Nothing on Cops in Schools tonight

Appears cops in schools (educational resource officers) is NOT on TODAY’S agenda. Damn ad hoc committee STILL made no recommendation. Expect last minute notice of their meeting for Wednesday this week.

Communication made to Madison Board of Education on July 20:
Let’s get this over with. Sixteen [now 17] months is too long for the disruption caused by the fruitless debate over educational resource officers — and for what? Both the Mayor and the Police Chief have repudiated the committee’s proposal to kick the four EROs out of the high schools in favor of some nebulous program involving 20 “liaisons” — a proposal that sought neither the input of the police, your own safety & security coordinator, parents, staff or school principals.

It is time to issue a definitive statement that will end this madness. The social justice warriors who have disrupted Common Council, County Board, and MMSD School District committee meetings have already targeted your June 30 meeting and a counter-response is underway. Madison is getting tired of the nonsense. I offer this as a template, feel free to reword but get back to me soon.

“I am one of seven members of the MMSD Board of Education so I speak only for myself. I deplore the intimidation of citizens conducted by a small but tightly organized pressure group at the July 18 and June 20 meetings of the ad hoc committee. I want to assure the parents and citizens of the Madison Metro School District that this bullying behavior will not be tolerated at future meetings. At the next meeting of the Board of Education on Monday, July 30, I will introduce or support the introduction of a resolution to retain the educational resource officers in our four high schools beyond the 2018-19 school year, when the current contract expires. I will also entertain proposals to extend that service to our middle schools.”

I am contacting each of the other members individually. I will note your response or lack thereof on my blog. Thank you.

Have they responded? Nope. The hoped for resolution supporting EROs? Doubtful.

11 Responses to Nothing on Cops in Schools tonight

1. Dave says:

I think you mean Monday, JULY 30th, not June

Why all this last minute crap, to keep people with jobs/responsibilities uninformed and those with an agenda with an advantage?

3. Scott F says:

……..as they continue to validate their embodiment of the “circle jerk”.

4. richard lesiak says:

Darn. And here I was planning on attending. Oh well.

@richard lesiak;

“And here I was planning on attending.”

What happened to yer “I don’t live there” crap.

Or did yer innate Lefty need to stick yer over-sized schnoozola where it don’t belong and provide ill-informed infusion where it ain’t wanted or needed become overpowering?

BTW, when’s the Dells Health Department hearing to consider allowing the facility where youse make donuts to remain open despite ALL those code violations? I could stop by to supply a lack-of-character reference…

What’s your problem today gotch? Your sad, angry, little man act is growing old.

@richard lesiak;

“What’s your problem today gotch?”

Touch a nerve, did I? Anywho, none; youse?

”Your (sic) sad, angry, little man act is growing old.”

How do I get on the right path, by eating more donuts…?

The answer to all 3 of your questions IS……..42.

@richard lesiak;

Your comments are proof positive that humanity generally, and this blog specifically, would benefit mightily were stupidity to hurt…BAD!

Ouch!
    That one definitely left a mark and hurt deep.

Is it possible that some people LIKE having meetings.
    I’m told that some people actually like going to the emergency room.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )