I read it here
School-to-prison pipeline is back in session
5 cars stolen over weekend
01-18-2020 — Mother Nature assisted in the apprehension of a teen, who is well known to the MPD, Saturday afternoon.
Officers had been sent to Birch Hill Dr. after a community member noticed a SUV with its rear windows open. It had been that way all night. The witness knows the area to be one where car thieves have dumped vehicles in the past, and saw the situation – in the middle of a Wisconsin winter – as potentially suspicious.
As officers arrived, they saw a 15-year-old near a stolen Honda Pilot. The teen has been arrested multiple times in the past for offenses like operating a motor vehicle without owner’s consent, entry into locked vehicle, burglary, and battery. At the moment, the suspect was asking a homeowner, who was out clearing snow from his driveway, if he (the teen) could borrow a scraper to clear the windows of the Pilot.
Officers sneaked up on the teen. He tried to run, but did not go far. He was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center.
Officers receive information on a daily basis from the M-P-D’s Criminal Intelligence Section regarding vehicles that are currently stolen that officers should attempt to locate. Currently there are 17 vehicles on what is known as the “Hot Sheet.”
The MPD works hard to find and return vehicles to their owners; however, per MPD policy, officers very infrequently engage in a pursuits out of concern for community safety.
01-19-2020 — Recovered Stolen Vehicle – 4:43 p.m. Officers observed five juveniles flee from a vehicle. Area canvassed and one juvenile was detained. The vehicle was left unoccupied and discovered to be reported as stolen. Vehicle recovered. Investigation continuing.
Three other vehicles stolen over the weekend.
Get Blog e-mailed!
So Search Me!
Mouldering in the basement
While you were out
- Blaska is unimpeachable January 22, 2020
- School cop at West high seizes student’s loaded gun January 21, 2020
- Madison’s war on police on tonight’s agenda January 21, 2020
- What the hell was going on out there? January 20, 2020
- Shame is a many splendored thing January 19, 2020
- Trump stumbles to victory January 18, 2020
- The Left has perverted Martin Luther King Jr. January 18, 2020
- Why are Madison middle school principals leaving? January 18, 2020
- AOC Declares Stalin Was Actually Center-Right
- Potluck Scandal: Betty Tries To Pass Off Store-Bought Pie As Homemade
- Socialist Steps On Another Rake Insisting That 79 Previous Attempts Weren't REAL Stepping On A Rake
- Greta Thunberg Plummets Down Garbage Chute While Demanding Willy Wonka End Harmful Carbon Emissions Now
Our Favorite On-Line Reads