13 juveniles, two 17-year-olds, and three adults on tentative auto theft related charges.
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Jefferson middle school principal is out January 16, 2020
- Capital Times gets called on its nastiness January 16, 2020
- Maybe SHE is the liar on national TV January 16, 2020
- Madison teachers say ‘society is murdering black & brown people’ January 14, 2020
- Schools without discipline will fail January 14, 2020
- No safe space for reformers at a Madison middle school? January 13, 2020
- Sea ya! January 13, 2020
- Death to ________! (Fill in blank) January 11, 2020
- 'We'll Take Good Care Of These,' Says Mitch McConnell While Placing Impeachment Articles In Special Rectangular Filing Bin
- MLB Investigating Allegations That Los Angeles Angels Called For Divine Assistance To Win Pennant In The '90s
- In Preparation For Possible Woman President, White House Staff Begins Loosening All Jar Lids
- Warren Rejects Peace Pipe Offered By Sanders
Our Favorite On-Line Reads