Minority voters chafe as Democratic candidates abandon charter schools
New York Times: This year, in a major shift, the leading Democratic candidates are backing away from charter schools, and siding with the teachers’ unions that oppose their expansion. And that has left some black and Latino families feeling betrayed. …
charter schools that serve mostly low-income children of color in large cities tend to excel academically. And bipartisan support in Washington has allowed charters to proliferate, with their waiting lists swelling into the hundreds of thousands.
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Republicans are pro-education February 27, 2020
- Cops repeatedly called on Bernie backers February 27, 2020
- Don’t assume 5 teens running from wrecked car had stolen it! February 27, 2020
- We watched Democrats paint houses February 26, 2020
- ‘Unlearning whiteness’ in the Madison schools February 25, 2020
- Is this the best Madison’s public schools can do? February 25, 2020
- 9-year-old asks Mayor Pete to help him tell the world he’s gay February 24, 2020
- Bloomberg’s nanny state would control your boobs February 23, 2020
- George's Son on Cops repeatedly called on Bernie backers
- George's Son on Don’t assume 5 teens running from wrecked car had stolen it!
- Batman on Cops repeatedly called on Bernie backers
- Steve Witherspoon on Don’t assume 5 teens running from wrecked car had stolen it!
- Gary L. Kriewald on Republicans are pro-education
Our Favorite On-Line Reads